News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: commitment to death  ( 3,835 )

BBM

• Hank White Fan Club

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: commitment to death
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2011, 09:55:14 AM »
Just die, baby.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2011, 10:21:39 AM »
I'll miss him. He was always truly entertaining. When he drafted Darius Heyward-Bey with the 7th overall pick I laughed harder than I had in years.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Lance Dicksons Arm

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2011, 10:23:57 AM »
Quote from: SKO on October 08, 2011, 10:21:39 AM
I'll miss him. He was always truly entertaining. When he drafted Darius Heyward-Bey with the 7th overall pick I laughed harder than I had in years.

Yea, that was strong.   As was the Lane Kiffin termination presser. 

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2011, 10:57:05 AM »

Does this mean the Raiders can be good now?
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2011, 11:04:12 AM »
Quote from: Fork on October 08, 2011, 10:57:05 AM

Does this mean the Raiders can be good now?

It means we're going to need a new host for Tales From the Crypt.

PenPho

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2011, 06:13:11 PM »
"I use exit numbers because they tell me how many miles are left since they're based off of the molested"

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2011, 10:45:14 PM »
Davis was an orthodox Jew.  He died on Yom Kippur.  I am not sure of the significance of that.  The ritual says that on Rosh Hashonah it is written and on Yom Kippur it is sealed.  Who shall live and who shall die.  If it was sealed last Yom Kippur that Davis would die this year, then God gave him full measure of the year.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2011, 11:38:02 AM »
Quote from: CBStew on October 08, 2011, 10:45:14 PM
Davis was an orthodox Jew.

Mamesh?

[Edit.--I hadn't previously heard of David Phillips's Passover Effect, apparent inspiration for "The Hollow Holiday: Christmas, a Time of Death in Appalachia." Freud was niftar on Yom Kippur.]

[Edit 2.--Freud, indeed, was also on a shabbat Y"K.]

[Edit 3.--I do wonder about some of the submissions to the Gematrix calculator. "Allen Davis" == "Styx" == "English Gematria Calculator," though.]
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

CBStew

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2011, 12:13:05 PM »
When I wrote about it being written on Rosh Hashonah and sealed on Yom Kippur as to whom was to live and whom was to die,  I assumed that it was written on Rosh Hashonah a year ago that Davis was to die and that consequently he got the blessing of a full year.  But suppose it was written on the most recent Rosh Hashonah, about ten days ago, and not only sealed but carried out a week later yesterday on Yom Kippur?  If that was the case then he really must have gotten to someone by moving the Raiders from Oakland to LA and back.  But whom?
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2011, 05:53:05 PM »
Quote from: CBStew on October 09, 2011, 12:13:05 PM
But suppose it was written on the most recent Rosh Hashonah, about ten days ago, and not only sealed but carried out a week later yesterday on Yom Kippur?

Kesubos 103b:

QuoteWas it not taught.... dying on the Eve of the Day of Atonement is a bad omen, on the termination of the Day of Atonement is a good omen; dying of diarrhoea is a good omen because most righteous men die of diarrhoea?
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2011, 05:58:22 PM »
Quote from: Wheezer on October 09, 2011, 05:53:05 PM
But suppose it was written on the most recent Rosh Hashonah, about ten days ago, and not only sealed but carried out a week later yesterday on Yom Kippur?

Kesubos 103b:

QuoteWas it not taught.... dying on the Eve of the Day of Atonement is a bad omen, on the termination of the Day of Atonement is a good omen; dying of diarrhoea is a good omen because most righteous men die of diarrhoea?

Dying is an omen?  Of what, burial?

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2011, 06:15:21 PM »
Quote from: CT III on October 09, 2011, 05:58:22 PM

Kesubos 103b:

Dying is an omen?  Of what, burial?

Forgiveness of sin. Yeshayahu 57, Tehilim 37. I don't know what's with the bowel problems of the tzaddikim.

[Edit.--Oh.

QuoteWhile we can be mikadesh [in] our eating, drinking, and piryah v'rivyah throughout the year, explains R' Shimon Shalom from Amshinov, we can never really fully sanctify the act of going to the bathroom. Even on Yom Kippur, a day that entails complete abstention from food and drink as well as marital relations, we can never completely personify the celestial angels because of our necessity to excrete bodily waste.

That is why, continues the Amshinover Rebbe, Chazal declare that most tzaddikim die by cholei mei'ayim, bowel and intestinal problems. After all, tzaddikim surely sanctify all parallel acts to the animals; the only aspect thus remaining--and, therefore, the only means the mal'ach ha'maves has at his disposal--is closely related to being motzi re'e.

(Footnotes omitted.)]

CBStew

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2011, 11:33:40 PM »
Quote from: Wheezer on October 09, 2011, 06:15:21 PM

Kesubos 103b:

Forgiveness of sin. Yeshayahu 57, Tehilim 37. I don't know what's with the bowel problems of the tzaddikim.

[Edit.--Oh.

QuoteWhile we can be mikadesh [in] our eating, drinking, and piryah v'rivyah throughout the year, explains R' Shimon Shalom from Amshinov, we can never really fully sanctify the act of going to the bathroom. Even on Yom Kippur, a day that entails complete abstention from food and drink as well as marital relations, we can never completely personify the celestial angels because of our necessity to excrete bodily waste.

That is why, continues the Amshinover Rebbe, Chazal declare that most tzaddikim die by cholei mei'ayim, bowel and intestinal problems. After all, tzaddikim surely sanctify all parallel acts to the animals; the only aspect thus remaining--and, therefore, the only means the mal'ach ha'maves has at his disposal--is closely related to being motzi re'e.

(Footnotes omitted.)]

Isn't there already a thread for this?

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2011, 12:08:12 AM »
Quote from: CBStew on October 09, 2011, 11:33:40 PM
Quote from: Wheezer on October 09, 2011, 06:15:21 PM

Kesubos 103b:

[Edit.--Oh.

(Footnotes omitted.)]

Isn't there already a thread for this?

Tell me about your dreams.