News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Let's look forward to the Cardinals Methocalypse  ( 156,993 )

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Let's look forward to the Cardinals Methocalypse
« Reply #975 on: September 26, 2016, 11:20:21 AM »
Quote from: Eli on September 26, 2016, 10:16:18 AM
Quote from: SKO on September 26, 2016, 08:45:51 AM
The butthurt and mockery from these people over David Ross Appreciation Night absolutely blows my mind. "Hur dur look at the Cubs fans celebrating their stupid backup catcher" says a guy who gave Randal Grichuk a standing ovation for a homer that cut their deficit in a playoff game they eventually lost to 5-3 in the 5th inning.

I freely enjoyed David Ross Night, but if the Cardinals had done that for a backup catcher who'd played two seasons for them, we'd be mocking them too.

Maybe. I think "Grandpa Rossy" is a little different just because Rizzo and Bryant kind of made his farewell tour a thing and we've all been in on the joke since spring training. Last night was just the culmination of that.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #976 on: September 26, 2016, 11:26:44 AM »
Quote from: Saul Goodman on September 26, 2016, 11:20:21 AM
The butthurt and mockery from these people over David Ross Appreciation Night absolutely blows my mind. "Hur dur look at the Cubs fans celebrating their stupid backup catcher" says a guy who gave Randal Grichuk a standing ovation for a homer that cut their deficit in a playoff game they eventually lost to 5-3 in the 5th inning.

I freely enjoyed David Ross Night, but if the Cardinals had done that for a backup catcher who'd played two seasons for them, we'd be mocking them too.

Maybe. I think "Grandpa Rossy" is a little different just because Rizzo and Bryant kind of made his farewell tour a thing and we've all been in on the joke since spring training. Last night was just the culmination of that.

Ehh, the Cubs make the kinds of arguments about Ross that we mock Cardinals fans for making about Yadi. His worth is immeasurable, he makes the players around him better because leadership, he's the real MVP of the team, etc. If the Cardinals fans had done that for Tony Cruz or whatever we probably would have mocked them. I can understand a lot of people that aren't Cubs fans looking at the Ross thing and going "okay, chill out people".

The one fanbase that does not have a right to be outright butthurt about it (one of the Cardinals beat writers tweeted out that Maddon basically pulled Ross to delay the game and make the Cardinals lose focus in a key game, which is monumentally stupid) is the fanbase that basically invented giving standing ovations at the drop of a hat, provided whoever dropped said hat had the bill bent correctly and was not wearing it off to the side.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #977 on: September 26, 2016, 12:52:30 PM »
Quote from: SKO on September 26, 2016, 11:26:44 AM

Ehh, the Cubs make the kinds of arguments about Ross that we mock Cardinals fans for making about Yadi. His worth is immeasurable, he makes the players around him better because leadership, he's the real MVP of the team, etc. If the Cardinals fans had done that for Tony Cruz or whatever we probably would have mocked them. I can understand a lot of people that aren't Cubs fans looking at the Ross thing and going "okay, chill out people".

The one fanbase that does not have a right to be outright butthurt about it (one of the Cardinals beat writers tweeted out that Maddon basically pulled Ross to delay the game and make the Cardinals lose focus in a key game, which is monumentally stupid) is the fanbase that basically invented giving standing ovations at the drop of a hat, provided whoever dropped said hat had the bill bent correctly and was not wearing it off to the side.

The distraction ploy totally worked. Their hero Yadi applauded Ross from the on-deck circle. Maddon strikes again.

(Joe said after the game that the 'catching change' mound visit was Lester's idea.)
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #978 on: September 26, 2016, 01:42:46 PM »
Quote from: Saul Goodman on September 26, 2016, 12:52:30 PM

The distraction ploy totally worked. Their hero Yadi applauded Ross from the on-deck circle. Maddon strikes again.

(Joe said after the game that the 'catching change' mound visit was Lester's idea.)

On the other hand if the Cardinals are a team so mentally weak that they fall apart any time a crowd delays a game by cheering too hard for random bullshit it would explain their shit record at Busch this year.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #979 on: September 26, 2016, 02:00:22 PM »

Lester and Joe should get on the same page cause Lester's presser gave me the impression that he had no idea.  Then again, I was watching it during my morning crap so I got distracted about 2 minutes in.

Quote from: SKO on September 26, 2016, 01:42:46 PM
On the other hand if the Cardinals are a team so mentally weak that they fall apart any time a crowd delays a game by cheering too hard for random bullshit it would explain their shit record at Busch this year.

Hehe.  Funny.  Nice try at diverting attention away from Ross's 2-win, FYSKO season.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #980 on: September 26, 2016, 02:12:24 PM »
Quote from: Oleg on September 26, 2016, 02:00:22 PM

Lester and Joe should get on the same page cause Lester's presser gave me the impression that he had no idea.  Then again, I was watching it during my morning crap so I got distracted about 2 minutes in.

Hehe.  Funny.  Nice try at diverting attention away from Ross's 2-win, FYSKO season.

I've been nothing but open and inviting to any and all FYSKOs on Grandpa Rossy's behalf, but nobody has even bothered for months now. Y'all got lazy.

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #981 on: September 26, 2016, 03:15:18 PM »
Quote from: SKO on September 26, 2016, 02:12:24 PM
Quote from: Oleg on September 26, 2016, 02:00:22 PM

I've been nothing but open and inviting to any and all FYSKOs on Grandpa Rossy's behalf, but nobody has even bothered for months now. Y'all got lazy.

I was waiting for the SNEAK ATTACK.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #982 on: September 26, 2016, 06:16:00 PM »
Cardinals fans just don't realize you can have a tribute for a player while he's still alive.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #983 on: October 02, 2016, 05:15:39 PM »
If only the Cardinals had won the season series against the Cubs.

Have fun with that SKO.
"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #984 on: October 02, 2016, 05:49:50 PM »
Quote from: flannj on October 02, 2016, 05:15:39 PM

Have fun with that SKO.

Wouldn't matter if the Dodgers weren't terrified of the mighty Cardinals.

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #985 on: October 03, 2016, 02:37:27 AM »
Quote from: Saul Goodman on October 02, 2016, 05:49:50 PM

Have fun with that SKO.

The BFIB are also conveniently ignoring the fact that, had the Tards managed to win more than two games against the Dodgers in the regular season, the Giants' winning out would be largely irrelevant.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #986 on: October 03, 2016, 07:37:06 AM »
Quote from: Tonker on October 03, 2016, 02:37:27 AM

Have fun with that SKO.

The BFIB are also conveniently ignoring the fact that, had the Tards managed to win more than two games against the Dodgers in the regular season, the Giants' winning out would be largely irrelevant.

My uncle has already pinned the entire season on losing that one game at Wrigley on the walk off walk that wasn't.

Nevermind that the pitcher had walked the bases full, there was only 1 out, Rizzo's kinda fuckin good at this, and it would only have been strike 2, and at best they still needed to take a lead and hold it. If the ump had called that one pitch correctly they'd have won and not missed the playoffs by a game.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #987 on: October 03, 2016, 08:06:16 AM »
Quote from: SKO on October 03, 2016, 07:37:06 AM

Have fun with that SKO.

My uncle has already pinned the entire season on losing that one game at Wrigley on the walk off walk that wasn't.

Nevermind that the pitcher had walked the bases full, there was only 1 out, Rizzo's kinda fuckin good at this, and it would only have been strike 2, and at best they still needed to take a lead and hold it. If the ump had called that one pitch correctly they'd have won and not missed the playoffs by a game.

Nevermind they were given a game via a dumb replay technicality on a ground rule double.

A team wins and loses games that they shouldn't throughout a season. It's easy to point at the games you were screwed on, but you can't ignore the games you were gifted

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #988 on: October 03, 2016, 08:31:19 AM »
Quote from: Yeti on October 03, 2016, 08:06:16 AM

Have fun with that SKO.

Nevermind they were given a game via a dumb replay technicality on a ground rule double.

A team wins and loses games that they shouldn't throughout a season. It's easy to point at the games you were screwed on, but you can't ignore the games you were gifted

Oh yeah, but no meatball wants to say "the reason we didn't make the playoffs is because we lost 76 games".

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #989 on: October 03, 2016, 08:34:47 AM »
Quote from: SKO on October 03, 2016, 08:31:19 AM
Quote from: Yeti on October 03, 2016, 08:06:16 AM

Have fun with that SKO.

Oh yeah, but no meatball wants to say "the reason we didn't make the playoffs is because we lost 76 games".

Or "we're an aging team that isn't nearly as good as we once were."
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck