News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Let's look forward to the Cardinals Methocalypse  ( 157,125 )

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Let's look forward to the Cardinals Methocalypse
« Reply #1035 on: July 22, 2017, 05:43:58 PM »
Cardinals' turn to get their shit wrecked in the 8th inning. And Molina striking out to end it was worth the two walks.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1036 on: July 24, 2017, 02:42:22 AM »
Scrub-ass Randal Grichuk can go straight to hell.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1037 on: July 24, 2017, 03:26:55 AM »
Quote from: Saul Goodman on July 24, 2017, 02:42:22 AM

As can Molina. I was kind of hoping that the Cubs would win by just one run to rub in the fact that Yadi got caught trying to walk from first to second around two pitches before De Jong went yard.  I can't believe he really thought he could take on Willson's arm and win.  I'm bloody sure he won't do it again.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1038 on: July 24, 2017, 08:08:10 AM »
Quote from: Tonker on July 24, 2017, 03:26:55 AM

As can Molina. I was kind of hoping that the Cubs would win by just one run to rub in the fact that Yadi got caught trying to walk from first to second around two pitches before De Jong went yard.  I can't believe he really thought he could take on Willson's arm and win.  I'm bloody sure he won't do it again.

He clearly had issues with being the second-best catcher in the park.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1039 on: July 24, 2017, 08:09:50 AM »
Quote from: Quality Start Machine on July 24, 2017, 08:08:10 AM

Yadi has seemed more and more irritated and easily flustered every time they play the Cubs since 2015. I mean who can forget him arguing with the ump as Montero's double cleared the bases and gave the Cubs the lead in the Strop-Peralta Game? I think he more than anyone other than maybe Wainwright has always made the whole BFIB thing part of his identity and always took for granted that this was their division and always would be, and the Cubs taking it right from them has broken his brain more than most.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

thehawk

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1040 on: July 24, 2017, 09:50:53 AM »
Quote from: SKO on July 24, 2017, 08:09:50 AM
Quote from: Quality Start Machine on July 24, 2017, 08:08:10 AM

Yadi has seemed more and more irritated and easily flustered every time they play the Cubs since 2015. I mean who can forget him arguing with the ump as Montero's double cleared the bases and gave the Cubs the lead in the Strop-Peralta Game? I think he more than anyone other than maybe Wainwright has always made the whole BFIB thing part of his identity and always took for granted that this was their division and always would be, and the Cubs taking it right from them has broken his brain more than most.

Apropos of little, just like it.
Andre Dawson paid his $1,000 fine for the Joe West incident with style. Dawson wrote ``Donation for the blind`` in the memo section of his personal check.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1041 on: July 24, 2017, 10:33:08 AM »
Also I mention the Strop-Peralta game bc even though that felt soul-crushing at the time it was definitely the turning point in the rivalry.

Cards since that day, including post-season:
179-162 (.525 winning %)

Cubs:
220-142 (.608)

Head to Head including 2015 NLDS:
Cubs 25, Cardinals 16 (Cubs +36 in those games)
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

morpheus

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1042 on: July 28, 2017, 12:27:16 PM »
https://twitter.com/BestFansStLouis/status/890221968947130368

So Bader = Trout.  Well, of course he does.
I don't get that KurtEvans photoshop.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1043 on: July 28, 2017, 02:59:42 PM »
Let's check in on that fabled Right Way team chemistry, shall we?

Yadier Molina rips Matheny on Instagram

Oh yeah. That's the stuff.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1044 on: August 01, 2017, 04:48:08 AM »
This column was delicious, too.

Also, if you printed it out, wadded it up, and ate it, it would still taste better than St. Louis-style "pizza."

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1045 on: August 01, 2017, 08:15:07 AM »
Quote from: Saul Goodman on August 01, 2017, 04:48:08 AM

Also, if you printed it out, wadded it up, and ate it, it would still taste better than St. Louis-style "pizza."

Yeah I will never get tired of it breaking these people's brains that the Cubs are just better at everything now.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1046 on: August 01, 2017, 08:24:05 AM »
Quote from: SKO on August 01, 2017, 08:15:07 AM
Quote from: Saul Goodman on August 01, 2017, 04:48:08 AM

Yeah I will never get tired of it breaking these people's brains that the Cubs are just better at everything now.

Has anybody watched the 2 Bens videos? They look like a fucking hoot.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1047 on: August 23, 2017, 05:49:50 PM »
If the Cardinals non-tender Trevor Rosenthal I am 100% in favor of signing him to a two-year deal, managing his rehab, and turning him into a revenge-hungry firethrowing monster in 2019's bullpen. Maybe this should go into the I Admit It thread.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1048 on: August 24, 2017, 02:07:13 PM »
Quote from: Saul Goodman on August 23, 2017, 05:49:50 PM
If the Cardinals non-tender Trevor Rosenthal I am 100% in favor of signing him to a two-year deal, managing his rehab, and turning him into a revenge-hungry firethrowing monster in 2019's bullpen. Maybe this should go into the I Admit It thread.

Sure. Low risk, high ceiling. Go for it.
TIME TO POST!

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1049 on: August 24, 2017, 02:23:42 PM »
Quote from: Quality Start Machine on August 24, 2017, 02:07:13 PM
Quote from: Saul Goodman on August 23, 2017, 05:49:50 PM

Sure. Low risk, high ceiling. Go for it.

Besides, they owe us for Jason Motte.