News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Ryne Sandberg Suicide watch  ( 32,060 )

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Ryne Sandberg suicide watch
« Reply #60 on: September 13, 2011, 06:09:16 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on September 13, 2011, 11:16:31 AM
Quote from: Brownie on September 13, 2011, 10:16:49 AM
Ryne Sandberg told Barry Rozner he's not thinking about the Cubs, which is to say he is.

After all, the Phillies are so professional compared to other teams he's been around.

Quote"I haven't thought about the Cubs at all,'' Sandberg said. "We're about to start a playoff series here and that's my focus.''
In his fifth year as a minor-league manager, Sandberg has followed up his PCL Manager of the Year season at Iowa (AAA) in 2010 with a playoff season in Lehigh Valley (AAA), where the team hadn't had a day with a winning record the three previous seasons.
"It's been a great experience,'' Sandberg said. "The Phillies communicate with everyone, from top to bottom, and they treat everyone as part of the process, which is to get players ready for the big leagues.
"They ask your opinion on players. They ask about call-ups. Management spends a lot of time visiting the minor leagues. It's consistent all season. It's great to experience that. It's very professional. I'm really fortunate to be a part of something like this and grateful to (GM) Ruben Amaro Jr. and to the Phillies.''
There's been speculation out East about Sandberg's future and a possible promotion to a major-league coaching staff in Philly or elsewhere, which is the next logical step.
"Everyone in the minors wants to get to the majors. I'm no different,'' Sandberg said. "But we start a playoff series (Wednesday night). That's the focus.''

Coaching in the majors before he manages there? Unheard of and no fucking way to treat a hall of famer and proven winner.

It takes a smart baseball man to understand the fast track to managing in the Majors is to join an organization with a winning manager.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #61 on: September 13, 2011, 10:26:42 PM »
Quote from: Fork on September 13, 2011, 06:09:16 PM
Ryne Sandberg told Barry Rozner he's not thinking about the Cubs, which is to say he is.

After all, the Phillies are so professional compared to other teams he's been around.

Quote"I haven't thought about the Cubs at all,'' Sandberg said. "We're about to start a playoff series here and that's my focus.''
In his fifth year as a minor-league manager, Sandberg has followed up his PCL Manager of the Year season at Iowa (AAA) in 2010 with a playoff season in Lehigh Valley (AAA), where the team hadn't had a day with a winning record the three previous seasons.
"It's been a great experience,'' Sandberg said. "The Phillies communicate with everyone, from top to bottom, and they treat everyone as part of the process, which is to get players ready for the big leagues.
"They ask your opinion on players. They ask about call-ups. Management spends a lot of time visiting the minor leagues. It's consistent all season. It's great to experience that. It's very professional. I'm really fortunate to be a part of something like this and grateful to (GM) Ruben Amaro Jr. and to the Phillies.''
There's been speculation out East about Sandberg's future and a possible promotion to a major-league coaching staff in Philly or elsewhere, which is the next logical step.
"Everyone in the minors wants to get to the majors. I'm no different,'' Sandberg said. "But we start a playoff series (Wednesday night). That's the focus.''

Coaching in the majors before he manages there? Unheard of and no fucking way to treat a hall of famer and proven winner.

It takes a smart baseball man to understand the fast track to managing in the Majors is to join an organization with a winning manager.

He joined one with a retiring manager.  Too bad he had faith in a dipshit GM that he'd actually be given a chance at the job.  Fortunately, he was able to walk away with dignity.

Unlike the dipshit GM and the moron he hired instead of Sandberg.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #62 on: September 13, 2011, 10:36:10 PM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on September 13, 2011, 10:26:42 PM
He joined one with a retiring manager.  Too bad he had faith in a dipshit GM that he'd actually be given a chance at the job.  Fortunately, he was able to walk away with dignity.

Wait... So now Chuck is in the RICKITTS SHOULD OF HIRED RYNO camp?
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

BBM

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #63 on: September 14, 2011, 07:10:21 AM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on September 13, 2011, 10:36:10 PM

No, Maybe, Yes.

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #64 on: September 14, 2011, 08:13:14 AM »
Quote from: Fork on September 13, 2011, 06:09:16 PM

That's green font, right? I mean, I don't think Quade has worked out, but Sandberg was a finalist for the position.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #65 on: September 14, 2011, 08:52:58 AM »

Chuck has crossed the Rubicon and is now offically a mockery of himself.  He doesn't even know what he's petulantly indignant about anymore.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #66 on: September 14, 2011, 09:22:38 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on September 14, 2011, 08:52:58 AM
He joined one with a retiring manager.  Too bad he had faith in a dipshit GM that he'd actually be given a chance at the job.  Fortunately, he was able to walk away with dignity.

Chuck has crossed the Rubicon and is now offically a mockery of himself.  He doesn't even know what he's petulantly indignant about anymore.

Granted, he does need to develop some new internet shticks that can carry him past 2014.

But this is the shtick prospect equivalent of calling up Dave Bush* from AAA.

*Currently of RYNO'S IRON PIGS

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #67 on: September 14, 2011, 09:28:40 AM »
really glad we're still arguing about this.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #68 on: September 14, 2011, 09:38:07 AM »
Quote from: Brownie on September 14, 2011, 08:13:14 AM
That's green font, right? I mean, I don't think Quade has worked out, but Sandberg was a finalist for the position.

Ryno was a finalist the same way Hillary Clinton was a finalist for VP.

Really?  I had no idea that's what I was saying.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #69 on: September 14, 2011, 09:46:54 AM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on September 14, 2011, 09:38:07 AM
Quote from: Brownie on September 14, 2011, 08:13:14 AM

Ryno was a finalist the same way Hillary Clinton was a finalist for VP.

Really?  I had no idea that's what I was saying.

Nobody knows what you're saying because your answers are either purposely vague or analogies that make no sense.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #70 on: September 14, 2011, 09:58:27 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on September 14, 2011, 09:28:40 AM

We're also all still Cubs fans for some reason.

On the plus side, the internet just showed me Scarlett Johansson's alleged naked Ts & A (NSFW, natch).

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #71 on: September 14, 2011, 11:21:49 AM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on September 14, 2011, 09:58:27 AM
Quote from: Slaky on September 14, 2011, 09:28:40 AM

We're also all still Cubs fans for some reason.

On the plus side, the internet just showed me Scarlett Johansson's alleged naked Ts & A (NSFW, natch).

I saw it and after my penis exploded with joy and then reformed as a bigger, mightier penis I've spent the last three hours bathed in soft light while angels massage me gently. It's easily the best thing the Internet has ever given me.

Doc

• Pollyellon Fan Club
« Reply #72 on: September 19, 2011, 09:24:21 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on September 14, 2011, 11:21:49 AM
I saw it and after my penis exploded with joy and then reformed as a bigger, mightier penis...

Up to 2.5" now, eh? Congrats. Lose some belly flab and perhaps you'll see it one day.

It's easily the best thing the Internet has ever given me.

You mean aside from a free forum to post a constant stream of random thoughts, unsolicitied opinions, and pedantic rants?

Thank God I woke up today and remembered I hated you, Slaky. Hell, it's been a while
"You're a daisy if you do."

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #73 on: September 19, 2011, 01:02:12 PM »
Quote from: Doc on September 19, 2011, 09:24:21 AM
I saw it and after my penis exploded with joy and then reformed as a bigger, mightier penis...

Up to 2.5" now, eh? Congrats. Lose some belly flab and perhaps you'll see it one day.

It's easily the best thing the Internet has ever given me.

You mean aside from a free forum to post a constant stream of random thoughts, unsolicitied opinions, and pedantic rants?

Thank God I woke up today and remembered I hated you, Slaky. Hell, it's been a while

It sure has. Welcome back.

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #74 on: November 02, 2011, 02:04:25 PM »
Well, is he boiling over with ANGER right now if Epstein really did mean to rule him out today? The Phils snubbed him in putting him on their big league staff. Is he furiously penning a cover letter and mailing it off to St. Louis right now?