News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Homeland  ( 12,222 )

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Homeland
« on: October 05, 2011, 09:59:27 AM »
This is a program on Showtime that you should be watching.  A marine who has been missing in Iraq for 8 years is discovered alive after an heroic raid kills numerous Al Quaeda.  He returns to his family (including his wife who has given him up for dead and is sleeping with his best friend) as a hero.  But is he?  Echoes of the Manchurian Candidate.  A CIA agent has an inappropriate meeting with an Iraqi prisoner who tells her that an American prisoner has been turned.  But does he tell her that?  We learn that she has been taking anti-psychotic drugs since she was a teenager.  She finds out that the marine has a clandestine meeting.  But it turns out that it was with the wife of the marine who was captured with him.  He tells the wife that he was not with his colleague when he was beaten to death.  The CIA agent bugs the marine's home and when this is discovered she is going to be thrown out and prosecuted. But then she notices that whenever the Marine is on video the fingers on his right hand appear to be twitching in code as a message.  Is he making contact with someone?  We learn from flashbacks that not only was he present when his fellow captive was beaten to death, he may have done it.  There are suspense, sex, and false leads in abundance.  Watch it.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Homeland
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2011, 10:05:13 AM »
Major Fucking Winters

CBStew

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2011, 12:47:34 PM »
Quote from: Alrish Yeltin on October 05, 2011, 10:05:13 AM
Major Fucking Winters

Yes. It isn't easy to watch him play a villain.  And you wonder how Clare Dane's character managed to get hired and keep her job as long as she has. 
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2011, 02:25:15 PM »
I haven't actually watched it yet, Stew. Forgot to DVR it, but the great thing about premium channel shows is that they show their original series over and over so I imagine I should be able to watch it before Sunday

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2012, 07:49:14 AM »
Bump. Started watching season 1 last night. Couldn't stop watching it, the characters have depth, great acting. No one else is watching this? This might be the most intense show I've seen, by far the best show on Showtime.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2012, 09:16:40 AM »
Quote from: BH on August 20, 2012, 07:49:14 AM
Bump. Started watching season 1 last night. Couldn't stop watching it, the characters have depth, great acting. No one else is watching this? This might be the most intense show I've seen, by far the best show on Showtime.

Just started it last night. Pilot was great - but my question is why is no one wondering why a man who supposedly spent 8 years in a hole is in very good physical condition?

He would be a tad more withered, no? Even if he was being fed well he certainly wouldn't be exercising. Or maybe they had him in a work camp. I feel like this should be addressed.

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2012, 09:20:47 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on September 27, 2012, 09:16:40 AM

Just started it last night. Pilot was great - but my question is why is no one wondering why a man who supposedly spent 8 years in a hole is in very good physical condition?

He would be a tad more withered, no? Even if he was being fed well he certainly wouldn't be exercising. Or maybe they had him in a work camp. I feel like this should be addressed.

Thanks for ruining this show, I won't be able to watch another episode until this gets addressed.

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2012, 12:43:16 AM »
Quote from: BH on September 27, 2012, 09:20:47 AM

Thanks for ruining this show, I won't be able to watch another episode until this gets addressed.

And what's the deal with him keeping all his teeth? Do you really mean to tell me that they were letting him brush and floss every night? That he got them cleaned at some point? Total fucking bullshit. still the best show on tv
M'lady.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2012, 01:02:43 PM »
Quote from: Canadouche on September 29, 2012, 12:43:16 AM
Quote from: BH on September 27, 2012, 09:20:47 AM

And what's the deal with him keeping all his teeth? Do you really mean to tell me that they were letting him brush and floss every night? That he got them cleaned at some point? Total fucking bullshit. still the best show on tv

I just can't get past the fact that the guy hasn't aged a day since he fought in World War II.

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2012, 08:51:53 AM »
I was worried the storylines would start to bore, but mother mercy, last night's episode and the preview to the rest of the season was awesome.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2012, 01:36:14 PM »
Quote from: BH on October 01, 2012, 08:51:53 AM
I was worried the storylines would start to bore, but mother mercy, last night's episode and the preview to the rest of the season was awesome.

Yeah - it picked up right where it left off. What a start. What a show.

CBStew

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2012, 05:48:18 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on October 02, 2012, 01:36:14 PM

It is interesting that he came out to his wife.  She is not the type who would tolerate being married to a Muslim.  Especially a Muslim who won't perform his husbandly duty.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2012, 06:44:25 PM »
Quote from: CBStew on October 02, 2012, 05:48:18 PM

It is interesting that he came out to his wife.  She is not the type who would tolerate being married to a Muslim.  Especially a Muslim who won't perform his husbandly duty.

Yeah that was intense.

I think Dana is going to end up being a very pivotal character and by pivotal I think she's going to end up getting killed after Brody refuses to do an assignment and flip the whole script on its ear. At least that's what I'd like to see happen.

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2012, 09:42:15 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on October 02, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Quote from: CBStew on October 02, 2012, 05:48:18 PM

Yeah that was intense.

I think Dana is going to end up being a very pivotal character and by pivotal I think she's going to end up getting killed after Brody refuses to do an assignment and flip the whole script on its ear. At least that's what I'd like to see happen.

I was glad to see the "change via policy" idea didn't last long, that sounds boring. Now Dana and the wife both know he's a Muslim, and the wife has serious doubts about Brody, on whether or not he really is a terrorist. My guess is that Brody kills his wife at some point and claims it must be the terrorists coming after him...

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2012, 08:56:56 AM »
In a room with top officials, we're to believe Brody was able to pull out his blackberry and text abu nazir seconds before a sniper pulls the trigger?  This show is turning into the office.