News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: NBA LOCKOUT THREAD. BETTER THAN THE NFL ONE!  ( 11,763 )

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: NBA LOCKOUT THREAD. BETTER THAN THE NFL ONE!
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2011, 10:53:37 AM »
Quote from: Richard Chuggar on October 05, 2011, 10:18:54 AM
Quote from: Internet Apex on October 05, 2011, 09:12:24 AM
Quote from: Tony on October 04, 2011, 11:51:53 PM
I usually don't realize the NBA season has started until about two weeks in anyway.

Neither do most of the players. This will be one of the longest lockouts of all time because both sides kind of realize that the NBA sucks now and aren't in any big, shocking hurry to see play resume.

I'm assuming this is in green font, right?

Or should I not assume, and based on previous knowledge, know that you're a retard and that the NBA is actually at a near all time high in terms of awesomeness and you're too white to notice?

Dubbs calling someone out for being "too white".  Precious.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2011, 11:57:48 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on October 05, 2011, 10:53:37 AM
I usually don't realize the NBA season has started until about two weeks in anyway.

Neither do most of the players. This will be one of the longest lockouts of all time because both sides kind of realize that the NBA sucks now and aren't in any big, shocking hurry to see play resume.

Or should I not assume, and based on previous knowledge, know that you're a retard and that the NBA is actually at a near all time high in terms of awesomeness and you're too white to notice?

I'm not one to ally with the Five-Headed One, but he's kind of right. NBA regular season games generally do about as well as baseball, which, I believe, is the whole purpose of this site, not to mention the fact that the NBA finals actually do really well in their time slot. Chuck's just falling into the fallacy that it must not be popular if he  doesn't give a shit. So either baseball and basketball suck and are meaningless or basketball's probably doing alright, comparatively speaking. The NFL is the almighty, but if you compare the other three major leagues the NBA is probably the strongest ratings wise.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2011, 12:01:02 PM »
Teh Bulls could really use the extra time off to work on their freethrow shooting.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2011, 10:36:51 PM »
Quote from: SKO on October 05, 2011, 11:57:48 AM

I'm not one to ally with the Five-Headed One, but he's kind of right. NBA regular season games generally do about as well as baseball, which, I believe, is the whole purpose of this site, not to mention the fact that the NBA finals actually do really well in their time slot. Chuck's just falling into the fallacy that it must not be popular if he  doesn't give a shit. So either baseball and basketball suck and are meaningless or basketball's probably doing alright, comparatively speaking. The NFL is the almighty, but if you compare the other three major leagues the NBA is probably the strongest ratings wise.

Well, if it's so awesome, why is it locked out and nobody's talking about it?
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

PenPho

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2011, 06:39:47 AM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on October 05, 2011, 10:36:51 PM

My Twitter feed talks about it a lot.
But not so much "real people."

Probably because the NFL is in full-swing and baseball playoffs are underway. 

Once the only mid-week game going on is Hockey, people will start to get pissed.
"I use exit numbers because they tell me how many miles are left since they're based off of the molested"

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2011, 08:55:49 AM »
Quote from: PenPho on October 06, 2011, 06:39:47 AM
Quote from: Internet Apex on October 05, 2011, 10:36:51 PM

My Twitter feed talks about it a lot.
But not so much "real people."

Probably because the NFL is in full-swing and baseball playoffs are underway. 

Once the only mid-week game going on is Hockey, people will start to get pissed.

There's always collegiate sports.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #21 on: October 06, 2011, 09:24:19 AM »
If a tree falls in the forest, but Apex thinks the tree is stupid, does it make a sound?

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #22 on: October 06, 2011, 02:20:10 PM »
Quote from: Eli on October 06, 2011, 09:24:19 AM
If a tree falls in the forest, but Apex thinks the tree is stupid, does it make a sound?

Yes.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #23 on: October 06, 2011, 03:14:23 PM »

SUP PECKER I FELL RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF THE MUTHAFUCKIN FOREST FUCK YEAH LIKE THE ROCK DROPPIN THE PEOPLES ELBOW SUP BITCHEZ
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #24 on: October 06, 2011, 03:22:41 PM »
Quote from: Fork on October 06, 2011, 03:14:23 PM

SUP PECKER I FELL RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF THE MUTHAFUCKIN FOREST FUCK YEAH LIKE THE ROCK DROPPIN THE PEOPLES ELBOW SUP BITCHEZ

I laughed.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #25 on: November 26, 2011, 11:23:51 AM »
/thread