News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Roast chicken  ( 2,528 )

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Roast chicken
« on: May 19, 2011, 04:46:34 PM »
A recipe from Slate Magazine:

Roast Chicken for Two

Step 1: Preheat your oven to 425˚F or, if you have ventilation, 450˚F, and use convection heat if it's available.

Step 2: Wash and pat dry a 3- to 4-pound chicken. Truss it if you know how, or stuff 2 lemon halves in its cavity. Season it aggressively with kosher or sea salt (it should have a nice crust of salt). Put it in a skillet and slide it into the hot oven.

Step 3: Have sex with your partner. (This can require planning, occasionally some conniving. But as cooks tend to be resourceful and seductive by nature, most find that it's not the most difficult part of the recipe.)

Step 4: Remove the chicken from the oven after it's cooked for 1 hour, allow it to rest for 15 minutes, and serve.

If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Roast chicken
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2011, 05:13:18 PM »
Or, just go to D'Candela in Irving Park.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/d-candela-chicago

Pollo a la Brasa. Delicious.

Powen knows what I'm talking about.
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2011, 05:27:05 PM »
Chacun a son gout.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2011, 01:26:36 AM »
Quote from: JuliaYou can always judge the quality of a cook or a restaurant by roast chicken. While it does not require years of training to produce a juicy, brown, buttery, crisp-skinned, heavenly bird, it does entail such a greed for perfection that one is under compulsion to hover over the bird, listen to it, above all see that it is continually basted, and that it is done just to the proper turn.

So, you know, stay in the kitchen if you insist on such distractions.
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2011, 07:53:15 AM »
Quote from: CBStew on May 19, 2011, 04:46:34 PM

Roast Chicken for Two

Step 1: Preheat your oven to 425˚F or, if you have ventilation, 450˚F, and use convection heat if it's available.

Step 2: Wash and pat dry a 3- to 4-pound chicken. Truss it if you know how, or stuff 2 lemon halves in its cavity. Season it aggressively with kosher or sea salt (it should have a nice crust of salt). Put it in a skillet and slide it into the hot oven.

Step 3: Have sex with your partner. (This can require planning, occasionally some conniving. But as cooks tend to be resourceful and seductive by nature, most find that it's not the most difficult part of the recipe.)

Step 4: Remove the chicken from the oven after it's cooked for 1 hour, allow it to rest for 15 minutes, and serve.

Or get one already roasted at Whole Foods and just jump ahead to Step 3.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2011, 12:24:56 PM »
Quote from: Fork on May 20, 2011, 07:53:15 AM
Quote from: CBStew on May 19, 2011, 04:46:34 PM

Roast Chicken for Two

Or get one already roasted at Whole Foods and just jump ahead to Step 3.

Something something spit-cooking something.
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!