News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Italian Beef  ( 9,629 )

thehawk

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Italian Beef
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2011, 10:02:37 AM »
http://www.skilletdoux.com/2006/12/the_year_in_bee.html

Al's opened recently in the East Loop as well (Jackson and Wabash).  DMBLunch?
Andre Dawson paid his $1,000 fine for the Joe West incident with style. Dawson wrote ``Donation for the blind`` in the memo section of his personal check.

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2011, 10:09:23 AM »
Quote from: thehawk on March 02, 2011, 10:02:37 AM

Al's opened recently in the East Loop as well (Jackson and Wabash).  DMBLunch?

You guys have a Dave Matthews Band group that meets for lunch now? Don't forget your lunchglasses!

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2011, 10:22:51 AM »
Quote from: BH on March 02, 2011, 10:09:23 AM

Al's opened recently in the East Loop as well (Jackson and Wabash).  DMBLunch?

You guys have a Dave Matthews Band group that meets for lunch now? Don't forget your lunchglasses!

If you concentrate you can feel BH's asshurtedness at being marooned in Brolumbus...we should have a ShoutLunch just to spite him.

Quote from: Fork on March 02, 2011, 07:35:50 AM
Quote from: PANK! on March 01, 2011, 04:30:49 PM
Was actually kind of surprised to learn that this parochial food item doesn't have its own thread.  

I was just merely intending to point out that Al's is opening up a restaurant by Wrigley (Clark/Newport/Sheffield).; however, since I've found myself with the duty of starting this thread, allow me to throw it out there--what is the best beef in Chicago?  Portillo's?  Al's?  Mr. Beef?  Roma?  

My vote is Al's, but Portillo's consistency from restaurant-to-restaurant is better....

The Al'sin Evanston went tits-up. Thanks for holding up your end, meatball.

Hey I went there once.  It was okay.  Al's, for some weird reason in my experience, doesn't always carry the same quality from location to location.  The one on Touhy in Niles is also meh. Lou Malnati's is the same way.

Portillo's on the other hand, has got it knocked, no matter which one you go to.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

PenPho

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2011, 11:01:08 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on March 02, 2011, 10:22:51 AM
Quote from: BH on March 02, 2011, 10:09:23 AM

Al's opened recently in the East Loop as well (Jackson and Wabash).  DMBLunch?

If you concentrate you can feel BH's asshurtedness at being marooned in Brolumbus...we should have a ShoutLunch just to spite him.

Quote from: Fork on March 02, 2011, 07:35:50 AM
Was actually kind of surprised to learn that this parochial food item doesn't have its own thread.  

I was just merely intending to point out that Al's is opening up a restaurant by Wrigley (Clark/Newport/Sheffield).; however, since I've found myself with the duty of starting this thread, allow me to throw it out there--what is the best beef in Chicago?  Portillo's?  Al's?  Mr. Beef?  Roma?  

My vote is Al's, but Portillo's consistency from restaurant-to-restaurant is better....

The Al'sin Evanston went tits-up. Thanks for holding up your end, meatball.

Hey I went there once.  It was okay.  Al's, for some weird reason in my experience, doesn't always carry the same quality from location to location.  The one on Touhy in Niles is also meh. Lou Malnati's is the same way.

Portillo's on the other hand, has got it knocked, no matter which one you go to.

There's an Al's in Scottsdale now, too.

Went once, pretty excellent - can confidently say it's the best beef in Arizona.
"I use exit numbers because they tell me how many miles are left since they're based off of the molested"

Tony

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2011, 11:11:47 AM »

I swear there was one. Did it get Ratto'd?

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2011, 11:17:34 AM »
Quote from: Tony on March 02, 2011, 11:11:47 AM

It did. There was a discussion of Mr. Beef there.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2011, 11:22:37 AM »
Quote from: Fork on March 02, 2011, 11:17:34 AM
Quote from: Tony on March 02, 2011, 11:11:47 AM

It did. There was a discussion of Mr. Beef there.

That the beef thread didn't survive the jaws of Mr. Ratto is the least surprising something something since I ruined a thread with a rap video that you guys didn't like.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2017, 09:10:15 AM »
Bump for the solid Buona Beef sold for $8.25 at Wrigley Field. Best food option this side of the Nacho Helmet.

Unless you're in the Bleachers, in which case you've still got Hot Doug's. And getting into the Bleachers from Huey's seats is very easy, the tunnel from the new bullpen seats leads to the Bleacher concourse behind where the people checking tickets are set up.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2017, 11:16:38 AM »
Quote from: Quality Start Machine on May 09, 2017, 09:10:15 AM
Bump for the solid Buona Beef sold for $8.25 at Wrigley Field. Best food option this side of the Nacho Helmet.

Unless you're in the Bleachers, in which case you've still got Hot Doug's. And getting into the Bleachers from Huey's seats is very easy, the tunnel from the new bullpen seats leads to the Bleacher concourse behind where the people checking tickets are set up.

Wait, what?  I always thought entry to the Bleachers from the grandstand was prohibited (but not vice-versa).
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #24 on: May 09, 2017, 11:53:32 AM »
Quote from: Cannonball Titcomb on May 09, 2017, 11:16:38 AM
Quote from: Quality Start Machine on May 09, 2017, 09:10:15 AM

Wait, what?  I always thought entry to the Bleachers from the grandstand was prohibited (but not vice-versa).

Yeah, but the new tunnel from the bullpen (in front of the 100 level) puts you down in teh concourse behind where they're checking tickets. You can ease right over.

Which I'd recommend, if only to see the cool display cases they have set up there.
TIME TO POST!