News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: 2011 NCAA/BigTen Football Thread  ( 69,666 )

Waco Kid

• Fukakke Fan Club
Re: 2011 NCAA/BigTen Football Thread
« Reply #45 on: August 17, 2011, 10:09:15 AM »
Quote from: SKO on August 17, 2011, 09:51:03 AM
Quote from: Slaky on August 17, 2011, 09:39:59 AM
Quote from: Richard Chuggar on August 17, 2011, 09:05:46 AM
Quote from: Waco Kid on August 17, 2011, 08:58:33 AM
Quote from: SKO on August 17, 2011, 07:08:02 AM
Quote from: Richard Chuggar on August 17, 2011, 05:12:40 AM
Quote from: SKO on August 16, 2011, 08:18:02 PM
Miami is fucking screwed. The guy bought Devin Hester's engagement ring. Kellen Winslow, Jr. crashed the dude's jet ski. He spent a couple million (he has receipts and photos for everything) on illegal gifts to dozens of the university's best players over eight years. This is SMU-style shit. They may get the death penalty. At the very least they're going to make Ohio State and USC look like they got off easy.

Is this a surprise?  There are probably 50 other schools that do the exact same thing.  Who cares?

Yes, thanks for quoting Meatball College Football Fan Axiom #2, but the point is that they got caught with hard evidence worse than anything the NCAA has seen since SMU in 1987. If they get the "lack of institutional control" label thrown on them the whole program could be going up in smoke.

It maybe meatball, but it's true. USC was the worst, until Ohio State became the worst, and now Miami is the worst. This is not counting the Auburns, Oregons, North Carolinas, etc.

Not to mention Illinois.  You think that any of these "top recruit" gangsters want to come from Floriday to Bumblefuck, IL to play in the freezing cold and for a shitty team unless they got a bag full of cash that was larger than the bag full of cash offered by the other colleges?

Too true. Zook is the king of hookers and blow but since Illinois is still terrible no one cares enough to investigate. There's no legitimate reason for guys like Benn and Vontae to have played at Illinois. I've been to Champaign. It's ok for suburban white people who don't mind the smell of cow shit and just want to drink. For guys with actual athletic futures - why the fuck would you go to freezing/boiling hot, shit-stinking Champaign when you can go to any number of Southern/California schools where the hottest girl doesn't look like Yoko Ono.

The truly frustrating thing about Zook is that he's probably going to get fired at some point and people are eventually going to stumble on the obvious truth about where all of those recruits came from and the school is going to get slammed and we're all going to pissed because all we got for it was a shellacking in the Rose Bowl that one time.

Anyway, my original point, "Miami is screwed," still stands.

Are we already forgetting that said cheating gave us that dominant performance in last year's Texas Bowl?

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #46 on: August 17, 2011, 10:09:42 AM »
Quote from: Waco Kid on August 17, 2011, 10:09:15 AM
Miami is fucking screwed. The guy bought Devin Hester's engagement ring. Kellen Winslow, Jr. crashed the dude's jet ski. He spent a couple million (he has receipts and photos for everything) on illegal gifts to dozens of the university's best players over eight years. This is SMU-style shit. They may get the death penalty. At the very least they're going to make Ohio State and USC look like they got off easy.

Is this a surprise?  There are probably 50 other schools that do the exact same thing.  Who cares?

Yes, thanks for quoting Meatball College Football Fan Axiom #2, but the point is that they got caught with hard evidence worse than anything the NCAA has seen since SMU in 1987. If they get the "lack of institutional control" label thrown on them the whole program could be going up in smoke.

It maybe meatball, but it's true. USC was the worst, until Ohio State became the worst, and now Miami is the worst. This is not counting the Auburns, Oregons, North Carolinas, etc.

Not to mention Illinois.  You think that any of these "top recruit" gangsters want to come from Floriday to Bumblefuck, IL to play in the freezing cold and for a shitty team unless they got a bag full of cash that was larger than the bag full of cash offered by the other colleges?

Too true. Zook is the king of hookers and blow but since Illinois is still terrible no one cares enough to investigate. There's no legitimate reason for guys like Benn and Vontae to have played at Illinois. I've been to Champaign. It's ok for suburban white people who don't mind the smell of cow shit and just want to drink. For guys with actual athletic futures - why the fuck would you go to freezing/boiling hot, shit-stinking Champaign when you can go to any number of Southern/California schools where the hottest girl doesn't look like Yoko Ono.

The truly frustrating thing about Zook is that he's probably going to get fired at some point and people are eventually going to stumble on the obvious truth about where all of those recruits came from and the school is going to get slammed and we're all going to pissed because all we got for it was a shellacking in the Rose Bowl that one time.

Are we already forgetting that said cheating gave us that dominant performance in last year's Texas Bowl?

NATHAN SHITHOUSE!

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #47 on: August 17, 2011, 10:15:46 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on August 17, 2011, 10:09:42 AM

NATHAN SHITHOUSE!

I prefer Schitheel. I like the kid, though. He's like the black Chris Leak. Phil Steele's got 'em winning at least 8 games this year, which they should since they have eight home games and a manageable road slate. We'll see how this plays out.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #48 on: August 17, 2011, 10:18:57 AM »
Quote from: SKO on August 17, 2011, 10:15:46 AM

NATHAN SHITHOUSE!

I prefer Schitheel. I like the kid, though. He's like the black Chris Leak. Phil Steele's got 'em winning at least 8 games this year, which they should since they have eight home games and a manageable road slate. We'll see how this plays out.

Holy shit, really? Eight games? Wow.

I saw Liguet the other day playing for the Chargers - didn't they lose a ton of players on defense? Who am I supposed to keep an eye on? Help me out.

I'll hang up and wait for your response.

Waco Kid

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #49 on: August 17, 2011, 10:19:40 AM »

NATHAN SHITHOUSE!

They should be good this year, but given that this is Illinois football I wouldn't be surprised if they fell flat on their face.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #50 on: August 17, 2011, 10:25:24 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on August 17, 2011, 10:18:57 AM

NATHAN SHITHOUSE!

I saw Liguet the other day playing for the Chargers - didn't they lose a ton of players on defense? Who am I supposed to keep an eye on? Help me out.

Their linebackers should be good, secondary decent, and the defensive line is young, dumb, and full of something.

And it'll be nice to start off the year without a guaranteed loss to Missouri.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #51 on: August 17, 2011, 10:36:06 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on August 17, 2011, 10:18:57 AM

NATHAN SHITHOUSE!

The talent is definitely down a notch without LeShoure, Martez Wilson, and Corey Liuget, but the secondary is pretty deep, as is the defensive line. Jason Ford's been serviceable as LeShoure's #2 and has the big body that makes you think he could be the next bowling ball in the Mendenhall/Leshoure tradition. The prediction's based less on talent than it is on a soft schedule. As RV noted, the annual rapefest of the Missouri game is over with. But five straight winnable games at home to star the season (Arkansas State, South Dakota State, AZ State, Western Michigan, and NW) and then they draw scandal-depleted OSU at home, Michigan at home (should be funny to watch them try to convert a team that's been solely recruited for the spread option over the last three years into a two-back team. Why wouldn't you wreck Denard Robinson's value?) and then road games vs. Purdue, Indiana, and Minnesota. Should be at least 7-8 wins in there somewhere, barring the Zook Factor.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #52 on: August 17, 2011, 11:04:54 AM »
A State isn't a shoe-in victory. RED WOLVES!!!

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #53 on: August 17, 2011, 11:19:36 AM »
Quote from: Alrish Yeltin on August 17, 2011, 11:04:54 AM

All I said was winnable. They have to prove it against JD's boys.

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #54 on: August 17, 2011, 12:43:14 PM »
Quote from: SKO on August 17, 2011, 11:19:36 AM

Speaking of, I think I might attend that game.  Anyone else?
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #55 on: August 17, 2011, 01:14:52 PM »
Quote from: Gilgamesh on August 17, 2011, 12:43:14 PM

I'd be interested. What day?

Richard Chuggar

• TJG is back!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #56 on: August 17, 2011, 01:42:38 PM »
Quote from: Alrish Yeltin on August 17, 2011, 01:14:52 PM

Probably the day the game is being played.
Because when you're fighting for your man, experience is a mutha'.

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #57 on: August 17, 2011, 02:07:45 PM »
Quote from: Alrish Yeltin on August 17, 2011, 01:14:52 PM

Sept. 3.
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #58 on: September 11, 2011, 12:20:29 AM »
"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen

thehawk

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #59 on: September 11, 2011, 10:23:35 AM »
Quote from: flannj on September 11, 2011, 12:20:29 AM

Pretty entertaining 4th quarter though
Andre Dawson paid his $1,000 fine for the Joe West incident with style. Dawson wrote ``Donation for the blind`` in the memo section of his personal check.