News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Let's look forward to the Cardinals Methocalypse  ( 156,997 )

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Let's look forward to the Cardinals Methocalypse
« Reply #990 on: October 03, 2016, 11:12:05 AM »
Quote from: SKO on October 03, 2016, 07:37:06 AM
Quote from: Tonker on October 03, 2016, 02:37:27 AM
Quote from: Saul Goodman on October 02, 2016, 05:49:50 PM
Quote from: flannj on October 02, 2016, 05:15:39 PM
If only the Cardinals had won the season series against the Cubs.

Have fun with that SKO.

Wouldn't matter if the Dodgers weren't terrified of the mighty Cardinals.

The BFIB are also conveniently ignoring the fact that, had the Tards managed to win more than two games against the Dodgers in the regular season, the Giants' winning out would be largely irrelevant.

My uncle has already pinned the entire season on losing that one game at Wrigley on the walk off walk that wasn't.

Nevermind that the pitcher had walked the bases full, there was only 1 out, Rizzo's kinda fuckin good at this, and it would only have been strike 2, and at best they still needed to take a lead and hold it. If the ump had called that one pitch correctly they'd have won and not missed the playoffs by a game.

Good, so now he knows how we feel that Carlos Marmol's inexplicable decision to hang a slider to Ryan Theriot in a 2011 game ultimately  allowed the Cardinals to reach the postseason (they got in by a game), and ultimately win a stupid World Series.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #991 on: October 03, 2016, 12:18:56 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on April 28, 2016, 09:54:42 AM
Quote from: Quality Start Machine on April 28, 2016, 09:44:46 AM
Please, just fuck these guys. They're already 4 behind in the loss column to the Cubs, and they are only going to fall further behind.

At this point they're going to have to duke it out for the Seligcard. They don't fucking matter.

No one thinks this is true.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #992 on: October 03, 2016, 01:08:24 PM »
Quote from: Yeti on October 03, 2016, 08:06:16 AM
Quote from: SKO on October 03, 2016, 07:37:06 AM
Quote from: Tonker on October 03, 2016, 02:37:27 AM
Quote from: Saul Goodman on October 02, 2016, 05:49:50 PM
Quote from: flannj on October 02, 2016, 05:15:39 PM
If only the Cardinals had won the season series against the Cubs.

Have fun with that SKO.

Wouldn't matter if the Dodgers weren't terrified of the mighty Cardinals.

The BFIB are also conveniently ignoring the fact that, had the Tards managed to win more than two games against the Dodgers in the regular season, the Giants' winning out would be largely irrelevant.

My uncle has already pinned the entire season on losing that one game at Wrigley on the walk off walk that wasn't.

Nevermind that the pitcher had walked the bases full, there was only 1 out, Rizzo's kinda fuckin good at this, and it would only have been strike 2, and at best they still needed to take a lead and hold it. If the ump had called that one pitch correctly they'd have won and not missed the playoffs by a game.

Nevermind they were given a game via a dumb replay technicality on a ground rule double.

A team wins and loses games that they shouldn't throughout a season. It's easy to point at the games you were screwed on, but you can't ignore the games you were gifted

I was driving in listening to the MLB channel on Sirius and they had Joe Torre on. He was saying very dumb things about that play. According to Joe, who has never once insulted or treated an umpire badly, some things have to fall on the managers to initiate, because reasons. If the manager doesn't immediately cry foul, too bad so sad get the hell out of Joe Torre's office. The umpires handled it right, and what's everyone yelling about, MLB replay is perfect, we have cut down the time it takes "from challenge to result" so what more do you people want? (He pretended not to hear the question about all the time that's wasted deciding whether or not to challenge, when everyone stands around on the field doing nothing, and chose to answer a different question only he could hear instead.)

Then he said we can't have robot umpires because the human element takes a lot of pride in calling those pitches [incorrectly 12% of the time according to the hosts]. So your favorite team needs to suffer some bad losses here and there because Joe Torre doesn't want to hurt the umpires'  feelings. And the whole point of replay isn't to get the calls right, it's to challenge all the managers to a game of challenge chicken. Brilliant.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #993 on: October 03, 2016, 02:44:02 PM »
I was thinking maybe they shouldn't have lost 9 games to the Reds. But maybe that's just me. I don't know.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #994 on: October 03, 2016, 02:47:12 PM »
Quote from: ChuckD on October 03, 2016, 02:44:02 PM
I was thinking maybe they shouldn't have lost 9 games to the Reds. But maybe that's just me. I don't know.

They were tanking because they didn't want to face the Reds in the playoffs.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #995 on: October 03, 2016, 02:49:53 PM »
Quote from: ChuckD on October 03, 2016, 02:44:02 PM

And they needed a blown call to keep it from being 10.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #996 on: October 11, 2016, 11:57:46 PM »
Please.  Someone tell me what they are saying in Deadbirdland.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #997 on: October 12, 2016, 12:03:12 AM »
Quote from: CBStew on October 11, 2016, 11:57:46 PM
Please.  Someone tell me what they are saying in Deadbirdland.

Something about President Trump jailing all the black people
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Shooter

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #998 on: November 09, 2016, 08:39:02 AM »
Things are looking up. They won't even have to pretend to hide their racism anymore.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #999 on: February 14, 2017, 03:24:36 PM »
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/cardinals-top-prospect-alex-reyes-has-mri-on-first-day-of-camp-185108121.html Lolololololololololololololololololololololol. Just means more starts for Michael Batting Practice Wacha.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1000 on: February 14, 2017, 04:00:01 PM »
Quote from: Shooter on November 09, 2016, 08:39:02 AM
Things are looking up. They won't even have to pretend to hide their racism anymore.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1001 on: February 14, 2017, 04:20:30 PM »
Quote from: ChuckD on February 14, 2017, 04:00:01 PM
Quote from: Shooter on November 09, 2016, 08:39:02 AM

MLK is another one of those up-and-comers who's getting recognized more and more. Call me crazy but I think he and Frederick Douglass will be trading headlines for years to come.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1002 on: February 14, 2017, 11:49:29 PM »
One day into spring training and Mike Matheny is already prepared to fight a laptop to defend the Cardinal Way.

thehawk

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1003 on: February 15, 2017, 09:48:55 AM »
Quote from: Saul Goodman on February 14, 2017, 11:49:29 PM
One day into spring training and Mike Matheny is already prepared to fight a laptop to defend the Cardinal Way.

Wonder how many Reyes starts PECOTA projected.
Andre Dawson paid his $1,000 fine for the Joe West incident with style. Dawson wrote ``Donation for the blind`` in the memo section of his personal check.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1004 on: February 15, 2017, 09:58:50 AM »
Quote from: thehawk on February 15, 2017, 09:48:55 AM
Quote from: Saul Goodman on February 14, 2017, 11:49:29 PM

Wonder how many Reyes starts PECOTA projected.

23 games started, 121 IP, 4.04 ERA, 3.96 FIP, 1.5 WARP was their projection. His starts are mostly likely going to be taken (for as long as he can stay healthy) by Wacha, who has a 5.50 ERA in his last 29 starts going back to September of 2015 and projects for a 4.81 ERA and just 0.3 WARP.

So they probably lost a win overall.