News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Coming to America, Part the Third.  ( 79,191 )

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Coming to America, Part the Third.
« on: October 29, 2010, 11:59:53 AM »
STonk has suggested that I might travel to Chicago next year to take in a couple of Cubs' games - and who knows, maybe even drink a glass of beer or two.  I initially resisted, of course, but she twisted my arm and I've finally - reluctantly - agreed to go, as much to keep her happy as anything.

The dates would be somewhere around the 26th/27th May to the 4th/5th June, and would include three games at home against Pissburgh, three against the Asstros, and a couple of games in St. Lou.

So, who's around then for baseball and/or beer?  And is there any danger of getting a rooftop game organised during that period, do you reckon?
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Coming to America, Part the Third.
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2010, 12:01:29 PM »
Quote from: Tonker on October 29, 2010, 11:59:53 AM
STonk has suggested that I might travel to Chicago next year to take in a couple of Cubs' games - and who knows, maybe even drink a glass of beer or two.  I initially resisted, of course, but she twisted my arm and I've finally - reluctantly - agreed to go, as much to keep her happy as anything.

The dates would be somewhere around the 26th/27th May to the 4th/5th June, and would include three games at home against Pissburgh, three against the Asstros, and a couple of games in St. Lou.

So, who's around then for baseball and/or beer?  And is there any danger of getting a rooftop game organised during that period, do you reckon?

BO. NER. IAN had mentioned doing a trip north around this time.. Double whammy? I'm sure I'd be the only one excited for that.

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2010, 12:13:23 PM »
STonk has suggested that I might travel to Chicago next year to take in a couple of Cubs' games - and who knows, maybe even drink a glass of beer or two.  I initially resisted, of course, but she twisted my arm and I've finally - reluctantly - agreed to go, as much to keep her happy as anything.

So, who's around then for baseball and/or beer?  And is there any danger of getting a rooftop game organised during that period, do you reckon?

You know where and how to find me.  I'm just going to go ahead and assume we'll be hitting up the same Mexican joint and the same blues club.  Maybe even get a bigger group this time?

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2010, 12:38:12 PM »
Quote from: Oleg on October 29, 2010, 12:13:23 PM
STonk has suggested that I might travel to Chicago next year to take in a couple of Cubs' games - and who knows, maybe even drink a glass of beer or two.  I initially resisted, of course, but she twisted my arm and I've finally - reluctantly - agreed to go, as much to keep her happy as anything.

So, who's around then for baseball and/or beer?  And is there any danger of getting a rooftop game organised during that period, do you reckon?

You know where and how to find me.  I'm just going to go ahead and assume we'll be hitting up the same Mexican joint and the same blues club.  Maybe even get a bigger group this time?

Bigger and taller.

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2010, 12:44:10 PM »
Quote from: Brownie on October 29, 2010, 12:38:12 PM

Bigger and taller.

Thanks, TJ Forph.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2010, 12:45:39 PM »
Quote from: Brownie on October 29, 2010, 12:38:12 PM

Bigger and taller.

Harder, better, faster, stronger.
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

Tinker to Evers to Chance

• F@#$in' New Guy
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2010, 12:46:35 PM »
I've stayed away from Chicago the last couple of years because the Cubs have been so awful, they weren't worth the trip.

With the way things are looking next season, a Tonker/*IAN trip will probably be the only reason to go.
Validated by Thrillho - Vicinity WG543441 on or about 102345AUG08

I don't get this KurtEvans photoshop at all.

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2010, 12:48:38 PM »

That sounds like a fantastic idea.  Perhaps we could cut down a little on the trannies this time?
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2010, 01:01:44 PM »
Quote from: Tonker on October 29, 2010, 12:48:38 PM

That sounds like a fantastic idea.  Perhaps we could cut down a little on the trannies this time?

Cutn down on them?  Only if you think they were too much fun last time, Capt Buzzkill.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2010, 01:14:14 PM »
I'll be around.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Richard Chuggar

• TJG is back!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2010, 01:34:26 PM »
Quote from: Yeti on October 29, 2010, 12:01:29 PM

BO. NER. IAN had mentioned doing a trip north around this time.. Double whammy? I'm sure I'd be the only one excited for that.

June 3rd is my birthday.  I"m just saying there will probably be a party that none of you will come to, but there will be one
Because when you're fighting for your man, experience is a mutha'.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2010, 01:54:18 PM »
Quote from: Richard Chuggar on October 29, 2010, 01:34:26 PM
Quote from: Yeti on October 29, 2010, 12:01:29 PM

June 3rd is my birthday.  I"m just saying there will probably be a party that none of you will come to, but there will be one

Ahem

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2010, 02:01:55 PM »
TEC/Tonk/IAN in the same city at once?  I don't know if Chicago can handle it.
IAN/YETI 2012!  "IT MEANS WHAT WE SAY IT MEANS!"

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2010, 02:26:01 PM »
Quote from: Powdered Toast Man on October 29, 2010, 02:01:55 PM

I think it'll be OK.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2010, 02:33:58 PM »
Quote from: Eli on October 29, 2010, 02:26:01 PM
Quote from: Powdered Toast Man on October 29, 2010, 02:01:55 PM

I think it'll be OK.

Well, I'll be there, too. That adds a lot of weight.