News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Homeland  ( 12,218 )

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Homeland
« Reply #30 on: October 23, 2012, 01:21:08 PM »
Quote from: BH on October 23, 2012, 09:13:54 AM
This week's episode was amazing. Not only because a new kid showed up (wasn't the same son as last year), but because *SPOILER* of Brody's capture.  Only real next step is to torture and re-turn Brody to help go after Abu Nazir. After last week's snoozefest, this week's episode went all bonkers.

So far all that Brody has done is to kill two agents of a foreign power who were antithetic to the interests of the United States.  He did not go through with a suicide bombing that would have killed the Vice President and other prominent Americans.  Can it be that he is a double agent?
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

CBStew

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #31 on: October 23, 2012, 01:23:30 PM »
Having said that I concede that he did press the button on the bomb vest, but it failed.  Or did he make it fail?
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #32 on: October 30, 2012, 09:10:13 AM »
anyone still watching? how about the teen romance between dana and finn? i hope both get offed somehow.
the other storyline about brody and him working for the CIA will be interesting, I'm sure they will play the can-he-be-trusted card every episode, which will most likely get annoying.  Claire Danes should stop crying every episode. The new guy running the investigation was a good add. 

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #33 on: October 30, 2012, 10:38:34 AM »
Quote from: BH on October 30, 2012, 09:10:13 AM
anyone still watching? how about the teen romance between dana and finn? i hope both get offed somehow.
the other storyline about brody and him working for the CIA will be interesting, I'm sure they will play the can-he-be-trusted card every episode, which will most likely get annoying.  Claire Danes should stop crying every episode. The new guy running the investigation was a good add. 

It was great, great theater - the scenes in the interrogation and turn. But goddamn the teenage romance shit is awful. It's very forced. Either work the family into the main storyline or keep them off to the side. This show doesn't need any peripheral crap.

But Brody's turn is cool and like you said, potentially a show killer. I'm worried that he's just going to waver back and forth and we're going to be dragged in circles. Especially since we know that there's going to be a season three now - I'll be interested to see how they plan to keep this fresh.

He's clearly not done with Abu Nazir and that hot piece of ass from the middle east.

CBStew

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #34 on: October 30, 2012, 11:56:21 AM »
At the conclusion of the latest episode Mrs. Cubbieblue saw Clare Danes as carrying the episode.  I disagreed.  The camera fixed on Damian Lewis' reaction shots, and even when he had no lines his emotions provided the drama for the interrogation scenes. 

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #35 on: October 30, 2012, 12:18:32 PM »
Quote from: CBStew on October 30, 2012, 11:56:21 AM
At the conclusion of the latest episode Mrs. Cubbieblue saw Clare Danes as carrying the episode.  I disagreed.  The camera fixed on Damian Lewis' reaction shots, and even when he had no lines his emotions provided the drama for the interrogation scenes. 

He's a great actor, i agree. Partially what makes his scenes with his wife so awkward, she's awful. Claire Danes is great as well, but the crying faces need to stop.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #36 on: October 30, 2012, 12:41:06 PM »
Quote from: BH on October 30, 2012, 12:18:32 PM

He's a great actor, i agree. Partially what makes his scenes with his wife so awkward, she's awful. Claire Danes is great as well, but the crying faces need to stop.

Yea, she makes her potential cuteness go completely out the window during them.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #37 on: October 30, 2012, 01:27:16 PM »
Quote from: Yeti on October 30, 2012, 12:41:06 PM

She's really not cute. Also you can always tell how unhinged she is by whether or not her ears are showing through her hair.

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #38 on: October 31, 2012, 09:35:31 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on October 30, 2012, 01:27:16 PM
Quote from: Yeti on October 30, 2012, 12:41:06 PM

She's really not cute. Also you can always tell how unhinged she is by whether or not her ears are showing through her hair.

Yes on Claire Danes, but I think yeti confused her with Dana. Roya Hammad isn't bad on the eyes.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #39 on: November 06, 2012, 11:37:10 AM »
Starting to worry about this show.

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #40 on: November 06, 2012, 12:04:48 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on November 06, 2012, 11:37:10 AM

Every episode now she makes that ugly cry face. She loves brody, this storyline needs to go away fast.
Big deal, the VP's kid hit and killed someone driving. I don't care about this storyline. 

The ending was good though, with the terrorists wiping out all the CIA agents.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #41 on: November 06, 2012, 01:35:55 PM »
Quote from: BH on November 06, 2012, 12:04:48 PM

Every episode now she makes that ugly cry face. She loves brody, this storyline needs to go away fast.
Big deal, the VP's kid hit and killed someone driving. I don't care about this storyline. 

Yeah it was. Too bad that another Englishman using an American accent died. Galvez was a good dude. That blew.

You just know there's going to be some poopy cliffhanger at the end of this season because they've got a season 3.

Why the fuck was Brody whining in the car to Carrie about having to ask Roya questions for the CIA? He should be grateful - they could have ruined his life.

Someone's going to pop one in the cripple and his buddy Mike at some point.

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #42 on: November 06, 2012, 01:52:57 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on November 06, 2012, 01:35:55 PM
Quote from: BH on November 06, 2012, 12:04:48 PM

Yeah it was. Too bad that another Englishman using an American accent died. Galvez was a good dude. That blew.

You just know there's going to be some poopy cliffhanger at the end of this season because they've got a season 3.

Why the fuck was Brody whining in the car to Carrie about having to ask Roya questions for the CIA? He should be grateful - they could have ruined his life.

Someone's going to pop one in the cripple and his buddy Mike at some point.

I'm happy Quinn wasn't killed, he's the most likeable character on the show.
I still like Saul, although he's not a major part of the show anymore. He should be.

When Brody and Carrie fire up the lovemachine, I'll probably stop watching.

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #43 on: November 06, 2012, 06:16:13 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on November 06, 2012, 01:35:55 PM
Why the fuck was Brody whining in the car to Carrie about having to ask Roya questions for the CIA? He should be grateful - they could have ruined ended his life.

Seriously, though. I was wondering the same thing.

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #44 on: November 13, 2012, 08:57:56 AM »
This show has too many storylines going on, most of which take the focus on Brody and the terrorists.
I did like the scenes with Saul though, he needs to be more involved in the show. Hopefully the terrorist attack kills Dana, Brody's wife and son, crying claire danes, and mike the military guy.