News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: NoPa  ( 3,466 )

thehawk

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: NoPa
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2012, 04:25:49 PM »
Quote from: Fork on January 24, 2012, 12:50:18 PM
Quote from: Gilgamesh on January 24, 2012, 11:44:39 AM
Quote from: BH on January 24, 2012, 10:37:08 AM
With Joe dying, does this mean his previous testimony is thrown out? If so, would imagine the previous AD, president and police would just say that Joe never told them anything and walk?

As we've said in the SBox, his grand jury testimony is out (it was out anyway, since there was no cross), but this makes McQueary the principal witness.

I'll hang up and wait to hear from a real lawyer.

You should keep waiting, but I think that JoPa's testimony could be use to impeach a parties testimony.  So it cant be used as evidence that he told the President or AD in and of itself, but it could be brought in if either the President or AD claimed that JoPa never told them.
Andre Dawson paid his $1,000 fine for the Joe West incident with style. Dawson wrote ``Donation for the blind`` in the memo section of his personal check.

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2012, 05:21:55 PM »
Quote from: thehawk on January 24, 2012, 04:25:49 PM
With Joe dying, does this mean his previous testimony is thrown out? If so, would imagine the previous AD, president and police would just say that Joe never told them anything and walk?

As we've said in the SBox, his grand jury testimony is out (it was out anyway, since there was no cross), but this makes McQueary the principal witness.

You should keep waiting, but I think that JoPa's testimony could be use to impeach a parties testimony.  So it cant be used as evidence that he told the President or AD in and of itself, but it could be brought in if either the President or AD claimed that JoPa never told them.

The more I read and think about rule 804, I'm sure the State could make an argument to the judge that Paterno's testimony was against his interest and therefore, should be admissible.  Plus, the catchall of rule 807 could save the State, provided they have no other means to prove the facts against the AD and President.

Edit: PA doesn't have the residual exception.
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2012, 08:58:02 PM »
Quote from: Gilgamesh on January 24, 2012, 05:21:55 PM
Quote from: thehawk on January 24, 2012, 04:25:49 PM

You should keep waiting, but I think that JoPa's testimony could be use to impeach a parties testimony.  So it cant be used as evidence that he told the President or AD in and of itself, but it could be brought in if either the President or AD claimed that JoPa never told them.

The more I read and think about rule 804, I'm sure the State could make an argument to the judge that Paterno's testimony was against his interest and therefore, should be admissible.  Plus, the catchall of rule 807 could save the State, provided they have no other means to prove the facts against the AD and President.

Edit: PA doesn't have the residual exception.

Quiet Gil. The lawyers are talking.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.