News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The Anthony Rizzo DongFest Thread  ( 69,374 )

morpheus

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: The Anthony Rizzo __________Fest Thread
« Reply #30 on: June 30, 2012, 09:33:05 PM »
Quote from: Sterling Archer on June 30, 2012, 05:40:38 PM
Quote from: Tollbooth Yeti on June 24, 2012, 10:16:45 AM
He gonna suck

Bumped for a two-run FYY

The fact that we do not have an open "FYY" thread is one of the great injustices of our time.
I don't get that KurtEvans photoshop.

Shooter

• Fukakke Fan Club
Re: The Anthony Rizzo __________Fest Thread
« Reply #31 on: June 30, 2012, 11:43:19 PM »
Quote from: morpheus on June 30, 2012, 09:33:05 PM
Quote from: Sterling Archer on June 30, 2012, 05:40:38 PM
Quote from: Tollbooth Yeti on June 24, 2012, 10:16:45 AM
He gonna suck

Bumped for a two-run FYY

The fact that we do not have an open "FYY" thread is one of the great injustices of our time.

We do have this: link

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: The Anthony Rizzo DongFest Thread
« Reply #32 on: July 02, 2012, 08:41:23 PM »
Fuck me?

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #33 on: July 02, 2012, 09:51:26 PM »
Why aren't CastroBombs FYY material?  I'm cornfused.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #34 on: July 02, 2012, 09:54:49 PM »
Quote from: PANK! on July 02, 2012, 09:51:26 PM
Why aren't CastroBombs FYY material?  I'm cornfused.

Aren't we waiting for Epstink to sign Starlin to a 9-year extension that includes the most restrictive no-trade clause in history to FYC in a way neither Corey Patterson nor Soriano were capable of producing?

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #35 on: July 02, 2012, 10:04:41 PM »
Quote from: Brownie on July 02, 2012, 09:54:49 PM
Why aren't CastroBombs FYY material?  I'm cornfused.

Aren't we waiting for Epstink to sign Starlin to a 9-year extension that includes the most restrictive no-trade clause in history to FYC in a way neither Corey Patterson nor Soriano were capable of producing?

Not sure but back on topic for a sec--until now I hadn't actually seen Rizzo's first HR on Saturday.  Kind of sweet that it followed a two-out, opposite field single by Starlin, and way awesome that he nearly hit out on to Sheffield-- a more difficult task than reaching the streets in left-- but I confess to being slightly uncomfortable with his pose/strut.  I mean, I don't mind rooting for a douche if it means a championship, but given a choice, I'd likelike for my guys not to be douches.  Tell me what a prick I'm being.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #36 on: July 02, 2012, 10:10:29 PM »
Quote from: PANK! on July 02, 2012, 10:04:41 PM

Not sure but back on topic for a sec--until now I hadn't actually seen Rizzo's first HR on Saturday.  Kind of sweet that it followed a two-out, opposite field single by Starlin, and way awesome that he nearly hit out on to Sheffield-- a more difficult task than reaching the streets in left-- but I confess to being slightly uncomfortable with his pose/strut.  I mean, I don't mind rooting for a douche if it means a championship, but given a choice, I'd likelike for my guys not to be douches.  Tell me what a prick I'm being.

Whatever you're being, it's certainly not a meatball.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #37 on: July 02, 2012, 10:18:22 PM »
Quote from: CT III on July 02, 2012, 10:10:29 PM

Whatever you're being, it's certainly not a meatball.

ACK LIKE YOO BIN DERE BEFORE, LIKE WALTER!

(Screw you, Eli)

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #38 on: July 03, 2012, 07:23:31 AM »

What in the fucking fuck?
IAN/YETI 2012!  "IT MEANS WHAT WE SAY IT MEANS!"

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #39 on: July 03, 2012, 07:32:39 AM »

Seriously - all Hoyer gave up was Cashner for this guy?
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #40 on: July 03, 2012, 08:37:12 AM »
Quote from: Fork on July 03, 2012, 07:32:39 AM

Whoa there. Let's see what he does over a full season or two. There's still time for Cashner to win twelve Cy Youngs while Rizzo defaults to LaRochian mediocrity.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #41 on: July 03, 2012, 08:51:45 AM »
Quote from: Fork on July 03, 2012, 07:32:39 AM

And Adrian Gonzalez.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #42 on: July 03, 2012, 09:09:39 AM »

Didn't you ride the Big Z wagon til the wheels fell off with the rest of us? How many championships did that thing garner? Not that it was Z's fault that he was the only player on the team who showed up for both playoff sweeps in the late oughts. But there probably was no larger douche than that guy and boy did we love him just the same. What are you turning into?

Also, that was a go-ahead dong. You do what you gotta do in that situation. It's not showing anybody up. If a player acts like that in garbage time, that's when they get plunked for it. Unless they're Sammy Sosa. Seemed like he could do whatever the fuck he wanted.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #43 on: July 03, 2012, 09:18:26 AM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on July 03, 2012, 09:09:39 AM

Didn't you ride the Big Z wagon til the wheels fell off with the rest of us? How many championships did that thing garner? Not that it was Z's fault that he was the only player on the team who showed up for both playoff sweeps in the late oughts. But there probably was no larger douche than that guy and boy did we love him just the same. What are you turning into?

Also, that was a go-ahead dong. You do what you gotta do in that situation. It's not showing anybody up. If a player acts like that in garbage time, that's when they get plunked for it. Unless they're Sammy Sosa. Seemed like he could do whatever the fuck he wanted.

Also, it was gone as soon as he hit it--like I said, it takes a poke to reach Sheffield so it had to be an awesome feeling to hit what you know right away is a legit HR in any ballpark.  

Just wanted to check it out, get it on record, that's all.  

Also for the record, and back to the sploosh, I wanted to note this play .  This was before said first  homerun and kept the score 1-0.  Helluva play.  Scooped a grounder on a tough hop, makes the decision to throw home and throws a strike.  Any indecision on that play results in the run scoring and possibly an error.  I already love how this kid plays.

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #44 on: July 03, 2012, 09:22:21 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on July 03, 2012, 09:18:26 AM
Quote from: Internet Apex on July 03, 2012, 09:09:39 AM

Also, it was gone as soon as he hit it--like I said, it takes a poke to reach Sheffield so it had to be an awesome feeling to hit what you know right away is a legit HR in any ballpark.  

Just wanted to check it out, get it on record, that's all.  

Also for the record, and back to the sploosh, I wanted to note this play .  This was before said first  homerun and kept the score 1-0.  Helluva play.  Scooped a grounder on a tough hop, makes the decision to throw home and throws a strike.  Any indecision on that play results in the run scoring and possibly an error.  I already love how this kid plays.

You just hate his attitude? Good God man.