News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: 2012-2013 Boozer leads the Bulls to a last seed in the playoffs thread  ( 68,216 )

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Internet Apex on May 29, 2013, 11:09:15 AM
Quote from: Slaky on May 29, 2013, 11:01:02 AM
I don't really understand why people are so annoyed at players trying to draw calls. It's a contest and getting calls is a huge part of it. It's never going to go away in any sport.

I guess because the Heat have a better record than everybody else they should be held to a higher standard or something while everybody else all around them cheats their asses off. Fuck if I know.

I don't get it. Also I want the Heat to win. I'm not suddenly going to pretend to be ok with the Pacers winning something. Fuck them.

Tony

• Fukakke Fan Club
Quote from: Slaky on May 29, 2013, 11:09:51 AM
Quote from: Internet Apex on May 29, 2013, 11:09:15 AM
I don't really understand why people are so annoyed at players trying to draw calls. It's a contest and getting calls is a huge part of it. It's never going to go away in any sport.

I guess because the Heat have a better record than everybody else they should be held to a higher standard or something while everybody else all around them cheats their asses off. Fuck if I know.

I don't get it. Also I want the Heat to win. I'm not suddenly going to pretend to be ok with the Pacers winning something. Fuck them.

This is really bugging me. I can't stand the thought of anyone in Indy being happy, including my friends down there.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club

You don't understand it, or you don't agree with it?
Because it feels like the latter.

I think it's very easy to understand why people think that the greatest athletes in the world should play hard, act tough, not want to fake shit and be generally awesome (and reference Jordan, Bird, Magic, etc. as proof points, fair or not.) 

I understand that may not realistic, but I think it's understandable why people would want that and be annoyed at flopping.
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
The bigger question is, what's apex going to do when his Spurs play his Heat?

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: BH on May 29, 2013, 12:24:27 PM
The bigger question is, what's apex going to do when his Spurs play his Heat?

Pray.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Tony

• Fukakke Fan Club
The issue for me is there's flopping, and there there's flopping. Some of it is just trying to get a call, but some of it is so over the top that it looks ridiculous.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: PenFoe on May 29, 2013, 12:12:23 PM

You don't understand it, or you don't agree with it?
Because it feels like the latter.

I think it's very easy to understand why people think that the greatest athletes in the world should play hard, act tough, not want to fake shit and be generally awesome (and reference Jordan, Bird, Magic, etc. as proof points, fair or not.) 

I understand that may not realistic, but I think it's understandable why people would want that and be annoyed at flopping.

You're right - I don't agree with it. Playing hard and flopping to get calls aren't mutually exclusive. Yeah, LBJ embellishes. So does Crosby (oops hockey talk) and no one can say either guy doesn't play hard and they're both the most talented player in their respective sport.

Anyone and everyone should try and gain an advantage where they see it and people act like it's the worst thing in the world when the Heat do it because they're the Heat. The Bulls do it. Everyone does it.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Tony on May 29, 2013, 01:10:21 PM
The issue for me is there's flopping, and there there's flopping. Some of it is just trying to get a call, but some of it is so over the top that it looks ridiculous.

There's embellishment. And then there's pure fabrication.

Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club

Like when Rip Hamilton somersaulted into the stands after a relatively-benign forearm shove from Wade. I'm with you.

I guess it's clear that flopping can't be stopped unless they issue suspensions for it, which would be an over-the-top reaction to a perceived problem. Until then, we'll just have the GIFs and the Flop Shaming comments on the internets. Oh, the horror.

Richard Chuggar

• TJG is back!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
Quote from: Internet Apex on May 29, 2013, 02:14:01 PM

Like when Rip Hamilton somersaulted into the stands after a relatively-benign forearm shove from Wade. I'm with you.

I guess it's clear that flopping can't be stopped unless they issue suspensions for it, which would be an over-the-top reaction to a perceived problem. Until then, we'll just have the GIFs and the Flop Shaming comments on the internets. Oh, the horror.

You're an idiot.  Wade threw a forearm into a 150 lb soaking wet Rip.  Granted he probably didn't have to roll over at the end, but him falling to the ground as he's passing the ball at the same time isn't flopping. 
Because when you're fighting for your man, experience is a mutha'.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Richard Chuggar on May 29, 2013, 02:45:41 PM

You're an idiot.  Wade threw a forearm into a 150 lb soaking wet Rip.  Granted he probably didn't have to roll over at the end, but him falling to the ground as he's passing the ball at the same time isn't flopping. 

I get it. When a player you don't like takes a dramatic spill and embellishes the hell out of it for a call it's a flop. When your team does it, it's not. Cool.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
We've been down this .JIF road with flops, and it the end is still the same: Apex's ass chapped.

Richard Chuggar

• TJG is back!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
Quote from: Internet Apex on May 29, 2013, 02:54:45 PM

I get it. When a player you don't like takes a dramatic spill and embellishes the hell out of it for a call it's a flop. When your team does it, it's not. Cool.

I don't really like Rip all that much, nor do I hate him.  That being said, the jif you used to try to prove your point isn't really a flop at all.  Especially when the guy getting blatantly shoved while already off balance b/c he's passing the ball is smaller than the guy doing the shoving. 
Because when you're fighting for your man, experience is a mutha'.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Richard Chuggar on May 29, 2013, 03:09:26 PM

I don't really like Rip all that much, nor do I hate him.  That being said, the jif you used to try to prove your point isn't really a flop at all.  Especially when the guy getting blatantly shoved while already off balance b/c he's passing the ball is smaller than the guy doing the shoving. 

I see a guy flopping.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Internet Apex on May 29, 2013, 03:10:26 PM
Quote from: Richard Chuggar on May 29, 2013, 03:09:26 PM

I see a guy flopping.

I don't really watch basketball much, but there have to be way better examples of Bulls flopping than that.

I mean, even if there's some embellishment there, that's one hell of an obvious foul by Wade.

Which is all to ask: Do you think that's not a foul?
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.