News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Totally Unreadable  ( 194,991 )

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Totally Unreadable
« Reply #1515 on: February 24, 2017, 02:41:09 PM »
Quote from: Oleg on February 24, 2017, 08:09:50 AM
Quote from: Saul Goodman on February 24, 2017, 12:57:31 AM
I disagree with almost all of these baseball opinions, especially the idea that the Cubs had essentially the same offseason as a team that gave a decent-hitting center fielder $70 million guaranteed to play first base where his value is the lowest on the diamond.

Why am I reading this article?

Something to do between bong hits?
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1516 on: February 24, 2017, 02:51:13 PM »
Quote from: CT III on February 24, 2017, 02:37:15 PM
Quote from: Brownie on February 24, 2017, 12:34:57 PM
Why does it matter that the Cubs won in 10 innings?

It gives them a goal for this year: win the World Series without going to extra innings in Game 7.

Hell, shoot for the moon and win it in 6 games!

Jon Heyman won't be impressed until the Cubs win it in three.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1517 on: February 24, 2017, 03:09:51 PM »
Quote from: Quality Start Machine on February 24, 2017, 02:41:09 PM
Quote from: Oleg on February 24, 2017, 08:09:50 AM
Quote from: Saul Goodman on February 24, 2017, 12:57:31 AM
I disagree with almost all of these baseball opinions, especially the idea that the Cubs had essentially the same offseason as a team that gave a decent-hitting center fielder $70 million guaranteed to play first base where his value is the lowest on the diamond.

Why am I reading this article?

Something to do between bong hits?

I think that would depress Oleg. "Damn, Jon Heyman has much better shit than what I've got."

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1518 on: February 28, 2017, 10:40:49 PM »
Hey Stew, get a load of this dimwit San Diego Law grad who apparently skipped Civ Pro, Con Law, Torts, really all the classes, honestly. Do they just let anyone with a pulse into law school these days? Kids, am I right? What's this profession coming to? Etc., etc.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1519 on: March 30, 2017, 11:26:17 PM »

Next week on BIF: "Who Knew? Turns Out Mark Grace Really Liked to Drink"

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1520 on: March 31, 2017, 02:05:27 PM »
Quote from: Saul Goodman on February 28, 2017, 10:40:49 PM
Hey Stew, get a load of this dimwit San Diego Law grad who apparently skipped Civ Pro, Con Law, Torts, really all the classes, honestly. Do they just let anyone with a pulse into law school these days? Kids, am I right? What's this profession coming to? Etc., etc.
If the University of San Diego Law School gave her a law degree it deserves to be sued for fraud.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

CBStew

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1521 on: March 31, 2017, 02:08:34 PM »
Quote from: CBStew on March 31, 2017, 02:05:27 PM
If the University of San Diego Law School gave her a law degree it deserves to be sued for fraud.

I looked her up on the State Bar website.  She hasn't passed the Bar exam.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1522 on: March 31, 2017, 04:40:25 PM »
Quote from: CBStew on March 31, 2017, 02:08:34 PM

Female Gil

Shooter

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1523 on: March 31, 2017, 07:05:00 PM »
Quote from: CBStew on March 31, 2017, 02:08:34 PM

She should run for governor. She and Villaraigosa can compare notes on flunking the bar exam.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1524 on: April 26, 2017, 12:12:19 PM »
Plenty of people are bashing it on twitter but god what disingenuous crap: http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/columnists/ct-royals-cautionary-tale-cubs-sullivan-spt-0426-20170425-column.html

Let's ignore the simple fact that Sullivan can't find ANYTHING to write about a title-defending team off to a 97 win start and had to go digging for a weak parallel with a negative slant, this entire article acts like money is not a thing that exists and makes a massive difference between perpetual contenders and teams in cycles. The Cubs won't be the Royals because they can pay to supplement their core whenever they need to, the Royals can't. The better comp for KC is the Pirates, a team that had Jake Arrieta shit all over their window and might now wait years for it to come again. The Cubs comp is, I dunno, the other team built by Theo Epstein and backed by massive wads of fat cash that's won 3 titles in a decade and contends almost every year?
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

CBStew

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1525 on: April 26, 2017, 12:37:34 PM »
Quote from: SKO on April 26, 2017, 12:12:19 PM
Plenty of people are bashing it on twitter but god what disingenuous crap: http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/columnists/ct-royals-cautionary-tale-cubs-sullivan-spt-0426-20170425-column.html

Let's ignore the simple fact that Sullivan can't find ANYTHING to write about a title-defending team off to a 97 win start and had to go digging for a weak parallel with a negative slant, this entire article acts like money is not a thing that exists and makes a massive difference between perpetual contenders and teams in cycles. The Cubs won't be the Royals because they can pay to supplement their core whenever they need to, the Royals can't. The better comp for KC is the Pirates, a team that had Jake Arrieta shit all over their window and might now wait years for it to come again. The Cubs comp is, I dunno, the other team built by Theo Epstein and backed by massive wads of fat cash that's won 3 titles in a decade and contends almost every year?
The Royals were 7 and 12 when Sullivan wrote that article.  Not very good, but outstanding when compared with the  zero for 21 1988 Orioles.

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1526 on: April 27, 2017, 02:47:19 PM »
Quote from: SKO on April 26, 2017, 12:12:19 PM
this entire article acts like money is not a thing that exists

This is the wrong place for attempted ontology.
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1527 on: May 29, 2018, 10:33:04 AM »
Phil Rogers is back on the pages of the Tribune]pages of the Tribune as a stringer, and he has not used his time off to polish his writing skills.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1528 on: May 29, 2018, 11:03:59 AM »

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1529 on: May 29, 2018, 11:43:50 AM »
Quote from: Saul Goodman on May 29, 2018, 11:03:59 AM
Quote from: Brownie on May 29, 2018, 10:33:04 AM
Phil Rogers is back on the pages of the Tribune]=http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/cubs/ct-spt-cubs-giants-20180527-story.html]pages of the Tribune as a stringer, and he has not used his time off to polish his writing skills.

Nice links.

Anyway, did MLB.com let him go?

Sort of why the Cubs never signed me. I am bad at hitting, running, fielding, throwing, and pitching. Phil is reportedly bad at writing, reporting, and analysis.