News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: 2011-2012 Bulls Free Throw Shooting Championship Thread  ( 49,345 )

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: 2011-2012 Bulls Free Throw Shooting Championship Thread
« Reply #195 on: April 30, 2012, 02:47:24 PM »
I remember when VDN was criticized by management for playing Noah too much when he was coming off injury, and noah isn't all that good. Wonder how Garpax feel about Rose going down. Thibs rides his horses, nothing wrong with that, he's always done that. Even if Rose would have been taken out, at some point this playoffs he had a high likelihood of his knee getting hurt I would think.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #196 on: April 30, 2012, 03:02:15 PM »
Quote from: BH on April 30, 2012, 02:47:24 PM
I remember when VDN was criticized by management for playing Noah too much when he was coming off injury, and noah isn't all that good. Wonder how Garpax feel about Rose going down. Thibs rides his horses, nothing wrong with that, he's always done that. Even if Rose would have been taken out, at some point this playoffs he had a high likelihood of his knee getting hurt I would think.

Jason Goff and Dan Bernstein were just saying on The Score that Derrick had switched from lace-up ankle braces to tape. And an athletic trainer of some ilk called in to say that taping ankles puts more stress on knees, and taping knees in turn stresses the hip. The give has to come somewhere. I'd say we just had a conglomeration of factors leading to a high probability for a serious injury.

The toe, the groin, the ankle, the back, the dumb schedule, the tape, the coach who rides his horses(,dude) - they all add up to a serious risk. The man was on borrowed time this year and there isn't one simple reason why.

As for what GarPax feels, I'd guess it has a sads.  
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #197 on: April 30, 2012, 03:05:31 PM »
But anyway... Bench Mob! The NBA's best bums are set to take on the world. I think they have enough to beat Philly in 5 or 6 games and if Boston doesn't survive Atlanta, this Bulls team could be bound for another showdown with the Heat. JLIII must be licking his chops.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #198 on: April 30, 2012, 03:42:29 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on April 30, 2012, 03:02:15 PM

Jason Goff and Dan Bernstein were just saying on The Score that Derrick had switched from lace-up ankle braces to tape. And an athletic trainer of some ilk called in to say that taping ankles puts more stress on knees, and taping knees in turn stresses the hip. The give has to come somewhere. I'd say we just had a conglomeration of factors leading to a high probability for a serious injury.

The toe, the groin, the ankle, the back, the dumb schedule, the tape, the coach who rides his horses(,dude) - they all add up to a serious risk. The man was on borrowed time this year and there isn't one simple reason why.

Also, it's weird but when people play a lot of sports they tend to get injured sometimes.

Of course, we can also go smash our heads against so many brick walls trying to figure out why.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #199 on: April 30, 2012, 07:06:02 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on April 30, 2012, 03:42:29 PM

Also, it's weird but when people play a lot of sports they tend to get injured sometimes.

Of course, we can also go smash our heads against so many brick walls trying to figure out why.

I'm no expert, but not smashing your head against a brick wall would probably be a good start.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #200 on: May 01, 2012, 08:26:42 AM »
Quote from: Fork on April 30, 2012, 07:06:02 PM

I'm no expert, but not smashing your head against a brick wall would probably be a good start.

Indeed.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--amar-e-stoudemire-cuts-hand-punching-wall.html;_ylt=AhmoVwPFu1Ila8QJYAkeoyI5nYcB

PenPho

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #201 on: May 01, 2012, 03:06:47 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on May 01, 2012, 08:26:42 AM
Quote from: Fork on April 30, 2012, 07:06:02 PM

Indeed.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--amar-e-stoudemire-cuts-hand-punching-wall.html;_ylt=AhmoVwPFu1Ila8QJYAkeoyI5nYcB

If anybody cares about such a thing, Popovich named Coach of the Year, Thibs finishes second. 
"I use exit numbers because they tell me how many miles are left since they're based off of the molested"

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #202 on: May 02, 2012, 08:12:12 AM »
Going from Derrick Rose to John Lucas at point guard is like going from Derrick Rose to John Lucas at point guard.

There's no other way to complete that analogy because it's the worst thing that could ever happen.

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #203 on: May 02, 2012, 08:40:50 AM »
Quote from: Eli on May 02, 2012, 08:12:12 AM
Going from Derrick Rose to John Lucas at point guard is like going from Derrick Rose to John Lucas at point guard.

There's no other way to complete that analogy because it's the worst thing that could ever happen.

It's even more sad when Mike James is a better option. I liked seeing Lucas dribble out the shot clock, then hand it off to someone with 5 sec to make a play.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #204 on: May 02, 2012, 09:19:13 AM »
Quote from: BH on May 02, 2012, 08:40:50 AM

It's even more sad when Mike James is a better option. I liked seeing Lucas dribble out the shot clock, then hand it off to someone with 5 sec to make a play.

After some rough calculations, I'm fairly certain that Lucas leads the NBA in dribbles-per-possession with 472.3.

Richard Chuggar

• TJG is back!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #205 on: May 02, 2012, 09:20:46 AM »

He's just too little to be out there.  At least Mugsey or Spud were fast as hell and drive to the hoop.  Lucas III just dribbles like a tard, and then jacks up a shot that he thinks is awesome b/c he scored 90 points at Rucker Park once.
Because when you're fighting for your man, experience is a mutha'.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #206 on: May 02, 2012, 09:52:43 AM »
Quote from: Richard Chuggar on May 02, 2012, 09:20:46 AM

He's just too little to be out there.  At least Mugsey or Spud were fast as hell and drive to the hoop.  Lucas III just dribbles like a tard, and then jacks up a shot that he thinks is awesome b/c he scored 90 points at Rucker Park once.

And he makes just enough of those stupid shots to mentally justify the next 10 ill-advised ones.

Did anyone else see me bank in that running floater over Elton Brand? And then hurl my tiny body into camera row to try and draw a foul, then take five seconds to get up and not be in position to get back on defense so the 76ers got yet another fast-break dunk? I am awesome!

Time to post! Time to shoot!

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #207 on: May 02, 2012, 10:07:13 AM »
I hate to laugh at your pain because I know how I felt when CALEB HANIE was dropping his weekly deuce into my Cheerios, but wow. Please continue.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #208 on: May 03, 2012, 10:47:50 AM »
Test.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #209 on: May 03, 2012, 11:02:03 AM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on May 03, 2012, 10:47:50 AM
Test.

Yup, Wade definitely deserved the ejection and suspension he got for that.