News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The Anthony Rizzo DongFest Thread  ( 69,361 )

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: The Anthony Rizzo DongFest Thread
« Reply #466 on: April 13, 2017, 03:43:41 PM »
Dong bump
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #467 on: April 13, 2017, 06:31:16 PM »
Quote from: SKO on April 13, 2017, 03:43:41 PM
Dong bump
I remember the Bash Brothers bumping their forearms, but dong bumping?  Really?
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #468 on: April 21, 2017, 10:27:56 PM »
Anthony Rizzo put the Reds in the garbage where they belong.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #469 on: April 22, 2017, 07:16:39 AM »
Any homer that gets Thom doing his best Sulkin Hawk Harrelson impersonation is a good one:
https://twitter.com/RonanOShea/status/855611279330902016?s=09
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #470 on: April 22, 2017, 12:23:59 PM »
Quote from: SKO on April 22, 2017, 07:16:39 AM
Any homer that gets Thom doing his best Sulkin Hawk Harrelson impersonation is a good one:

I'd love to hear the call this afternoon.
"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #471 on: April 22, 2017, 12:35:49 PM »

He's such a miserable bastard. I watched the Reds' feed for the bottom of the 8th and top of the 9th. He spent almost all of it being negative, nitpicky, snarky, sarcastic, and bitter. He was bitching about the Cubs questioning the home plate umpire on some of those strikes being called. He especially went after Schwarber and his color man added, "hashtag stop whining." They were oh-so-smug about winning. tHom also sounds like he thinks he's recording dialogue for a baseball video game. He'll say the same thing twice in a row but try it a different way, which usually means louder and even more condescendingly. Glad the Cubs broke his heart because their broadcast is a brutal listen. 
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

BC

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
    • bricrozier@hotmail.com
« Reply #472 on: April 23, 2017, 10:29:45 AM »
Quote from: Saul Goodman on April 22, 2017, 12:35:49 PM

He's such a miserable bastard. I watched the Reds' feed for the bottom of the 8th and top of the 9th. He spent almost all of it being negative, nitpicky, snarky, sarcastic, and bitter. He was bitching about the Cubs questioning the home plate umpire on some of those strikes being called. He especially went after Schwarber and his color man added, "hashtag stop whining." They were oh-so-smug about winning. tHom also sounds like he thinks he's recording dialogue for a baseball video game. He'll say the same thing twice in a row but try it a different way, which usually means louder and even more condescendingly. Glad the Cubs broke his heart because their broadcast is a brutal listen. 

I know there is plenty of previous history that might be playing a role in Thom's behavior during Cubs games, however I personally think the 2003 NLCS still ticks him off. He was five outs away from being the voice that would be heard for all eternity as the guy on the call when the Cubs finally won a pennant... And it was taken away from him.
Desipio is a free-flowing website that occasionally touches on the immaturity, foolishness and outright stupidity of its readership.

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #473 on: April 23, 2017, 12:15:17 PM »
Quote from: BC on April 23, 2017, 10:29:45 AM

I know there is plenty of previous history that might be playing a role in Thom's behavior during Cubs games, however I personally think the 2003 NLCS still ticks him off. He was five outs away from being the voice that would be heard for all eternity as the guy on the call when the Cubs finally won a pennant... And it was taken away from him.

2003 took a lot away from all of us.
It sucked but most of us got over it.
1984 was even worse.

BC don't be an apologist for that self serving douche.
"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #474 on: April 23, 2017, 12:19:50 PM »

But then he became the first person who ever tried to suck off Tim Tebow from the broadcast booth, and they can never take that away.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #475 on: April 23, 2017, 03:37:56 PM »
Quote from: flannj on April 23, 2017, 12:15:17 PM

2003 took a lot away from all of us.
It sucked but most of us got over it.
1984 was even worse.

BC don't be an apologist for that self serving douche.

Truly shameful bullshit toleration by Bullshit Condoner BC.

BC

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
    • bricrozier@hotmail.com
« Reply #476 on: April 23, 2017, 07:42:00 PM »
Damn it, I looked over my thoughts again and realized it did put Thom into a more favorable light.

I truly apologize from the bottom of my heart.
Desipio is a free-flowing website that occasionally touches on the immaturity, foolishness and outright stupidity of its readership.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #477 on: May 25, 2017, 09:17:24 AM »
What the fuck does it take to get you morans to bump this man's thread?

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #478 on: June 14, 2017, 10:44:19 AM »
385/538/692 since getting engaged.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #479 on: June 14, 2017, 10:56:45 AM »
Quote from: Quality Start Machine on June 14, 2017, 10:44:19 AM
385/538/692 since getting engaged.

Interestingly, however, Addison Russell's been .307/.400/.846 since being accused on Instagram of hitting his girlfriend. 
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs