News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: NBA Hoop Thread (Non-Fro Dog Edition)  ( 91,137 )

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: NBA Hoop Thread (Non-Fro Dog Edition)
« Reply #30 on: February 23, 2012, 01:33:00 PM »
I for one welcome Apex's foray into NBA analysis. Mostly because he's outanalysisalyzed resident experts PenFoe and BH and made them all hindsore in the process. The Spurs argument is really quite simple if you've got a big brain, like me.

1. This season is different than other NBA seasons.
2. The Spurs are better equipped than other teams in their basketball conference to adapt to said different type of season.

The Heat scare me shitless because they're better than last year. Which means the Bulls need to not only have improved enough to beat last year's Heat, they need to have improved some more on top of that improvement if they want to match dongs with the Heat. I don't think a healthy Rip is enough improvement juice to beat the Heat at basketball.

PenPho

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #31 on: February 23, 2012, 01:39:04 PM »
Quote from: R-V on February 23, 2012, 01:33:00 PM
I for one welcome Apex's foray into NBA analysis. Mostly because he's outanalysisalyzed resident experts PenFoe and BH and made them all hindsore in the process. The Spurs argument is really quite simple if you've got a big brain, like me.

2. The Spurs are better equipped than other teams in their basketball conference to adapt to said different type of season.

The Heat scare me shitless because they're better than last year. Which means the Bulls need to not only have improved enough to beat last year's Heat, they need to have improved some more on top of that improvement if they want to match dongs with the Heat. I don't think a healthy Rip is enough improvement juice to beat the Heat at basketball.

Except for the post-season, which isn't different.
"I use exit numbers because they tell me how many miles are left since they're based off of the molested"

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #32 on: February 23, 2012, 01:47:59 PM »
Quote from: PenPho on February 23, 2012, 01:39:04 PM

If the Spurs are healthy, they'll be in the Western finals. TWEET THAT
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

PenPho

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #33 on: February 23, 2012, 01:55:11 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on February 23, 2012, 01:47:59 PM

Also, as long as we're rolling with the theory that "This season is completely different from all other seasons", it's worth noting that, at the half-way point, 14 of last year's 16 playoff team would be in the playoffs today.

Only differences are swapping the Hornets for the Clippers (Chris Paul) and swapping the Nuggets for the Rockets.
"I use exit numbers because they tell me how many miles are left since they're based off of the molested"

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #34 on: February 23, 2012, 01:57:24 PM »
Quote from: PenPho on February 23, 2012, 01:55:11 PM

Also, as long as we're rolling with the theory that "This season is completely different from all other seasons", it's worth noting that, at the half-way point, 14 of last year's 16 playoff team would be in the playoffs today.

Only differences are swapping the Hornets for the Clippers (Chris Paul) and swapping the Rockets for the Nuggets.

Shocking. What with the truncated free agent signing and trading period and all.

PenPho

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #35 on: February 23, 2012, 01:58:29 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on February 23, 2012, 01:57:24 PM

Only differences are swapping the Hornets for the Clippers (Chris Paul) and swapping the Rockets for the Nuggets.

Shocking. What with the truncated free agent signing and trading period and all.

So then it's not different, or it is? 
Or it's different but it hasn't resulted in any differences? 

Richard Chuggar

• TJG is back!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #36 on: February 23, 2012, 02:01:59 PM »
Quote from: PenPho on February 23, 2012, 01:58:29 PM
Quote from: Internet Apex on February 23, 2012, 01:57:24 PM

So then it's not different, or it is? 
Or it's different but it hasn't resulted in any differences? 

It's different in the fact that this year Apex cares.  He's wrong, like in the past, but this year he CARES about teams that are the good ones! 
Because when you're fighting for your man, experience is a mutha'.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #37 on: February 23, 2012, 02:35:53 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on February 23, 2012, 01:26:15 PM
Knicks at Miami this evening on TNT. Magic Johnson on ESPN last night said that the Heat will likely be angry about an upstart Knicks squad boasting a hot streak and a new "superstar" invading their space. He predicted a Miami blowout. As do I - not just for the reasons Magic stated but because the Knicks just played the Hawks last night while Miami was sitting at home annihlating its pud and watching the LINsanity unfold on teh flatscreen.

Miami by a dozen and I'll bet anybody in the world a jar of spaghetti sauce on the point spread.

I don't disagree with you at all on this one.

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #38 on: February 23, 2012, 03:40:33 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on February 23, 2012, 02:35:53 PM
Knicks at Miami this evening on TNT. Magic Johnson on ESPN last night said that the Heat will likely be angry about an upstart Knicks squad boasting a hot streak and a new "superstar" invading their space. He predicted a Miami blowout. As do I - not just for the reasons Magic stated but because the Knicks just played the Hawks last night while Miami was sitting at home annihlating its pud and watching the LINsanity unfold on teh flatscreen.

Miami by a dozen and I'll bet anybody in the world a jar of spaghetti sauce on the point spread.

I don't disagree with you at all on this one.

This little chart tells me all I need to know about who's winning tonight.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #39 on: February 23, 2012, 03:53:18 PM »
Did you get that from FroDog?

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #40 on: February 23, 2012, 04:15:34 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on February 23, 2012, 03:53:18 PM

Your mom gave it up.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #41 on: February 23, 2012, 04:38:30 PM »
Quote from: BH on February 23, 2012, 04:15:34 PM

Your mom gave it up.

Pried it out of her cold, dead snatch? You brute.

PenPho

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #42 on: February 23, 2012, 04:53:53 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on February 23, 2012, 04:38:30 PM
Quote from: BH on February 23, 2012, 04:15:34 PM

Your mom gave it up.

Pried it out of her cold, dead snatch? You brute.

If this was anywhere other than here, this would be awkward.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #43 on: February 24, 2012, 08:42:30 AM »

You're so wrong.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #44 on: February 24, 2012, 11:39:47 AM »
Quote from: Eli on February 24, 2012, 08:42:30 AM

You're so wrong.

Well, i would of been spot on if those evil backstabbing turds didn't run up the score.