News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The Ludicrous Lucroy Luggage Liaison,  ( 14,987 )

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: The Ludicrous Lucroy Luggage Liaison,
« Reply #45 on: January 09, 2017, 03:31:21 PM »
Quote from: SKO on January 09, 2017, 02:54:51 PM
Quote from: Saul Goodman on January 09, 2017, 02:29:09 PM
Quote from: Quality Start Machine on January 09, 2017, 09:43:50 AM
Quick reminder: Lucroy turned down being traded to Cleveland.

...when he learned Yan Gomes would still be the starter despite his being bad and Lucroy being good. How dare he.

Yeah, the Indians owe more Gomes more money and are committed to him longer and would have used Lucroy at first base and DH next year in his FA walk year, when he has way more value as a catcher. He made the best decision for himself financially and it's not like the Rangers suck.

Until the day I die I will genuinely have warm feelings for Yan Gomes because of that 98th inning At-Bat he gave away to Chapman when we were staring straight into the goddamn abyss.  God bless Yan.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #46 on: January 09, 2017, 03:38:05 PM »
Quote from: Cannonball Titcomb on January 09, 2017, 03:31:21 PM

...when he learned Yan Gomes would still be the starter despite his being bad and Lucroy being good. How dare he.

Yeah, the Indians owe more Gomes more money and are committed to him longer and would have used Lucroy at first base and DH next year in his FA walk year, when he has way more value as a catcher. He made the best decision for himself financially and it's not like the Rangers suck.

Until the day I die I will genuinely have warm feelings for Yan Gomes because of that 9th inning At-Bat he gave away to Chapman when we were staring straight into the goddamn abyss.  God bless Yan.

I couldn't tell you who batted in that 9th inning except maybe I think Santana was the one that hit the foul ball that thanks to the camera angles looked like it was most definitely a walk off dong. I spent that entire inning in the fetal position.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #47 on: January 09, 2017, 03:58:53 PM »
Quote from: SKO on January 09, 2017, 03:38:05 PM

Until the day I die I will genuinely have warm feelings for Yan Gomes because of that 9th inning At-Bat he gave away to Chapman when we were staring straight into the goddamn abyss.  God bless Yan.

I couldn't tell you who batted in that 9th inning except maybe I think Santana was the one that hit the foul ball that thanks to the camera angles looked like it was most definitely a walk off dong. I spent that entire inning in the fetal position.

The only thing of which I have any recollection is Bryant picking and throwing to Tony Ballgame, and that's only because I've seen it a hundred times since.  That whole thing is a complete fucking blur.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #48 on: January 09, 2017, 04:14:08 PM »

Kipnis.

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #49 on: January 09, 2017, 04:15:31 PM »

That was Kipnis. I had a similar 9th inning experience, but CSN one night had a "behind the scenes" of Game 7 of the World Series, which was the stories of all the CSN people we love to mock. If Andy Dolan missed this, I am sure his life is a little less complete. Apparently, Hollandsworth was thisclose to finding a shin guard to bludgeon Kaplan to a bloody pulp after Rajai Davis' home run. Kaplan probably would have been better off watching the game in seclusion. They then go to Kaplan who spent 25 minutes explaining his feelings as Kipnis hit that ball that looked like it was going to be trouble before it went foul 1.8 seconds later. Kaplan was ready to pull a Dan Rather had Kipnis' ball gone out.

Gomes batted with Crisp on first and two outs in the 8th, three runs already in. Chapman started 2-0 with a pair of high fastballs.
Then Gomes swung at a terrible 89 MPH slider that was low and inside.
Then he swung at an 88 mph slider in the dirt.

Then he failed to check his swing at a 99 high and outside fastball with Crisp running (Crisp had the base stolen). Santana led off the ninth.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #50 on: January 09, 2017, 04:21:58 PM »
Quote from: Tonker on January 09, 2017, 03:58:53 PM

The only thing of which I have any recollection is Bryant picking and throwing to Tony Ballgame, and that's only because I've seen it a hundred times since.  That whole thing is a complete fucking blur.

I remember collapsing face down on the floor when Lindor threw out Fowler.  That's why I was SURE I misheard when they said Chapman was returning for the bottom of the ninth. I laid there through the bottom of the inning, and forced myself to get up and watch once it went to rain delay.  I remember being absolutely certain Zobrist would get a hit when he did, and I remember being apoplectic when they didn't send him home from 2nd base on Miggy's single.  

After that I don't remember anything clearly until Mike Montgomery strode in from the bullpen to save to us all.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #51 on: January 09, 2017, 05:18:51 PM »
My bad--Yan Gomes struck out in the 8th inning, not 9th.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #52 on: January 10, 2017, 09:03:54 AM »
When Davis hit the HR, I burst into laughter and said, "one more fucking thing."

I figured Chapman losing the game and running off to the Bronx would have been the perfect addition to Cubs lore.

Fortunately, Schwarber, Rizzo, Zobrist and Montero didn't see it that way.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #53 on: February 14, 2017, 01:54:34 PM »
Quote from: @rustindoddBrian Flynn fell through the roof of his barn in days before camp, Ned Yost said. Suffered broken rib and some other injuries. Out 8 weeks.

Happy spring training, Stew.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #54 on: February 14, 2017, 02:16:58 PM »
Quote from: Saul Goodman on February 14, 2017, 01:54:34 PM
Quote from: @rustindoddBrian Flynn fell through the roof of his barn in days before camp, Ned Yost said. Suffered broken rib and some other injuries. Out 8 weeks.

Happy spring training, Stew.

Worked out well for Travis Wood.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #55 on: March 23, 2017, 05:52:10 PM »
Odds on this being the result of a mishap during shower sex?
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #56 on: March 24, 2017, 11:27:26 AM »
Quote from: Quality Start Machine on March 23, 2017, 05:52:10 PM

Gonna need a scouting report on how his technique looks before I can answer.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #57 on: March 24, 2017, 06:49:15 PM »
Quote from: Saul Goodman on March 24, 2017, 11:27:26 AM
Quote from: Quality Start Machine on March 23, 2017, 05:52:10 PM

Gonna need a scouting report on how his technique looks before I can answer.

Guessing no shower slippers.
TIME TO POST!

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #58 on: May 01, 2017, 10:32:36 AM »
Not sure how we didn't post the MadBum dirtbike injury in this thread, so there's that.

But also the entire Mets organization, basically.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #59 on: May 01, 2017, 12:16:09 PM »
Quote from: SKO on May 01, 2017, 10:32:36 AM
Not sure how we didn't post the MadBum dirtbike injury in this thread, so there's that.

But also the entire Mets organization, basically.

Remember having to watch that fearsome rotation buzzsaw our beloved Cubes during the 2015 NLCS? It feels like ten years ago.