News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The Ludicrous Lucroy Luggage Liaison,  ( 15,023 )

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: The Ludicrous Lucroy Luggage Liaison,
« Reply #30 on: May 07, 2014, 01:43:13 PM »
I thought the purpose of lunge exercises was to prevent groin injuries, Mr. Strop.  Or weren't you wearing your strop.

"Setup reliever Pedro Strop had to leave the game with a 1-1 count on Alejandro De Aza. Strop revealed after the game that he has been nagged by a groin injury suffered five days ago while performing lunge exercises, and an MRI scheduled for Wednesday will determine the extent of the injury."
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #31 on: June 18, 2014, 02:08:20 AM »
For those of you who haven't yet seen the Lucroy anti-Deadbirds All Star campaign video, here it is.  The crying baby soundtrack literally made me LOL.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #32 on: September 12, 2015, 06:33:15 PM »
QuoteNationals righty Drew Storen broke the thumb on his throwing hand on Wednesday and is likely out for the rest of the season, manager Matt Williams says, via Chelsea Janes of the Washington Post. The break occurred when Storen slammed a locker door after giving up a two-run homer to Yoenis Cespedes.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #33 on: October 14, 2016, 04:05:14 PM »
This one's for you, Stew.

CLEVELAND -- Another day, another rotation issue for the Indians. This time, it was Trevor Bauer's hobby of building drones that has cost Cleveland at a critical time.

The Indians announced on Friday that Bauer sustained a non-baseball related injury to his right pinkie finger that required multiple stitches. As a result, Cleveland has flip-flopped Bauer and Josh Tomlin in the planned rotation against the Blue Jays in the American League Championship Series, which begins with Game 1 on Friday (8 p.m. ET on TBS in the U.S., Sportsnet and RDS in Canada).

Bauer, who originally was supposed to start Game 2 on Saturday, will now start Game 3 on Monday in Toronto. Tomlin will start in place of Bauer in Game 2 at Progressive Field. The change will give Bauer 10 days of rest between starts, and an additional three days off after injuring his pitching hand on Thursday night.

Chris Antonetti, the Indians' president of baseball operations, said that Bauer injured his pinkie finger while repairing one of his drones. The pitcher designs and builds drones, which he flies in his spare time.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #34 on: October 15, 2016, 10:10:32 AM »
Quote from: Saul Goodman on October 14, 2016, 04:05:14 PM

CLEVELAND -- Another day, another rotation issue for the Indians. This time, it was Trevor Bauer's hobby of building drones that has cost Cleveland at a critical time.

The Indians announced on Friday that Bauer sustained a non-baseball related injury to his right pinkie finger that required multiple stitches. As a result, Cleveland has flip-flopped Bauer and Josh Tomlin in the planned rotation against the Blue Jays in the American League Championship Series, which begins with Game 1 on Friday (8 p.m. ET on TBS in the U.S., Sportsnet and RDS in Canada).

Bauer, who originally was supposed to start Game 2 on Saturday, will now start Game 3 on Monday in Toronto. Tomlin will start in place of Bauer in Game 2 at Progressive Field. The change will give Bauer 10 days of rest between starts, and an additional three days off after injuring his pitching hand on Thursday night.

Chris Antonetti, the Indians' president of baseball operations, said that Bauer injured his pinkie finger while repairing one of his drones. The pitcher designs and builds drones, which he flies in his spare time.

Stew's last post was shortly after the heart-stopping comeback on Tuesday.  I hope he's okay.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

CBStew

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #35 on: October 15, 2016, 11:52:25 AM »
Quote from: Cannonball Titcomb on October 15, 2016, 10:10:32 AM

Stew's last post was shortly after the heart-stopping comeback on Tuesday.  I hope he's okay.
I haven't seen any new movies lately, so I have nothing to contribute.  I am also struggling in the writing a brief in a case before the California Supreme Court and I have a severe case of writer's block. 
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #36 on: October 15, 2016, 04:38:36 PM »
Quote from: CBStew on October 15, 2016, 11:52:25 AM

I haven't seen any new movies lately, so I have nothing to contribute.  I am also struggling in the writing a brief in a case before the California Supreme Court and I have a severe case of writer's block. 

You can learn a thing or two from "My Cousin Vinny".
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

CBStew

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #37 on: October 15, 2016, 08:21:26 PM »
Quote from: Quality Start Machine on October 15, 2016, 04:38:36 PM

Joe Pesci is my role model.

Armchair_QB

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #38 on: October 16, 2016, 12:16:46 AM »
Quote from: Quality Start Machine on October 15, 2016, 04:38:36 PM

Everything that guy just said is bullshit.
"I never read this book the Cardinals wrote way back in the day regarding how to play baseball."

CBStew

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #39 on: October 16, 2016, 02:18:53 PM »

Last night I woke at 2:30 am with a brilliant idea for my brief.  This morning I went to the computer to incorporate it into my brief.  When I looked at it in black and white it was not so much.  Maybe I wasn't awake at 2:30 and simply dreamt it. 

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #40 on: October 16, 2016, 03:42:37 PM »
Quote from: CBStew on October 16, 2016, 02:18:53 PM

Last night I woke at 2:30 am with a brilliant idea for my brief.  This morning I went to the computer to incorporate it into my brief.  When I looked at it in black and white it was not so much.  Maybe I wasn't awake at 2:30 and simply dreamt it. 

Try tweeting at 3:00 AM. You might get the nomination of a political party,

CBStew

• Johnny Evers Fan Club

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #42 on: January 09, 2017, 09:43:50 AM »
Quick reminder: Lucroy turned down being traded to Cleveland.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #43 on: January 09, 2017, 02:29:09 PM »
Quote from: Quality Start Machine on January 09, 2017, 09:43:50 AM

...when he learned Yan Gomes would still be the starter despite his being bad and Lucroy being good. How dare he.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #44 on: January 09, 2017, 02:54:51 PM »
Quote from: Saul Goodman on January 09, 2017, 02:29:09 PM
Quote from: Quality Start Machine on January 09, 2017, 09:43:50 AM

...when he learned Yan Gomes would still be the starter despite his being bad and Lucroy being good. How dare he.

Yeah, the Indians owe more Gomes more money and are committed to him longer and would have used Lucroy at first base and DH next year in his FA walk year, when he has way more value as a catcher. He made the best decision for himself financially and it's not like the Rangers suck.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015