News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The Walking Dead  ( 54,810 )

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: The Walking Dead
« Reply #240 on: March 19, 2012, 11:06:06 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on March 19, 2012, 10:42:22 AM
Quote from: morpheus on March 19, 2012, 10:14:58 AM
Quote from: R-V on March 19, 2012, 09:06:14 AM
Holy christ is Lori an awful character. Couldn't have been more than 2 or 3 weeks ago that she told Rick that Shane had to go. Now that Rick did the deed she is DISGUSTED.

I was hoping the finale would consist of every single character except Daryl getting killed off, and starting from scratch with a new cast next season. I guess I'll have to settle for Jimmy's hilariously pointless death (Rick: Sacrifice yourself so we can get down from this barn to a safe place on top of the RV, and then climb down from that RV which is surrounded by zombies!).

DPD.  Jimmy's death confounded me.  Why get up out of the driver's seat?  Why not just listen for the two thuds as Rick and Carl land on the roof, and then floor it?

He did a real nice job securing the door. What a rube.

Fuck Lori. Please kill her, show. Please.

Say what you will, but Rick got some snarl in him now.

He should leave those clowns to flounder on their own and go shack up with Andrea and the Armless and jawless Zombie Slaver.

And no, Hollywood - I won't be reading Playboy.
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #241 on: March 19, 2012, 11:12:55 AM »
Quote from: Gilgamesh on March 19, 2012, 11:06:06 AM
Holy christ is Lori an awful character. Couldn't have been more than 2 or 3 weeks ago that she told Rick that Shane had to go. Now that Rick did the deed she is DISGUSTED.

I was hoping the finale would consist of every single character except Daryl getting killed off, and starting from scratch with a new cast next season. I guess I'll have to settle for Jimmy's hilariously pointless death (Rick: Sacrifice yourself so we can get down from this barn to a safe place on top of the RV, and then climb down from that RV which is surrounded by zombies!).

DPD.  Jimmy's death confounded me.  Why get up out of the driver's seat?  Why not just listen for the two thuds as Rick and Carl land on the roof, and then floor it?

He should leave those clowns to flounder on their own and go shack up with Andrea and the Armless and jawless Zombie Slaver.

Even better.

Can they make this slaver Rayden? No, that would be too amazing.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #242 on: March 19, 2012, 12:07:33 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on March 19, 2012, 11:12:55 AM
Quote from: Gilgamesh on March 19, 2012, 11:06:06 AM

Even better.

Can they make this slaver Rayden? No, that would be too amazing.

It's a chick.

This chick.
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #243 on: March 19, 2012, 04:39:02 PM »
As a comics nerd, I was pretty stoked for the prison to show up.

Now let us never speak of the farm again.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #244 on: March 19, 2012, 10:00:27 PM »
Quote from: Bort on March 19, 2012, 04:39:02 PM

They should have tossed the comic books while they had the chance. Sword-wielding zombie ninjas are a step toward Heroes, not exploring (or exploiting) the medium.
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #245 on: March 19, 2012, 10:44:41 PM »
Quote from: Wheezer on March 19, 2012, 10:00:27 PM

They should have tossed the comic books while they had the chance. Sword-wielding zombie ninjas are a step toward Heroes, not exploring (or exploiting) the medium.

We can't all be Mr. Natural.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #246 on: March 20, 2012, 12:25:00 AM »
Quote from: Bort on March 19, 2012, 10:44:41 PM

Of course we can. "We" already are. That's neither here nor there.
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

Gilgamesh

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #247 on: March 20, 2012, 01:59:52 AM »
Quote from: Bort on March 19, 2012, 10:44:41 PM

Mister?

This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #248 on: March 20, 2012, 09:38:56 AM »
Via Drew Magary...recap time

QuoteDaryl suggests they go back and save Andrea, but even Grimes is like no, despite the fact that Grimes would drive 100 miles to save a sandwich if he thought the walkers were approaching the Subway. What's important is that they have each other. And this bottle of Gatorade. And these garbanzo beans.

morpheus

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
I don't get that KurtEvans photoshop.

Kermit IV

• Still missing Daryle Ward.
  • Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #250 on: March 21, 2012, 03:16:38 PM »
I love that I'm not watching this show.  I have a bunch of rage saved up for when Falling Skies comes back.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #251 on: March 21, 2012, 03:18:14 PM »
Quote from: Kermit IV on March 21, 2012, 03:16:38 PM
I love that I'm not watching this show.  I have a bunch of rage saved up for when Falling Skies comes back.

I enjoyed the last episode of the season. Granted I had to watch a ton of bad ones to get to that point.

I have some hope things are trending up. But the post-bad episode rage sustains me.

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #252 on: October 14, 2012, 07:57:39 PM »
Ah, no.

QuoteAMC and Republic Records announced today the release of The Walking Dead's first original soundtrack song. The single, BETH & MAGGIE GREENE's "The Parting Glass," is featured in the series' highly anticipated Season 3 Premiere on Sun., Oct. 14 at 9/8c and will be available on The Walking Dead store and on iTunes immediately following the show's premiere via Republic Records.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #253 on: October 15, 2012, 09:33:37 AM »
I liked it. There wasn't any bitching about who's in charge or what should we do next or any of that bullplop that weighed down last season and the plot wasn't driven by someone being a moron. They're working together as a team with defined roles and it's resulting in some serious zombie carnage.

One thing though - can you get infected if you get zombie blood in your mouth? That came to mind when they were messily impaling zombie brains inches away from their own faces.

Gilgamesh

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #254 on: October 15, 2012, 11:12:14 AM »
Quote from: R-V on October 15, 2012, 09:33:37 AM
I liked it. There wasn't any bitching about who's in charge or what should we do next or any of that bullplop that weighed down last season and the plot wasn't driven by someone being a moron. They're working together as a team with defined roles and it's resulting in some serious zombie carnage.

One thing though - can you get infected if you get zombie blood in your mouth? That came to mind when they were messily impaling zombie brains inches away from their own faces.

Remember from the end of last season: they're all infected anyway.