News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Gaming on the Mac  ( 3,063 )

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Gaming on the Mac
« on: January 01, 2012, 10:42:36 AM »
So has anyone actually used Steam on the Mac for games that require a controller? I could probably find a cheap USB controller that would work for my mac book and download a game or two from Steam to try it out but was curious to hear if anyone had actually had any experience playing games off Steam on a mac book with a controller.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Gaming on the Mac
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2013, 02:50:05 AM »
Trying to use my PS3 controller with the Mac version of San Andreas.  I can't quite get things right.  The hardest part is moving the camera while on foot.  On the original PS2 version of the game, this is done with the right analog stick, so you can move CJ with the left stick and move the right stick to move the camera simultaneously.  However, on this version of the game the right analog stick doesn't seem to have any effect.  I have to move the mouse to reorient the camera to see where I'm going, just as I do when using the annoying keyboard controls, and it's about as awkward as ... well ... using a Mac and PS3 controller for gaming.  Anyone successfully figure this out?
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?