News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Totally Unwatchable  ( 27,389 )

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Totally Unwatchable
« Reply #30 on: July 08, 2013, 08:55:56 PM »
Quote from: CT III on July 08, 2013, 08:52:18 PM
Quote from: flannj on July 08, 2013, 08:47:53 PM

Of course the only HD feed for tonights game is the Sox broadcast and all the excellence that brings with it.
I guess we'll get out the rabbit ears.

You don't get The U's HD feed up in Duffman Estates?

The U's "HD" feed just means a 3 digit number as opposed to channel 6.

It looks like it was shot with a camera made from a potaoto.
"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #31 on: July 08, 2013, 09:05:16 PM »
Of course the only HD feed for tonights game is the Sox broadcast and all the excellence that brings with it.

Two TVs? Sox feed on mute, Cubs feed fed through your crazy suburban home theater sound system?
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #32 on: July 08, 2013, 09:05:58 PM »
Quote from: flannj on July 08, 2013, 08:55:56 PM

Since you're watching the Cubes and the Sox, I fail to see what the issue is.

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #33 on: July 08, 2013, 09:14:42 PM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on July 08, 2013, 09:05:16 PM

Two TVs? Sox feed on mute, Cubs feed fed through your crazy suburban home theater sound system?

I can't help it even if I put it on mute I know they are still talking.
It has to do damage to the equipment.
"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #34 on: July 08, 2013, 09:16:42 PM »
Quote from: CT III on July 08, 2013, 09:05:58 PM

DPD.

Do the Cubes play on a diamond?

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #35 on: July 09, 2013, 09:19:35 AM »
Quote from: flannj on July 08, 2013, 09:16:42 PM

DPD.

I watched about 5 minutes of Hawk & Stone before I rememberized the U was an option. Those two smug fuckpuddles were, impossibly, even worse than I recalled. In the span of that 5 minutes they literally SCOFFED at the notion that the Cubs were trying to teach some plate discipline/pitch recognition to Castro. Stone then listed Castro's hits by year as a big leaguer as if he were making some profound and subtle point about what good that nerd-learnin had done for Starlin. Finally, Hawk ACTUALLY SAID (paraphrasing here) the Cubs should know better than to try to teach patience to a Latin player.

Those Latins are like wild animals, I tells ya!

When this generation of mindless baseball cretins dies off, who's going to replace them so we still have something to bitch about?

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #36 on: July 09, 2013, 09:37:59 AM »
Quote from: R-V on July 09, 2013, 09:19:35 AM

DPD.

I watched about 5 minutes of Hawk & Stone before I rememberized the U was an option. Those two smug fuckpuddles were, impossibly, even worse than I recalled. In the span of that 5 minutes they literally SCOFFED at the notion that the Cubs were trying to teach some plate discipline/pitch recognition to Castro. Stone then listed Castro's hits by year as a big leaguer as if he were making some profound and subtle point about what good that nerd-learnin had done for Starlin. Finally, Hawk ACTUALLY SAID (paraphrasing here) the Cubs should know better than to try to teach patience to a Latin player.

When this generation of mindless baseball cretins dies off, who's going to replace them so we still have something to bitch about?

We'll probably move on to the hysterical Fro Dogs and smug Yetis that will rise up to take their place.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #37 on: July 09, 2013, 12:47:48 PM »

DPD.

Did anyone switch back during the five-run inning to hear how silent Hawk must have been?
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #38 on: July 09, 2013, 02:32:48 PM »
Quote from: Sterling Archer on July 09, 2013, 12:47:48 PM

DPD.

Did anyone switch back during the five-run inning to hear how silent Hawk must have been?

You can't hear silence, man.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #39 on: July 09, 2013, 02:51:00 PM »
Quote from: R-V on July 09, 2013, 02:32:48 PM
Quote from: Sterling Archer on July 09, 2013, 12:47:48 PM

DPD.

You can't hear silence, man.

I can, because I'm not a penniless hippie.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #40 on: July 11, 2013, 10:39:01 AM »
This could probably go in Unlistenable and Unreadable as well, but what's important is fuck Jim Belushi and ESPN.

Wrigley Field tradition of singing classic Take Me Out to the Ball Game inspires a feature narrated by actor Jim Belushi

"We liked Jim for the voice because he wasn't just some Hollywood guy, he is as big a Cubs fan as there is and truly represents the voice of Cubs fans," O'Connor said of the actor/comedian. "I asked Jim if he was interested in serving as the voice of the piece, rather than being interviewed for it, and he was in.

Fuck this so hard.

I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #41 on: July 11, 2013, 10:47:24 AM »
Quote from: PenFoe on July 11, 2013, 10:39:01 AM
This could probably go in Unlistenable and Unreadable as well, but what's important is fuck Jim Belushi and ESPN.

Wrigley Field tradition of singing classic Take Me Out to the Ball Game inspires a feature narrated by actor Jim Belushi

"We liked Jim for the voice because he wasn't just some Hollywood guy, he is as big a Cubs fan as there is and truly represents the voice of Cubs fans," O'Connor said of the actor/comedian. "I asked Jim if he was interested in serving as the voice of the piece, rather than being interviewed for it, and he was in.

Fuck this so hard.

I can't tell which concept I hate more: Yellon as the voice of the Cub fan or Belushi as the voice of the Cub fan.
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #42 on: July 11, 2013, 10:49:18 AM »
Quote from: Gilgamesh on July 11, 2013, 10:47:24 AM

Fuck this so hard.

I can't tell which concept I hate more: Yellon as the voice of the Cub fan or Belushi as the voice of the Cub fan.

Maybe we can lure them both to Bort's FIREBARN.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #43 on: July 11, 2013, 10:59:23 AM »
Quote from: Fork on July 11, 2013, 10:49:18 AM

Fuck this so hard.

Al bait: millions and millions of clipboards, all with multiple baseball scorecards ready to be filled out.  (Extra bonus: 90's era male earrings or studs)

Belushi bait: Deep dish pizza?  A chance to erase the collective memory of his infinitely more talented brother so as to claim the mantle of top Belushi?
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #44 on: July 11, 2013, 11:11:07 AM »
Quote from: Gilgamesh on July 11, 2013, 10:59:23 AM
Quote from: Fork on July 11, 2013, 10:49:18 AM

Fuck this so hard.

Al bait: millions and millions of clipboards, all with multiple baseball scorecards ready to be filled out.  (Extra bonus: 90's era male earrings or studs)

Belushi bait: Deep dish pizza?  A chance to erase the collective memory of his infinitely more talented brother so as to claim the mantle of top Belushi?

Is there room for Tom Dreesen?
Dreesen bait: Virgin strawberry daiquiris.