News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: When The Garden Was Eden  ( 1,543 )

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
When The Garden Was Eden
« on: April 07, 2012, 09:57:42 AM »
Harvey Araton's book on the championship Knicks of the 1970s.  Pretty good read, although Araton is writing as a fan rather than from an objective viewpoint.  Also, most of the attempts to tie the team into the civil unrest of the times fall a bit flat.

Read it: for the terrific profiles on the various coaches, players, opponents and fans around the team at during that era.

Don't read: the last two chapters essentially lapse into rampant meatballism of DESE GUYS TODAY DON'T PLAY DA GAME LIKE WILLIS AND FRAZIER DID, EXCEPT FOR DA CELTICS NOW SOMETIMES BUT ONLY WHEN THEY WIN.

Do read the epilogue though.

Anyway, I'd recommend this for: Apex and Forklift, plus anybody interested in NBA history.

Not recommended for: People who think that New York sports fans could not be any more insufferable.  Surprise!  They can.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: When The Garden Was Eden
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2012, 06:16:46 PM »

Harvey Araton is a fucking twerp.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16