News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Poll

With chaos as well as the NATO and G8 Summitts scheduled for Chicago that weekend, where will the Cubs-Sox games be held?

Wrigley Field, Chicago
Target Field, Minneapolis
Victory Field, Indianapolis
Sec Taylor Stadium, Des Moines
Ho Ho Kam Park, Mesa
Tokyo Dome, Tokyo
The Oval, London
Who cares? Blow the teams up for all I care.

Author Topic: NATO/BP Cup Clusterfuck Thread  ( 9,104 )

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
NATO/BP Cup Clusterfuck Thread
« on: February 09, 2012, 01:50:51 PM »
Just noticed the NATO/G8 Summits and Occupy Chicago Riots are scheduled the same weekend as the Cubs-Sox series at Wrigley. While not even beginning to process what havoc this will mean to the NHL and NBA Playoffs, remember that the G8 Summits forced the Blue Jays to play their home series against the Phillies in Philadelphia a couple years ago.

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Where will the Cubs host the White Sox this May?
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2012, 02:08:56 PM »
For what it's worth, during the 1968 Democratic Convention, the Cubs were on the road, and the White Sox played their homestand at County Stadium, thus avoiding the invasion of Abbie Hoffman.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2012, 03:07:34 PM »
This is all kinds of awesome. Hopefully the White Sox have to travel across town and their bus gets overturned by crazed protesters who them maim the entire team and then 40 years later they'll make a bad movie about it starring Matthew McConaughey.

Did anyone just notice that his name has 'ghey' at the end? That's funny.

morpheus

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2012, 03:13:20 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on February 09, 2012, 03:07:34 PM
This is all kinds of awesome. Hopefully the White Sox have to travel across town and their bus gets overturned by crazed protesters who them maim the entire team and then 40 years later they'll make a bad movie about it starring Matthew McConaughey.

My God, the movie potential is amazing.  Call it "Don't Stop Believin'".  Heck, maybe your beloved Glee cast would sing on the movie soundtrack.  I'm starting to feel a movie poster coming on...
I don't get that KurtEvans photoshop.

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2012, 03:50:01 PM »
Quote from: morpheus on February 09, 2012, 03:13:20 PM

My God, the movie potential is amazing.  Call it "Don't Stop Believin'".  Heck, maybe your beloved Glee cast would sing on the movie soundtrack.  I'm starting to feel a movie poster coming on...

"Win or die tryin'"

PenPho

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2012, 04:49:34 PM »

I think that's just your bladder.
"I use exit numbers because they tell me how many miles are left since they're based off of the molested"

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2012, 07:26:39 PM »
Quote from: Brownie on February 09, 2012, 01:50:51 PM
Just noticed the NATO/G8 Summits and Occupy Chicago Riots are scheduled the same weekend as the Cubs-Sox series at Wrigley. While not even beginning to process what havoc this will mean to the NHL and NBA Playoffs, remember that the G8 Summits forced the Blue Jays to play their home series against the Phillies in Philadelphia a couple years ago.

Too lazy to look. Is Milwaukee playing at home and thus not in the poll?
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Tony

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2012, 08:50:56 PM »
I vote for the U.S. Steel Yard.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2012, 09:02:40 PM »
Quote from: Sterling Archer on February 09, 2012, 07:26:39 PM

TJ doesn't overlook these things so I assume yes.

Waco Kid

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2012, 07:07:51 AM »

I'ts our turn.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2012, 08:30:05 AM »

As long as it ends with Bo Jackson and Brian Bosworth having a shirtless hug atop Mount Rushmore.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2012, 12:27:20 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on February 09, 2012, 09:02:40 PM
Quote from: Sterling Archer on February 09, 2012, 07:26:39 PM

TJ doesn't overlook these things so I assume yes.

Brewers host the Twins. Thus, Target Field is available. I didn't check on the urinal cake II.

Shooter

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2012, 06:56:09 PM »
Houston, as some sort of karmic payback?

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2012, 03:45:12 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on March 05, 2012, 03:24:21 PM
The answer is Wrigley Field!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/03/05/g8-summit-moved_n_1322076.html?ref=chicago

I think we should still riot and loot and set shit off here in Chicago regardless. Why should we miss out on all the fun?
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.