News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Ryne Sandberg Suicide watch  ( 32,074 )

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Ryne Sandberg Suicide watch
« on: October 22, 2010, 04:09:10 PM »
Quade was hired 3 days ago. Still no interviews for Ryne Sandberg. The only offers out there appear to be from the Cubs as manager of the Iowa Cubs (job in hand) or bench coach (Quade said he'd consider Sandberg).

Act fast Pittsburgh, Milwaukee, Toronto, Mets and Florida! The Ryne Sandberg sweepstakes is sure to be over soon.

BBM

• Hank White Fan Club
Re: Ryne Sandberg interview watch
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2010, 06:59:09 PM »
Quote from: Brownie on October 22, 2010, 04:09:10 PM
Quade was hired 3 days ago. Still no interviews for Ryne Sandberg. The only offers out there appear to be from the Cubs as manager of the Iowa Cubs (job in hand) or bench coach (Quade said he'd consider Sandberg).
Act fast Pittsburgh, Milwaukee, Toronto, Mets and Florida! The Ryne Sandberg sweepstakes is sure to be over soon.

*cut to april after a two game losing streak.* 

FIRE CA-ADE! HIRE RYNE!  DAT GUY UNDERSTANDS DA CUB CULTURE!

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2010, 11:27:18 AM »

John Farrell'd

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2010, 12:21:56 PM »
Quote from: Yeti on October 26, 2010, 11:27:18 AM

John Farrell'd

Milwaukee is down to its finalists: Joey Cora and Pat Listach. That leaves Pittsburgh, Flushing and Miami Gardens, FL as possible mailing addresses for Ryne Sandberg. My money says he'll be residing in Des Moines or Paradise Valley next summer. If he's not babysitting Ozzie Guillen, of course.

Indolent Reader

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2010, 12:40:57 PM »
Quote from: Brownie on October 26, 2010, 12:21:56 PM

John Farrell'd

Milwaukee is down to its finalists: Joey Cora and Pat Listach. That leaves Pittsburgh, Flushing and Miami Gardens, FL as possible mailing addresses for Ryne Sandberg. My money says he'll be residing in Des Moines or Paradise Valley next summer. If he's not babysitting Ozzie Guillen, of course.

Assuming Cora gets the Milwaukee gig, it would be oh-so White Sox of them to hire Sandberg as bench coach.  Then he and Stone can talk and talk and talk about how they don't care about the Cubs. 

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2010, 04:36:09 PM »

Aren't you going to be embarrassed when the Yankees let Girardi go and offer the manager's job to Sandberg.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2010, 05:55:21 PM »
Quote from: CBStew on October 26, 2010, 04:36:09 PM

Aren't you going to be embarrassed when the Yankees let Girardi go and offer the manager's job to Sandberg.

Probably. Again, I hope he gets a chance someday, somewhere and he does well (but not as well as Quade, unless of course his chance is as Quade's replacement). But no one wants him, except Ozzie Guillen.

fiveouts

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2010, 09:38:18 PM »
Quote from: Brownie on October 26, 2010, 05:55:21 PM
Quote from: CBStew on October 26, 2010, 04:36:09 PM

Probably. Again, I hope he gets a chance someday, somewhere and he does well (but not as well as Quade, unless of course his chance is as Quade's replacement). But no one wants him, except headlines more than Ozzie Guillen.

PenPho

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2010, 12:10:26 PM »

John Farrell'd

Milwaukee with yet another re-direct, looks like Bobby Valentine is the hire. 
"I use exit numbers because they tell me how many miles are left since they're based off of the molested"

PenPho

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2010, 01:33:53 PM »
Quote from: PenPho on October 27, 2010, 12:10:26 PM

John Farrell'd

DPD.

Or not.
"I use exit numbers because they tell me how many miles are left since they're based off of the molested"

Andy

• Head Moran
  • Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2010, 07:15:58 AM »
I honestly can't believe that Sandberg's agent couldn't get him even a token interview.  That's a very bad sign.

It means there's less than no interest in Sandberg.  Not that it's much of a surprise.

PenPho

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2010, 01:59:45 PM »
Quote from: PenPho on October 27, 2010, 01:33:53 PM

John Farrell'd

DPD.

Or not.

Or somebody else entirely.

Joe Cowley of the Chicago Sun-Times reports that the Brewers have hired Angels bench coach Ron Roenicke as manager.

PenPho

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2010, 05:49:05 PM »
Quote from: PenPho on November 02, 2010, 01:59:45 PM
Quote from: PenPho on October 27, 2010, 01:33:53 PM

John Farrell'd

DPD.

Or not.

Or somebody else entirely.

Joe Cowley of the Chicago Sun-Times reports that the Brewers have hired Angels bench coach Ron Roenicke as manager.

DPD.

And then there were two...

Marlins retain interim dude that I've never heard of.
Pretty sure this is all made up.

powen01

• Vuvuzela Spit Cleaner
  • Fukakke Fan Club
    • powen01@yahoo.com
« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2010, 11:41:50 PM »

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2010, 07:17:53 AM »
Quote from: powen01 on November 03, 2010, 11:41:50 PM
I'm out, bitches!

He waited until all the other jobs were taken before quitting the Cubs?

How did we miss out on this guy?
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16