News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Safe House  ( 1,291 )

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Safe House
« on: March 12, 2012, 12:46:14 PM »
Maybe it is just me.  If I play tag for a half hour with my grandchildren I need a day or two to recover.  But movie stars can get shot, stabbed and tortured and in the next scene they are as good as new, running faster than a speeding locomotive and leaping tall buildings in a single bound.  The action in this movie takes place in less than 24 hours.  The hero is repeatedly beaten and stabbed but shows up (spoiler alert) in the final scenes that have to take place within at most a day or two of that with no bruises, scars or noticeable limp.  Miraculous!  Setting that minor quibble aside, if you like fuzzy photography so close to the actors that you can't tell who is getting run over or by what; dialogue that is so alternately loud or soft and mumbled that you can't make out what was said, this movie so right up your alley.  This is one of the bloodiest action movies that I have ever seen.  Probably not a good choice for a first date.  If you like the movie and your date observes you liking the movie, then unless she is into big time s and m she is going to develop a splitting headache and insist on going home as soon as she steps into the aisle on the way out of the theater.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Richard Chuggar

• TJG is back!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
Re: Safe House
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2012, 12:48:25 PM »
Quote from: CBStew on March 12, 2012, 12:46:14 PM
Maybe it is just me.  If I play tag for a half hour with my grandchildren I need a day or two to recover.  But movie stars can get shot, stabbed and tortured and in the next scene they are as good as new, running faster than a speeding locomotive and leaping tall buildings in a single bound.  The action in this movie takes place in less than 24 hours.  The hero is repeatedly beaten and stabbed but shows up (spoiler alert) in the final scenes that have to take place within at most a day or two of that with no bruises, scars or noticeable limp.  Miraculous!  Setting that minor quibble aside, if you like fuzzy photography so close to the actors that you can't tell who is getting run over or by what; dialogue that is so alternately loud or soft and mumbled that you can't make out what was said, this movie so right up your alley.  This is one of the bloodiest action movies that I have ever seen.  Probably not a good choice for a first date.  If you like the movie and your date observes you liking the movie, then unless she is into big time s and m she is going to develop a splitting headache and insist on going home as soon as she steps into the aisle on the way out of the theater.

It's you
Because when you're fighting for your man, experience is a mutha'.

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Safe House
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2012, 12:32:59 PM »
I agree, Stew.  But apparently, Ryan Reynolds is handsome or something and the wife just had to see it.
IAN/YETI 2012!  "IT MEANS WHAT WE SAY IT MEANS!"