News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Poll

With chaos as well as the NATO and G8 Summitts scheduled for Chicago that weekend, where will the Cubs-Sox games be held?

Wrigley Field, Chicago
Target Field, Minneapolis
Victory Field, Indianapolis
Sec Taylor Stadium, Des Moines
Ho Ho Kam Park, Mesa
Tokyo Dome, Tokyo
The Oval, London
Who cares? Blow the teams up for all I care.

Author Topic: NATO/BP Cup Clusterfuck Thread  ( 9,103 )

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Where will the Cubs host the White Sox this May?
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2012, 06:35:00 PM »
Darn.  Mrs. Cubbieblue and I will be in Chicago that weekend and were looking forward to a nice riot.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2012, 06:40:01 PM »
Quote from: CBStew on March 05, 2012, 06:35:00 PM
Darn.  Mrs. Cubbieblue and I will be in Chicago that weekend and were looking forward to a nice riot.

Well, the NATO summit will apparently still be here that Sunday and Monday.
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2012, 07:48:20 PM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on March 05, 2012, 06:40:01 PM
Quote from: CBStew on March 05, 2012, 06:35:00 PM

Well, the NATO summit will apparently still be here that Sunday and Monday.

A riot against NATO doesn't have the same appeal.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

BC

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
    • bricrozier@hotmail.com
« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2012, 10:32:26 PM »
Quote from: CBStew on March 05, 2012, 07:48:20 PM
A riot against NATO doesn't have the same appeal.

Correct. We can all get hacked off at the other G8 nations, but it would be awful to even consider protesting against a group that calls Poland and Denmark as members.
Desipio is a free-flowing website that occasionally touches on the immaturity, foolishness and outright stupidity of its readership.

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2012, 08:50:24 AM »
A noted Chicago baseball expert notes that the northern suburbs will be secure, possibly making Duke Childs Field in Winnetka an option?

Wow. Is Diamond Gems dead, replaced by calls to sleepy suburban police departments who confuse Queen Elizabeth driving down Dempster with Lady Di's motorcade going down Dempster?

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2012, 08:57:57 AM »
I think this is as good a thread as any to make the NATO clusterfuck thread. Fight in Bridgeport between a bunch of anarchists and 80-year-old Sox fans (it's a shame a side had to lose) last night during a protest March gone bad. The closure of the CHICAGO RIVER! The Fox Lake Metra Station featuring tighter security than Ben Guiron Airport.

My wife getting Monday and possibly Friday off because she works in the Equitable Building while the absence of threats to Niles means I have to work both days.

NATO leaders possibly threatening to break away from any alliance with the U.S. and nuke us to the stone age after being forced to watch in person the Cubs (Dempster 0-1) vs. the White Sox (Danks 2-4) with the meatballs in full glory.

Anyone planning on attending any of those games? Anyone planning on leaving town? Anyone (I'm looking at you J. Walter Weatherman) planning to protest?

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2012, 09:30:49 AM »
Quote from: Brownie on May 16, 2012, 08:57:57 AM

Anyone (I'm looking at you J. Walter Weatherman) planning to protest?

Where does Crane live?
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: NATO/BP Cup Clusterfuck Thread
« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2012, 09:49:25 AM »
Whoa man. J. Walter is a TAXOLIB HOMOCRAT. You want ANARCHOFAG OCCUBOMBER, you call a Bort.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2012, 09:54:45 AM »
Quote from: Bort on May 16, 2012, 09:49:25 AM
Whoa man. J. Walter is a TAXOLIB HOMOCRAT. You want ANARCHOFAG OCCUBOMBER, you call a Bort.

Bort? You mean the guy in the polo over there picking out a mini-van for his burgeoning suburban family? Doesn't sound like an anarchist to me.

*eagerly awaits Morph photoshop of Bort protesting with a baby bjorn strapped to his chest.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #24 on: May 16, 2012, 09:56:58 AM »

J. Walter is a protest profiteer, amirite?

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #25 on: May 16, 2012, 09:59:17 AM »
Quote from: SKO on May 16, 2012, 09:54:45 AM

Bort? You mean the guy in the polo over there picking out a mini-van for his burgeoning suburban family? Doesn't sound like an anarchist to me.

Just ask any Marxist Stooge: scratch an anarchist, find a Petit Bourgeois.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #26 on: May 16, 2012, 10:48:25 AM »

So was J. Walter among the 300 or so goofs that were just chanting outside the CBOT?
"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #27 on: May 16, 2012, 11:03:01 AM »
Quote from: flannj on May 16, 2012, 10:48:25 AM

So was J. Walter among the 300 or so goofs that were just chanting outside the CBOT?

This image of Thrill as omnipresent Chicago protester is one that has kept me chuckling for the better part of the morning.
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #28 on: May 16, 2012, 11:11:31 AM »
Quote from: Brownie on May 16, 2012, 08:57:57 AM
I think this is as good a thread as any to make the NATO clusterfuck thread. Fight in Bridgeport between a bunch of anarchists and 80-year-old Sox fans (it's a shame a side had to lose) last night during a protest March gone bad. The closure of the CHICAGO RIVER! The Fox Lake Metra Station featuring tighter security than Ben Guiron Airport.

My wife getting Monday and possibly Friday off because she works in the Equitable Building while the absence of threats to Niles means I have to work both days.

NATO leaders possibly threatening to break away from any alliance with the U.S. and nuke us to the stone age after being forced to watch in person the Cubs (Dempster 0-1) vs. the White Sox (Danks 2-4) with the meatballs in full glory.

Anyone planning on attending any of those games? Anyone planning on leaving town? Anyone (I'm looking at you J. Walter Weatherman) planning to protest?

He's not just a Weatherman by internet alias.

PenPho

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #29 on: May 16, 2012, 11:16:30 AM »
Quote from: Gilgamesh on May 16, 2012, 11:03:01 AM
Quote from: flannj on May 16, 2012, 10:48:25 AM

This image of Thrill as omnipresent Chicago protester is one that has kept me chuckling for the better part of the morning.

"I use exit numbers because they tell me how many miles are left since they're based off of the molested"