News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: 2011-12 B1G/NCAA Basketball  ( 20,310 )

Richard Chuggar

• TJG is back!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
Because when you're fighting for your man, experience is a mutha'.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: 2011-12 B1G/NCAA Basketball
« Reply #46 on: March 27, 2012, 03:14:35 PM »
Sounds like Illinois and Mike Thomas are determined to fuck this up until the very, very end. I don't know how it's going to work out with Groce as coach but I do know that Mike Thomas is clearly a moron.

Looks like I picked the right time to stop caring about college athletics.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #47 on: March 27, 2012, 03:53:31 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on March 27, 2012, 03:14:35 PM
Sounds like Illinois and Mike Thomas are determined to fuck this up until the very, very end. I don't know how it's going to work out with Groce as coach but I do know that Mike Thomas is clearly a moron.

That's the nice thing about college football: while technically an inferior product to the NFL, the various offenses, gimmicks, and varying levels of competition in college football means that it offers something very different and entertaining in its own way (for example: MAC schools dropping 70 points on each other ). While I hate the BCS, I think sometimes that the fact that it's all largely irrelevant anyways lets me just enjoy watching other team's games while ignoring the typically awful showings by Illinois.

College basketball, to me, is the same game as the NFL played by shittier players. The fact that there are usually NBA games on at the same time, as opposed to college football's Saturday dominance, means there's just no reason for me to watch a less interesting version of the same game, especially if Illinois sucks. I have no idea where I'm going with this. If somebody finds my point, please mail it to me.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

PenPho

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #48 on: March 27, 2012, 03:57:09 PM »
Quote from: SKO on March 27, 2012, 03:53:31 PM

That's the nice thing about college football: while technically an inferior product to the NFL, the various offenses, gimmicks, and varying levels of competition in college football means that it offers something very different and entertaining in its own way (for example: MAC schools dropping 70 points on each other ). While I hate the BCS, I think sometimes that the fact that it's all largely irrelevant anyways lets me just enjoy watching other team's games while ignoring the typically awful showings by Illinois.

College basketball, to me, is the same game as the NFL played by shittier players. The fact that there are usually NBA games on at the same time, as opposed to college football's Saturday dominance, means there's just no reason for me to watch a less interesting version of the same game, especially if Illinois sucks. I have no idea where I'm going with this. If somebody finds my point, please mail it to me.

You know I love football as much as anyone, but seriously...no one is talking about football here.

It's okay to at least have passing interest in a second thing in your life.
"I use exit numbers because they tell me how many miles are left since they're based off of the molested"

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #49 on: March 27, 2012, 04:02:20 PM »
Quote from: PenPho on March 27, 2012, 03:57:09 PM
Quote from: SKO on March 27, 2012, 03:53:31 PM

You know I love football as much as anyone, but seriously...no one is talking about football here.

It's okay to at least have passing interest in a second thing in your life.

The sad part is that I think my original point was going to be about why watch college basketball when the NBA is better, but then I anticipated a question no one was going to ask about why you should watch college football and got of course somewhere in the dark football-obssessed regions of my mind.

The main thing is that I haven't watched a single minute of Illinois basketball since I, in a fit of rage that would have appalled Fro Dog, swore off the sport after the REFS STOLE THEIR NATIONAL TITLE GAH JAMES AUGUSTINE WAS WAY TOO SOFT TO FOUL OUT IN FUCKING 11 MINUTES YOU ASSHOLES, and I'm still embarrassed by this coaching search of fail.

Anyway, NBA basketball, it's good. Apex told me so.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #50 on: March 27, 2012, 06:51:00 PM »
Quote from: SKO on March 27, 2012, 04:02:20 PMwhy watch college basketball when the NBA is better

I used to think this way for a long time. And then I didn't for a very long time. And now I do again.

And I still fucking hate James Augustine. Fuck that guy with BC's mom's rubber duck.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.