News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Skyrim  ( 4,497 )

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Skyrim
« on: December 13, 2011, 07:40:27 AM »
You guys are all playing this right?

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Skyrim
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2011, 08:11:13 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on December 13, 2011, 07:40:27 AM

I have.  It's awesome. Buggy, but awesome.
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2011, 11:42:16 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on December 13, 2011, 07:40:27 AM

Nope.
IAN/YETI 2012!  "IT MEANS WHAT WE SAY IT MEANS!"

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2011, 11:47:20 AM »
I have been. Like I said to Gil a while back, its a 9.9 to my Fallout 10. It's pretty awesome. I never played oblivion, but I have it in reserve for when I want something new, but not at the same time

Gilgamesh

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2011, 03:09:01 PM »
Quote from: Tollbooth Yeti on December 14, 2011, 11:47:20 AM
I have been. Like I said to Gil a while back, its a 9.9 to my Fallout 10. It's pretty awesome. I never played oblivion, but I have it in reserve for when I want something new, but not at the same time

This is better than Oblivion, but it's a close comparison.  However, on the PS3, once your save file begins to exceed 6 MB, the frame rate begins to drop precipitously.  Bethesda says that they are working on a fix, but with a problem such as this, the solution will require a massive time committment.

Nevertheless, it is a very fun game.

I still have the new Assassin's Creed unopened while I continue to work through Skyrim.
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2011, 03:50:23 PM »
Lucky for me, I am playing it on xbox

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2011, 04:21:52 PM »
Quote from: Gilgamesh on December 14, 2011, 03:09:01 PM

This is better than Oblivion, but it's a close comparison.  However, on the PS3, once your save file begins to exceed 6 MB, the frame rate begins to drop precipitously.  Bethesda says that they are working on a fix, but with a problem such as this, the solution will require a massive time committment.

I still have the new Assassin's Creed unopened while I continue to work through Skyrim.

I hear it's a mess on PS3. I have it on XBox and have had zero issues with anything, really. Just finding that this game is bigger than any game I've ever seen and equally as fun. I think this game destroys New Vegas honestly and I'm the biggest Fallout fanboy around. I truly hope Fallout 4 steals everything from this game.

Gilgamesh

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2011, 04:41:10 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on December 14, 2011, 04:21:52 PM

I hear it's a mess on PS3. I have it on XBox and have had zero issues with anything, really. Just finding that this game is bigger than any game I've ever seen and equally as fun. I think this game destroys New Vegas honestly and I'm the biggest Fallout fanboy around. I truly hope Fallout 4 steals everything from this game.

I would assume that the new physics engine created for this game would be used by Bethesda in Fallout 4.  However, this game allegedly took three years to develop, so I wouldn't anticipate seeing Fallout 4 for sometime.  Perhaps 2013.

However, New Vegas came out pretty quickly following Fallout 3, so it may be shorter than that.  But wasn't New Vegas created using scrapped portions of an abandoned Fallout project?

PS - Fallout 4 in Chicago would be awesome.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2011, 07:45:58 PM »
Quote from: Gilgamesh on December 14, 2011, 04:41:10 PM

I would assume that the new physics engine created for this game would be used by Bethesda in Fallout 4.  However, this game allegedly took three years to develop, so I wouldn't anticipate seeing Fallout 4 for sometime.  Perhaps 2013.

However, New Vegas came out pretty quickly following Fallout 3, so it may be shorter than that.  But wasn't New Vegas created using scrapped portions of an abandoned Fallout project?

I've heard San Fransisco as the rumored city

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2011, 10:27:39 PM »
Quote from: Tollbooth Yeti on December 14, 2011, 07:45:58 PM
Quote from: Gilgamesh on December 14, 2011, 04:41:10 PM

I've heard San Fransisco as the rumored city

I read they make it where the studio is, hence Washington DC for Fallout 3. Anyway, New Vegas was a totally separate project from Fallout 4 so it's entirely possible that Fallout 4 has been worked on since the release of Fallout 3.

Kermit IV

• Still missing Daryle Ward.
  • Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2011, 01:08:29 PM »

This is good to know.  I like Fallout 3 and NV, but for whatever reason, I just couldn't get into them as much as everyone else who played them seemed to.  Skyrim seems so universally beloved, I've been tempted by it since it came out.  I was trying to find some comparisons to Fallout, but most comparisons are to Oblivion, so it's good to hear a Fallout fanboy saying it's way better.