News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The Lincoln Lawyer  ( 1,203 )

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
The Lincoln Lawyer
« on: December 28, 2011, 12:23:59 PM »
A series of books by Michael Connelly, who usually writes about LA Homicide detective Harry Bosch.  I got tired of Bosch, whom I read as a latter day, weak imitation of Phillip Marlowe.  But the smarmy, sleazy, recovering alcoholic, Lincoln Lawyer who pratices out of the trunk of his chauffeured Lincoln was a refreshing change.  Unfortunately, in each book Connelly has brought him closer to the mainstream and in one book even had him acting as a special prosecuter.  The latest book ends with him contemplating a run for DA of Los Angeles County.  To make matters worse, he discovers that he and Harry Bosch are half brothers.  I recommend the first book, The Lincoln Lawyer, the the successive books are letdowns.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)