News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The Incredibly Unlikely Darwin Barney Splooge Thread  ( 6,399 )

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
The Incredibly Unlikely Darwin Barney Splooge Thread
« on: April 25, 2011, 07:19:45 PM »
Might as well enjoy it while we can. Splooge for his 2 run homer in the first inning.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: The Incredibly Unlikely Darwin Barney Splooge Thread
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2011, 11:01:15 PM »
Quote from: SKO on April 25, 2011, 07:19:45 PM
Might as well enjoy it while we can. Splooge for his 2 run homer in the first inning.

I enjoyed it for about 2 minutes until my FF button caught up with the (insert shitty Illinois basketball player)ian performance by my guy Starlin. D'angelo Hall just called a radio station somewhere and called Starlin a clown. But D'angelo Hall is still a tard.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2011, 08:40:40 AM »
I refuse to splooge for Asian Theriot.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2011, 08:57:13 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on April 26, 2011, 08:40:40 AM

Thank you. I was just telling this to my stepdad on Sunday, and I said those exact words

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2011, 09:11:48 AM »
Quote from: Yeti on April 26, 2011, 08:57:13 AM
Quote from: Slaky on April 26, 2011, 08:40:40 AM

Thank you. I was just telling this to my stepdad on Sunday, and I said those exact words

I just read Andy Dolan's excellent post comparing Barney and Theriot and while I'm not even semi-hard for Barney, I do not hate him enough to label him an Asian Theriot. Yet.

Tony

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2011, 10:10:08 AM »
I wouldn't have hated Theriot as much if stupid people didn't love him so much. There's no way the same stupid people fall in love with an Asian version is there? As long as he doesn't become a scrappy folk hero I can stay indifferent, which ain't that bad really.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2011, 10:13:37 AM »
Quote from: Tony on April 26, 2011, 10:10:08 AM
I wouldn't have hated Theriot as much if stupid people didn't love him so much. There's no way the same stupid people fall in love with an Asian version is there? As long as he doesn't become a scrappy folk hero I can stay indifferent, which ain't that bad really.

I said the same thing last night. He's a middling player. I have no reason to hate middling players until idiots decide a team full of middling players is better than a team of excellent players.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Tony

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2011, 10:15:07 AM »
Quote from: Bort on April 26, 2011, 10:13:37 AM

I said the same thing last night. He's a middling player. I have no reason to hate middling players until idiots decide a team full of middling players is better than a team of excellent players.

Unfortunately, our fellow Cubbie fans are mostly idiots.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2011, 10:16:15 AM »
Quote from: Tony on April 26, 2011, 10:15:07 AM

Hence my hatred of pretty much every scrappy gritball the Cubs have signed in the last decade.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

PenPho

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2011, 11:38:30 AM »
Quote from: Bort on April 26, 2011, 10:16:15 AM

Hence my hatred of pretty much every scrappy gritball the Cubs have signed in the last decade.

This will all come together once we have the 40-Barney roster.
"I use exit numbers because they tell me how many miles are left since they're based off of the molested"

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2011, 11:39:33 AM »
Quote from: PenPho on April 26, 2011, 11:38:30 AM

Can the Cubs afford 40 purple, plush costumes?
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2011, 11:42:20 AM »
Quote from: Gilgamesh on April 26, 2011, 11:39:33 AM
Quote from: PenPho on April 26, 2011, 11:38:30 AM

Can the Cubs afford 40 purple, plush costumes?

Quiet. You will bring Andy Stern out of retirement.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2011, 11:44:28 AM »

Cub fans everywhere went pretty much apeshit for Fukudome during his maiden April. Once it was discovered that he sucked they abandoned him en masse. Even though, at his corkscrewing worst, Fukudome is twice as useful as Theriot, there was a segment that either wouldn't or couldn't see that. Could have something to do with Fukudoe's contract but nah, probably racisim.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2011, 11:46:36 AM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on April 26, 2011, 11:44:28 AM

Cub fans everywhere went pretty much apeshit for Fukudome during his maiden April. Once it was discovered that he sucked they abandoned him en masse. Even though, at his corkscrewing worst, Fukudome is twice as useful as Theriot, there was a segment that either wouldn't or couldn't see that. Could have something to do with Fukudoe's contract but nah, probably racisim.

Which is almost as bad as racism.

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2011, 11:50:19 AM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on April 26, 2011, 11:44:28 AM

Idito. The difference between Fukodume and Theriot was that Theriot was a HOME GROWN KUBBEE TALENT. You boo free agents when they flop, you don't boo a guy who was taught for years what it's like to be a cub, wearing cubbie blue, learning lessons from teh Cubs legends in spring training. A guy who gets it. Theriot was a simple man, who had no expectations, then VOILA, he saved our butts time and time again. And he was ours from the start. All ours. Chief on that, dark skins.