News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Game of Thrones  ( 46,124 )

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Game of Thrones
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2011, 01:12:50 PM »
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2011, 10:20:14 PM »
Quote from: Fork on June 06, 2011, 01:12:50 PM
Quote from: Internet Apex on May 24, 2011, 09:02:14 AM
Also: Boobs.

and midgets.

That midget is the star of the show, pal.

"How wouldl the half-man like to die?"

"In my own bed, at the age of 80, with a bellyful of wine and a girl's mouth around my cock."

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2011, 08:37:22 AM »
DPD. Ned's dead, baby. Holy shitballs. Is no one else watching this?

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2011, 09:23:33 AM »

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2011, 09:50:55 AM »
Quote from: R-V on June 14, 2011, 09:23:33 AM
TPD. Apex reacts to the beNedding.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owf6D2vfZqM&feature=youtu.be

How the fuck you have a main character you kill off in the first fuckin' book? I don't play that shit. Fuck the blonde man.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2011, 10:02:33 AM »
This show has been excellent. I've read GoT throughout the season and just finished it Sunday. I'm aready balls deep in the second book Clash of Kings. A lot of shows or films based on books don't really match up well. But this one is extremely well cast and shot. Loving every second of it. I've seen every episode twice!

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2011, 10:39:56 AM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on June 14, 2011, 10:02:33 AM
This show has been excellent. I've read GoT throughout the season and just finished it Sunday. I'm aready balls deep in the second book Clash of Kings. A lot of shows or films based on books don't really match up well. But this one is extremely well cast and shot. Loving every second of it. I've seen every episode twice!

I'm definitely going to read the books but methinks I'll hold off until the series is over. I'd like to be nonspoiled so I can yell "HOLY SHIT!" when things like Ned being relieved of his head happen.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2011, 10:47:18 AM »
Quote from: R-V on June 14, 2011, 10:39:56 AM
Quote from: Internet Apex on June 14, 2011, 10:02:33 AM

I'm definitely going to read the books but methinks I'll hold off until the series is over. I'd like to be nonspoiled so I can yell "HOLY SHIT!" when things like Ned being relieved of his head happen.

I read it in the book the morning before the episode and I felt kind of sad and upset. Mostly because the scene in the book is told completely from poor Arya's perspective. The commotion and chaos of that scene were perfectly executed on the show, I thought. But the ANGER and the asshurt the dude in the YouTube video expressed was really different than what I experienced reading the book. Because Martin makes the reader feel what Arya is feeling as a child witnessing her own father's execution. Let alone her confusion at hearing Ned's "confession" and seeing her lackwit sister standing next to the queen grinning. And the dude Yoren, recruiter for the Night's Watch that snatches Arya up is not a comforting presence, and is in fact terrifying. I wasn't exactly sure what his motives were because he and Ned don't get to exchange words prior to the beheading.

I'll tell you what though. I neglected to read ANY of the chapters on Danaerys so I could have something to be non-spoiled about and yell "HOLY SHIT" at the TV. But I don't have to deal with cliffhangers. That's my motive.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #23 on: June 20, 2011, 08:47:07 AM »
So did season 1 end at the same place book 1 ended? If so I might give it a read.

If one of those dragons doesn't gnaw off Joffrey's nuts next season I will be disappointed.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #24 on: June 20, 2011, 10:19:34 AM »
Quote from: R-V on June 20, 2011, 08:47:07 AM
So did season 1 end at the same place book 1 ended? If so I might give it a read.

If one of those dragons doesn't gnaw off Joffrey's nuts next season I will be disappointed.

There were a couple of scenes from "Clash of Kings" thrown into the finale. And there were a couple of scenes in the show that weren't in either book as far as I know. The scenes with Tyrion and Shae are much more in-depth on the show than in the book. The TV version of Shae is very different. Smarter, older, more assertive, foreign.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #25 on: June 20, 2011, 11:26:03 AM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on June 20, 2011, 10:19:34 AM

There were a couple of scenes from "Clash of Kings" thrown into the finale. And there were a couple of scenes in the show that weren't in either book as far as I know. The scenes with Tyrion and Shae are much more in-depth on the show than in the book. The TV version of Shae is very different. Smarter, older, more assertive, foreign.

Nice. This reminded me of my favorite line from last night:

"Do you lie awake at night fearing my gash?"

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #26 on: June 20, 2011, 11:55:51 AM »
I do, too, CT

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #27 on: June 20, 2011, 11:58:13 AM »
Quote from: R-V on June 20, 2011, 11:26:03 AM
Quote from: Internet Apex on June 20, 2011, 10:19:34 AM

Nice. This reminded me of my favorite line from last night:

"Do you lie awake at night fearing my gash?"

The first 100 pages of Clash of Kings includes some amazing Tyrion activity. I won't spoil much, but when the half-man tells his cunt of a sister how it T-I-is, I had to put the book down and revel in it for a moment. Enjoy.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #29 on: June 27, 2011, 09:38:28 AM »
I stayed up until 4 watching the entirety of the first season today. Holy f'n ballsacks.

I would echo everything everyone said already and add my own bits:

Queen Brotherfucker looks like she's trying squeeze out a fart all the time. She has one face - the fart face. I was hoping the last episode would just be 45 minutes of her finally experiencing the relief that only a good bit of flatulence can bring. I would also like to see her naked a few more times.

Joffrey is an epic fagatard. Could they have cast a better person to play the incest love child of two smarmy fucks like the Lannister Twins? His face looks like he might have spent 10 or 11 months in gestation instead of the requisite 9. Killing Ned was about the dumbest fucking thing anyone could have done for a billion reasons and I'm glad he did it. His death is going to be glorious. I was thinking Sansa was going to just leap to her own death when she looked down after having been forced to view her own father's head on a spike but she went for the kill. I liked the moxie but it doesn't make up for her being a spoiled shit up until then.

I was sad to see Khal Drogo die. That dude was manlier than ten Dick Butkii.

Dany is a psycho and now she has dragons. DRAGONS! I was waiting for dragons and I got them. Glorious. Her brother's death was the best thing ever on tv, death wise. That was as creative a death as I've ever heard of.

I just about like all of the Starks. It's funny how the fair-haired Lannisters are mostly evil pricks, even the Imp is a slimy scumbag who somehow ends up still likeable, whereas the dark-haired Starks are all about honor and family. No incest in the Stark family while the Lannisters apparently can't get their juices flowing unless they share the same last name. Usually the light = good and the dark = bad in traditional storytelling. Just found that interesting.

Oh yeah - Lady Stark's sister and her little dipshit son are the worst. I hope they get overrun by those scumbags to whom Tyrion promised the Vale. I expect to see them get theirs in the end, creepy fucks.