News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: 2012-2013 Boozer leads the Bulls to a last seed in the playoffs thread  ( 68,344 )

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Internet Apex on May 29, 2013, 03:10:26 PM
Quote from: Richard Chuggar on May 29, 2013, 03:09:26 PM
Quote from: Internet Apex on May 29, 2013, 02:54:45 PM
Quote from: Richard Chuggar on May 29, 2013, 02:45:41 PM
Quote from: Internet Apex on May 29, 2013, 02:14:01 PM
Quote from: Tony on May 29, 2013, 01:10:21 PM
The issue for me is there's flopping, and there there's flopping. Some of it is just trying to get a call, but some of it is so over the top that it looks ridiculous.

Like when Rip Hamilton somersaulted into the stands after a relatively-benign forearm shove from Wade. I'm with you.

I guess it's clear that flopping can't be stopped unless they issue suspensions for it, which would be an over-the-top reaction to a perceived problem. Until then, we'll just have the GIFs and the Flop Shaming comments on the internets. Oh, the horror.

You're an idiot.  Wade threw a forearm into a 150 lb soaking wet Rip.  Granted he probably didn't have to roll over at the end, but him falling to the ground as he's passing the ball at the same time isn't flopping. 

I get it. When a player you don't like takes a dramatic spill and embellishes the hell out of it for a call it's a flop. When your team does it, it's not. Cool.

I don't really like Rip all that much, nor do I hate him.  That being said, the jif you used to try to prove your point isn't really a flop at all.  Especially when the guy getting blatantly shoved while already off balance b/c he's passing the ball is smaller than the guy doing the shoving. 

I see a guy flopping.

Watching this over and over shows me that all those years in the late 90s where Zo and Co. couldn't get a title have left you SouthBeachBiased.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on May 29, 2013, 03:13:50 PM
Quote from: Internet Apex on May 29, 2013, 03:10:26 PM
Quote from: Richard Chuggar on May 29, 2013, 03:09:26 PM
Quote from: Internet Apex on May 29, 2013, 02:54:45 PM
Quote from: Richard Chuggar on May 29, 2013, 02:45:41 PM
Quote from: Internet Apex on May 29, 2013, 02:14:01 PM
Quote from: Tony on May 29, 2013, 01:10:21 PM
The issue for me is there's flopping, and there there's flopping. Some of it is just trying to get a call, but some of it is so over the top that it looks ridiculous.

Like when Rip Hamilton somersaulted into the stands after a relatively-benign forearm shove from Wade. I'm with you.

I guess it's clear that flopping can't be stopped unless they issue suspensions for it, which would be an over-the-top reaction to a perceived problem. Until then, we'll just have the GIFs and the Flop Shaming comments on the internets. Oh, the horror.

You're an idiot.  Wade threw a forearm into a 150 lb soaking wet Rip.  Granted he probably didn't have to roll over at the end, but him falling to the ground as he's passing the ball at the same time isn't flopping.  

I get it. When a player you don't like takes a dramatic spill and embellishes the hell out of it for a call it's a flop. When your team does it, it's not. Cool.

I don't really like Rip all that much, nor do I hate him.  That being said, the jif you used to try to prove your point isn't really a flop at all.  Especially when the guy getting blatantly shoved while already off balance b/c he's passing the ball is smaller than the guy doing the shoving.  

I see a guy flopping.

I don't really watch basketball much, but there have to be way better examples of Bulls flopping than that.

I mean, even if there's some embellishment there, that's one hell of an obvious foul by Wade.

Which is all to ask: Do you think that's not a foul?

It's a flagrant foul. The attempt was to get it turned into a Flagrant II and lead to an ejection/suspension as someone on this board called for at the time. Maybe there are better examples of Bulls flopping but few people give enough of a shit to police the internet looking for examples to turn into JIFs.  
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Yeti on May 29, 2013, 03:06:34 PM
We've been down this .JIF road with flops, and it the end is still the same: Apex's ass chapped.

You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: 2012-2013 Boozer leads the Bulls to a last seed in the playoffs thread
« Reply #318 on: June 02, 2013, 12:41:21 AM »
Yeah.  If you've actually been fouled and want to make sure that the ref doesn't miss it, that's one thing.  Making out that you've been fouled when you haven't been touched is entirely another.  It's cheating, and I don't want to see it.

Also... Kentavious?

*head asplode*
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #320 on: June 03, 2013, 08:57:07 AM »
Quote from: BH on June 02, 2013, 01:17:51 PM
http://m.worldstarhiphop.com/apple/video.php?v=wshhIjpx3vXC0DZfE4ZJ

Great video of lebron's flops.

So fans of hockey and basketball can unite in the knowledge that the most supremely talented player in each of their sports is a diving jagoff.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #321 on: June 03, 2013, 09:39:07 AM »
Quote from: BH on June 02, 2013, 01:17:51 PM
http://m.worldstarhiphop.com/apple/video.php?v=wshhIjpx3vXC0DZfE4ZJ

Great video of lebron's flops.

WOOOOORRRRRRLD STAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #323 on: July 22, 2013, 09:24:18 AM »
I thought you turds might want to read a Tom Thibs interview by Zach Lowe because you always have the coach's dong hanging out of your mouths all the time. Or maybe you don't want to read it. I don't know.

http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-triangle/post/_/id/68972/qa-tom-thibodeau-on-the-bulls-offseason-derrick-roses-return-and-where-in-the-world-is-joakim-noah

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #324 on: July 22, 2013, 10:40:26 AM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on July 22, 2013, 09:24:18 AM
I thought you turds might want to read a Tom Thibs interview by Zach Lowe because you always have the coach's dong hanging out of your mouths all the time. Or maybe you don't want to read it. I don't know.

http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-triangle/post/_/id/68972/qa-tom-thibodeau-on-the-bulls-offseason-derrick-roses-return-and-where-in-the-world-is-joakim-noah

Will be interesting to watch the Gar/Thibs dynamic going forward. Letting a Thibs guy in Adams walk makes no sense.
Why is the coach not determining who is on his staff? It's stupid.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #325 on: July 22, 2013, 10:46:34 AM »
Quote from: BH on July 22, 2013, 10:40:26 AM

Will be interesting to watch the Gar/Thibs dynamic going forward. Letting a Thibs guy in Adams walk makes no sense.

I didn't read anything about this move prior to the Grantland article, but is it widely acknowledged that Thibs wasn't on board with this?
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #326 on: July 22, 2013, 11:20:11 AM »
Quote from: PenFoe on July 22, 2013, 10:46:34 AM
Quote from: BH on July 22, 2013, 10:40:26 AM

I didn't read anything about this move prior to the Grantland article, but is it widely acknowledged that Thibs wasn't on board with this?

Yup. Adams and Thibodeau are basically best friends (or whatever, because it's not like Thibs has time for friends), so it's pretty unlikely he would have supported it.

A little more insight from KD:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/chicago-bulls-mike-dunleavy-jr-kick-ron-adams-212211835.html

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #327 on: October 04, 2013, 02:33:58 PM »
When do we get our new Bulls thread? You guys don't want me to start it. Let's go.