News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Totally Unreadable  ( 194,894 )

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Totally Unreadable
« Reply #1500 on: November 17, 2016, 02:12:52 PM »
Quote from: SKO on November 17, 2016, 08:03:58 AM
Who wants to buy me this: https://www.amazon.com/Season-Ages-Chicago-Brought-Championship/dp/1683581156/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1479390786&sr=8-7&keywords=2016+Cubs+books ?

I wonder if Al will spend any part of the book detailing how steadfastly against the rebuild he was. It's very clear from the description ("Told by Al Yellon, managing editor of SB Nation's Bleed Cubbie Blue, A Season to Remember chronicles not only the 2016 Cubs' rise to the top of the baseball heap, but the team's—and the fans'—long journey to get there.") that the book will most definitely be about Al's long and tortured life as a Cub fan and what this truly means to him.

This Is More Mine Than Yours: How the Chicago Cubs Finally Won One for Al (A Memoir)

Hard pass.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1501 on: December 22, 2016, 02:53:42 AM »
I wish BN would stop trying to make Baseball Is Fun happen. I didn't care until that clickbait stuff started getting crossposted to BN, Kinja-style, presumably because no one is visiting BIF. Someone should tell them Cut 4 exists so there's no reason to keep trying to make their own not-as-good version.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1502 on: January 05, 2017, 12:00:42 PM »
Quote from: Saul Goodman on December 22, 2016, 02:53:42 AM
I wish BN would stop trying to make Baseball Is Fun happen. I didn't care until that clickbait stuff started getting crossposted to BN, Kinja-style, presumably because no one is visiting BIF. Someone should tell them Cut 4 exists so there's no reason to keep trying to make their own not-as-good version.

I still think you are way too preoccupied with Brett, but I came here to say that I'm pretty much with you on this one.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1503 on: January 05, 2017, 01:02:29 PM »

Given that BN is Brett's main source of income, there's a very good reason for him to try to do this.

That said, I think he'd be better off spending the time and resources elsewhere.

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1504 on: January 05, 2017, 02:54:20 PM »
You know what's totally unreadable? The 2017 Deadpool picks post. Because it doesn't exist yet.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1505 on: January 05, 2017, 04:23:05 PM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on January 05, 2017, 01:02:29 PM

Given that BN is Brett's main source of income, there's a very good reason for him to try to do this.

That said, I think he'd be better off spending the time and resources elsewhere.

I totally get it, too. It's his livelihood so I can't begrudge him for trying. But he's been retweeting @flippingbats more and more lately and if I wanted to see it, I'd just follow the actual account.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1506 on: January 06, 2017, 06:37:03 PM »
Quote from: Eli on January 05, 2017, 04:23:05 PM

I totally get it, too. It's his livelihood so I can't begrudge him for trying. But he's been retweeting @flippingbats more and more lately and if I wanted to see it, I'd just follow the actual account.

I didn't even know that was him. Educational.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1507 on: January 06, 2017, 11:39:10 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on January 06, 2017, 06:37:03 PM
Quote from: Eli on January 05, 2017, 04:23:05 PM

I didn't even know that was him. Educational.

Now you know that baseball is fun.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1508 on: February 06, 2017, 04:14:10 PM »
I bought the Athlon Sports baseball preview, unaware that Trueblood apparently writes for them. He had one article about players changing their swings to hit more home runs that was fine, but then there was an article in which he wrote about "the perfect MLB lineup" and I guess in his world Stephen Piscotty is the Platonic Ideal of a 5 Hitter and Right Fielder. I have no idea why he's so fucking obsessed with Cardinals Matt Murton but Jesus Christ. The guy had an .800 OPS last year.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1509 on: February 06, 2017, 04:23:55 PM »
Quote from: SKO on February 06, 2017, 04:14:10 PM
I bought the Athlon Sports baseball preview, unaware that Trueblood apparently writes for them. He had one article about players changing their swings to hit more home runs that was fine, but then there was an article in which he wrote about "the perfect MLB lineup" and I guess in his world Stephen Piscotty is the Platonic Ideal of a 5 Hitter and Right Fielder. I have no idea why he's so fucking obsessed with Cardinals Matt Murton but Jesus Christ. The guy had an .800 OPS last year.

Well, that is the best OPS.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1510 on: February 24, 2017, 12:57:31 AM »
I disagree with almost all of these baseball opinions, especially the idea that the Cubs had essentially the same offseason as a team that gave a decent-hitting center fielder $70 million guaranteed to play first base where his value is the lowest on the diamond.

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1511 on: February 24, 2017, 02:20:36 AM »
Quote from: Saul Goodman on February 24, 2017, 12:57:31 AM
I disagree with almost all of these baseball opinions, especially the idea that the Cubs had essentially the same offseason as a team that gave a decent-hitting center fielder $70 million guaranteed to play first base where his value is the lowest on the diamond.

The idea that bringing back Mark Trumbo (WAR over the last three years: 2.1) and adding BEEFCASTLE (5.3) gets you an A- destroys any credibility this article might have had.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1512 on: February 24, 2017, 08:09:50 AM »
Quote from: Saul Goodman on February 24, 2017, 12:57:31 AM

Why am I reading this article?

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1513 on: February 24, 2017, 12:34:57 PM »
Why does it matter that the Cubs won in 10 innings?

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1514 on: February 24, 2017, 02:37:15 PM »
Quote from: Brownie on February 24, 2017, 12:34:57 PM
Why does it matter that the Cubs won in 10 innings?

It gives them a goal for this year: win the World Series without going to extra innings in Game 7.

Hell, shoot for the moon and win it in 6 games!