News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Tony LaRussa would be proud!  ( 2,441 )

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Tony LaRussa would be proud!
« on: October 04, 2011, 01:25:12 PM »
Da Coach's nearly 50-year-old kids are terrorizing the roads of Deerfield.

Pictures from Da Coach's previous dalliances with the law cannot be found on the Internets. Who scrubbed them?

Armchair_QB

• Hank White Fan Club
Re: Tony LaRussa would be proud!
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2011, 03:53:41 PM »
"I never read this book the Cardinals wrote way back in the day regarding how to play baseball."

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2011, 03:54:24 PM »
After the Bears clubbed the 49ers in October of 1985, Ditka got popped for a DUI.  Prior to the next game--which would become the fame-making Monday night Packer game for William Perry--it was announced that the Bears would stop selling beer at halftime--an idea which, believe it or not, was met with incredulity (although to be fair, the standard policy today does at least keep the taps open through the third).  The joke making the rounds was in answer to the question "Why are the Bears stopping the sale of alcohol at halftime?", which of course was "So Ditka could drink the rest."
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2011, 03:56:42 PM »
LULZ

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2011, 03:57:51 PM »

Neither of Ditka's sons can grow a decent stache?
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2011, 01:45:00 PM »
But he was only a month and a half from his house!

QuoteThe arresting officer, Daniel Dunn, noted in his report that McLaughlin's vehicle ranged in speed from 40 to 60 mph and weaved in and out of its lane on the highway. And though the rear windshield wiper was on, it was not raining.

When the officer asked for McLaughlin's license and proof of insurance, the broadcaster reportedly extended his hand and introduced himself by name. Dunn declined to shake his hand. He asked if McLaughlin had been drinking. "Not much," he replied.

After McLaughlin exited the vehicle, Officer Dunn noted that the suspect's crotch was saturated in the front and back. When asked about his wet shorts, McLaughlin said it was sweat. Dunn noted in his report: "he did not appear to be sweating anywhere else."

QuoteFrom there the arrest grew all the more pathetic with McLaughlin allegedly telling Dunn, and another responding officer, that he had always been a big supporter of Backstoppers and the police. He allegedly offered to pay Dunn to let him go, reportedly saying: "I don't know what your name is but I'll do whatever you want. Here's my money."

Dunn reported that McLaughlin failed two field sobriety tests, "almost falling off the shoulder and into the grass" during one of the examinations. McLaughlin allegedly kept telling the officers that he lived just a block and a half away from where he was pulled over just west of 141 on Highway 40. In one of the times McLaughlin confused "block" with "month," saying he lived a "month and a half away," according to the report.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2011, 02:11:50 PM »
Quote from: R-V on October 11, 2011, 01:45:00 PM
But he was only a month and a half from his house!

QuoteThe arresting officer, Daniel Dunn, noted in his report that McLaughlin's vehicle ranged in speed from 40 to 60 mph and weaved in and out of its lane on the highway. And though the rear windshield wiper was on, it was not raining.

When the officer asked for McLaughlin's license and proof of insurance, the broadcaster reportedly extended his hand and introduced himself by name. Dunn declined to shake his hand. He asked if McLaughlin had been drinking. "Not much," he replied.

After McLaughlin exited the vehicle, Officer Dunn noted that the suspect's crotch was saturated in the front and back. When asked about his wet shorts, McLaughlin said it was sweat. Dunn noted in his report: "he did not appear to be sweating anywhere else."

QuoteFrom there the arrest grew all the more pathetic with McLaughlin allegedly telling Dunn, and another responding officer, that he had always been a big supporter of Backstoppers and the police. He allegedly offered to pay Dunn to let him go, reportedly saying: "I don't know what your name is but I'll do whatever you want. Here's my money."

Dunn reported that McLaughlin failed two field sobriety tests, "almost falling off the shoulder and into the grass" during one of the examinations. McLaughlin allegedly kept telling the officers that he lived just a block and a half away from where he was pulled over just west of 141 on Highway 40. In one of the times McLaughlin confused "block" with "month," saying he lived a "month and a half away," according to the report.

so as Tonk would say, he was pissed.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2012, 01:29:37 PM »
OK, let's go around the room and get our picks in.

Mini-Ditka vs. the Lake County State's Attorney and Deerfield Police Department. (The same people who nailed Marni Yang to the wall as well as a few innocent people).

Mini-Ditka in a pre-trial motion!