News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Homeland  ( 12,226 )

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Homeland
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2012, 09:25:52 AM »
Quote from: BH on October 09, 2012, 08:56:56 AM
In a room with top officials, we're to believe Brody was able to pull out his blackberry and text abu nazir seconds before a sniper pulls the trigger?  This show is turning into the office.

I don't see why not. He was dragged in there and everyone was focused on the screen.

Anyway with the video discovery shit is about to hit the fan.

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2012, 09:35:30 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on October 09, 2012, 09:25:52 AM
In a room with top officials, we're to believe Brody was able to pull out his blackberry and text abu nazir seconds before a sniper pulls the trigger?  This show is turning into the office.

I don't see why not. He was dragged in there and everyone was focused on the screen.

Carrie is spot on with just about everything she does. She was right about brody, about getting this guy's fiiles, etc... adds an interesting dynamic that no one knows she's right minus the viewer. And possibly Saul, who trusts her judgment.

What happened to Brody's son? He completely disappeared?

The suspicion on Brody is getting pretty intense, Saul, Lauttner seems to know something isn't right, his wife has doubts, etc.. great show.

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2012, 10:03:43 AM »
Quote from: BH on October 09, 2012, 09:35:30 AM

Carrie is spot on with just about everything she does. She was right about brody, about getting this guy's fiiles, etc... adds an interesting dynamic that no one knows she's right minus the viewer. And possibly Saul, who trusts her judgment.

When Carrie broke away and ran into the building my instinct was to shoot her in the kneecaps.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2012, 10:14:37 AM »

The suspicion on Brody is getting pretty intense, Saul, Lauttner seems to know something isn't right, his wife has doubts, etc.. great show.

DO WE STILL NOT KNOW WHO GAVE THAT GUY THE RAZOR??

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2012, 10:17:08 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on October 09, 2012, 10:14:37 AM

Brody's wife is annoying. I hope when Brody kills someone, she's high on the list.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2012, 10:44:33 AM »
Quote from: BH on October 09, 2012, 10:17:08 AM

Brody's wife is annoying. I hope when Brody kills someone, she's high on the list.

If not just for her hair. She could be so much more but her hair looks like a pile of dead crows. Clean it up, lady.

I can't wait to find out who Brody hunts down in the woods. My guess is it's his buddy who was drilling his wife.

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2012, 10:56:32 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on October 09, 2012, 10:44:33 AM
Quote from: BH on October 09, 2012, 10:17:08 AM

If not just for her hair. She could be so much more but her hair looks like a pile of dead crows. Clean it up, lady.

I can't wait to find out who Brody hunts down in the woods. My guess is it's his buddy who was drilling his wife.

My guess is it's lauttner, the drunk guy who won't let things go and asks too many questions.
Could Saul be the mole? Will be interesting to see what he does with this memory card.

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2012, 08:26:47 AM »
So Brody killed off a guy who was already dying and wasn't important to the show... boo.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2012, 08:30:52 AM »
Quote from: BH on October 16, 2012, 08:26:47 AM
So Brody killed off a guy who was already dying and wasn't important to the show... boo.

Read a decent synopsis of the show thus far about how it's two parts. One part, Carrie's story of breakdown to redemption, is excellent. The Brody story, where he's starting to have to do implausible things to keep his secret safe is getting a little absurd.

I enjoyed the show but I thought it was a good point. I guess Brody dealing with his weird marriage and trying to influence policy without chasing down vest makers in the woods isn't as exciting of a show.

But now that Carrie has her confidence back I can't wait to see how this goes. Imagine being convinced you were nuts only to find out you were right the whole time.

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #24 on: October 16, 2012, 08:37:37 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on October 16, 2012, 08:30:52 AM

Read a decent synopsis of the show thus far about how it's two parts. One part, Carrie's story of breakdown to redemption, is excellent. The Brody story, where he's starting to have to do implausible things to keep his secret safe is getting a little absurd.

I enjoyed the show but I thought it was a good point. I guess Brody dealing with his weird marriage and trying to influence policy without chasing down vest makers in the woods isn't as exciting of a show.

But now that Carrie has her confidence back I can't wait to see how this goes. Imagine being convinced you were nuts only to find out you were right the whole time.

The story of Saul and the CIA knowing about Brody and trying to set him up, while Abu Nazir tries to work from the inside will be fun to watch. Especially putting Carrie in the middle.

I just think it was dumb to show every episode, clips showing brody kill someone, only to have it be a non-participant in the show who was dying anyways. His wife has gone from boring (and not very good at acting) to thoroughly annoying. 

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #25 on: October 16, 2012, 08:50:02 AM »
Quote from: BH on October 16, 2012, 08:37:37 AM

The story of Saul and the CIA knowing about Brody and trying to set him up, while Abu Nazir tries to work from the inside will be fun to watch. Especially putting Carrie in the middle.

I just think it was dumb to show every episode, clips showing brody kill someone, only to have it be a non-participant in the show who was dying anyways. His wife has gone from boring (and not very good at acting) to thoroughly annoying. 

Yeah, I'm with you - I absolutely thought he killed Saul or Mike or something. But it was just some asshole.

Very misleading.

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #26 on: October 16, 2012, 05:07:39 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on October 16, 2012, 08:50:02 AM

Yeah, I'm with you - I absolutely thought he killed Saul or Mike or something. But it was just some asshole.

Very misleading.

But it caused him to be too late to deliver his speech.  You have to admit that that was exciting.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #27 on: October 16, 2012, 08:55:01 PM »
Quote from: CBStew on October 16, 2012, 05:07:39 PM
Quote from: Slaky on October 16, 2012, 08:50:02 AM

Very misleading.

But it caused him to be too late to deliver his speech.  You have to admit that that was exciting.

The Vice President was PISSED.

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #28 on: October 17, 2012, 09:15:26 AM »
What happened to brody's son?! I need to know, his door is always shut. Maybe he is watching tv. Or reading a book. But he could be up to something interesting...

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #29 on: October 23, 2012, 09:13:54 AM »
This week's episode was amazing. Not only because a new kid showed up (wasn't the same son as last year), but because *SPOILER* of Brody's capture.  Only real next step is to torture and re-turn Brody to help go after Abu Nazir. After last week's snoozefest, this week's episode went all bonkers.