News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: 2011-2012 Bulls Free Throw Shooting Championship Thread  ( 49,218 )

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
2011-2012 Bulls Free Throw Shooting Championship Thread
« on: December 05, 2011, 09:46:05 AM »
So Jamal Crawford? Or Aaron Affalo? Caron Butler? Nick Young?

Who is going to save our butts in the SG spot? And will Jerry really open up his purse?

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: 2011-2012 Bulls Free Throw Shooting Championship Thread
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2011, 09:46:45 AM »
Quote from: BH on December 05, 2011, 09:46:05 AM

Who is going to save our butts in the SG spot? And will Jerry really open up his purse?

I don't know but the Bulls coming back gives me a chub.

Richard Chuggar

• TJG is back!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2011, 09:47:37 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on December 05, 2011, 09:46:45 AM

Jason Richardson
Because when you're fighting for your man, experience is a mutha'.

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2011, 09:59:54 AM »
Quote from: Richard Chuggar on December 05, 2011, 09:47:37 AM

Jason Richardson

He says he wants a championship, he'd have to take a paycut to $5 million to play on the bulls..  I don't want Vinsanity...
Ideally I'd want a young SG like affalo, nick young, monta ellis, OJ mayo....

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2011, 10:16:45 AM »
Quote from: BH on December 05, 2011, 09:59:54 AM
Quote from: Richard Chuggar on December 05, 2011, 09:47:37 AM

Jason Richardson

He says he wants a championship, he'd have to take a paycut to $5 million to play on the bulls..  I don't want Vinsanity...
Ideally I'd want a young SG like affalo, nick young, monta ellis, OJ mayo....

Ideally, I'd like Afflalo - but half the Nuggets' roster is stuck in China so it'll have to be a huge offer to pry him away as he's restricted, if I remember correctly.

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2011, 07:33:06 AM »
Thoughts on Rip Hamilton? I like the move, seems like a good fit. D12 and Rip, make it happen!

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2011, 09:02:52 AM »
Quote from: BH on December 12, 2011, 07:33:06 AM
Thoughts on Rip Hamilton? I like the move, seems like a good fit. D12 and Rip, make it happen!

People are being pretty annoying about the Bulls right now. I get it, Reinsdorf hates winning and Rose is going to leave soon because he wants a title and Uncle Jer refuses to pay a luxury tax by overpaying some guy who would make the Bulls instachamps.

Whatever.

The Bulls are the same team as last year and they won 62 games.

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2011, 09:11:46 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on December 12, 2011, 09:02:52 AM
Quote from: BH on December 12, 2011, 07:33:06 AM

People are being pretty annoying about the Bulls right now. I get it, Reinsdorf hates winning and Rose is going to leave soon because he wants a title and Uncle Jer refuses to pay a luxury tax by overpaying some guy who would make the Bulls instachamps.

Whatever.

The Bulls are the same team as last year and they won 62 games.

I was actually kidding about howard.. he's made it pretty clear where he wants to play.. and chicago has never been mentioned.
would be great to have him, but screw him if he thinks he wants to be in movies. I agree with jerry actually, no sense paying luxury tax unless you get pieces worthy of paying it... crawford isn't worth paying a luxury tax.
only howard is.

Having rip is a good upgrade from bogans, from a scoring perspective.

we won 62 games with boozer and noah being hurt for most of the year. And asik learning how to play basketball.
We should be a much better team this year.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2011, 09:37:20 AM »
It's not this single instance of Reinsdorf refusing to pay the tax, it's that he's consistently refused to pay the tax despite owning the most profitable franchise in the NBA. Years ago, he actually said something about how the White Sox are his passion and the Bulls are a business investment for him. His actions over time have reinforced that.

Maybe there's a reason Howard (and every other superstar) apparently doesn't want to come to Chicago.

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2011, 09:47:29 AM »
Quote from: Eli on December 12, 2011, 09:37:20 AM
It's not this single instance of Reinsdorf refusing to pay the tax, it's that he's consistently refused to pay the tax despite owning the most profitable franchise in the NBA. Years ago, he actually said something about how the White Sox are his passion and the Bulls are a business investment for him. His actions over time have reinforced that.

Maybe there's a reason Howard (and every other superstar) apparently doesn't want to come to Chicago.

He's been cheap since Jordan, but he appears to have a renewed energy in making this team a championship team.
I have no doubt we went all in last year trying to get lebron and/or wade.
I don't think Jerry's history is a reason Howard isn't considering Chicago.

Howard wants to be a hollywood star plain and simple. If he cared about winning, Chicago would have do be a team he'd want to join.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2011, 09:48:57 AM »
Quote from: Eli on December 12, 2011, 09:37:20 AM

I'm with BH. I'm not a Reinsdorf slurper by any means but overpaying someone/spending a ton of money doesn't = a better team.

I actually forgot that Noah missed a huge chunk of last season and they still won almost every game.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2011, 09:57:37 AM »
Quote from: BH on December 12, 2011, 09:47:29 AM
He's been cheap since Jordan, but he appears to have a renewed energy in making this team a championship team.

Based on what?

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2011, 10:09:37 AM »
Quote from: Eli on December 12, 2011, 09:57:37 AM

Based on what?

He's predicted multiple championships with Rose. Rose is going to finish his extension this year.
He got the best coach on the market last year. He aggressively went after lebron and wade last year. They are going after Howard this year.

Like Slaky, I've always hated Reinsdorf, but I think he actually sees the money he can make with a championship team.

But there is a difference between paying the luxury tax for a mediocre player like crawford, and paying it for a big time
player like lebron, wade and howard.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2011, 10:11:51 AM »
Quote from: BH on December 12, 2011, 10:09:37 AM
Quote from: Eli on December 12, 2011, 09:57:37 AM

Based on what?

He's predicted multiple championships with Rose. Rose is going to finish his extension this year.
He got the best coach on the market last year. He aggressively went after lebron and wade last year. They are going after Howard this year.

Like Slaky, I've always hated Reinsdorf, but I think he actually sees the money he can make with a championship team.

But there is a difference between paying the luxury tax for a mediocre player like crawford, and paying it for a big time
player like lebron, wade and howard.

Like Dolan said, people are really that mad the Bulls didn't sign Richardson or Crawford for FOUR years? I'm not remotely upset about that. What a fucking waste.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2011, 10:54:55 AM »
Quote from: BH on December 12, 2011, 10:09:37 AM
He aggressively went after lebron and wade last year. They are going after Howard this year.

They've "gone after" a lot of superstar-type guys. They've landed zero, unless you want to count Ben Wallace or Carlos Boozer as superstars. The Bulls are awfully fortunate that 1.7% chance of getting Derrick Rose panned out. If it weren't for that, they'd still be stuck in 40-win NBA hell with a bunch of complementary players.

With a few rare exceptions, superstars win in the NBA. The Bulls were great last year, but they won 62 games in large part because their depth helped them slog through mundane winter nights against less-interested teams, and because Thibs is insane and went balls-out for 82 straight games. But in the playoffs, with Rose being the only real scoring threat and Miami now being able throw LeBron, Wade and Battier at him at max effort, things will probably end up the same as last year. The NBA isn't like baseball where you just need to get into the playoffs and then hope to get lucky; the more dominant, physically talented team typically wins, unless there's some weird matchup disadvantage (like Dallas-Golden State in 2007).

Now, if the Bulls somehow get Howard, I'll be happy to say I'm wrong about all of this and call them title favorites.

In conclusion, I don't like this discussion, because it makes me feel like Chuck.