News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Not one, not two, not three... NBA Hoop Threads (sans FroDog natch)  ( 18,752 )

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Ray Ray aims to make it so that Mike Miller and Shane Battier's flukishness matters not. This motherfucker's gonna get more open than an envelope with money in it.

http://news.bostonherald.com/sports/basketball/celtics/view/20220706allen_spurns_celtics_picks_heat/srvc=home&position=recent

Commence irrational butthurt about a player who already owns a ring taking less money to play with a contending team while his former team (sort of) rebuilds. Three years and all that money for KG is puzzling.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Isn't Ray Allen like 400 years old?
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
DPD.

Apologies for contributing to an Apex TrollThread that would have been hilarious had it just been his stupid stick-poking topic starter.  Couldn't help myself.  But seriously, wasn't Ray Allen portraying Jesus Shuttleworth in that Spike Lee Joint like in the late 90's?  Is he really that valuable?  Pardon me for inserting ignorance instead of the butthurtedness; inquiring minds that are too lazy or indifferent to find this shit out themselves want to know.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club

What difference does it make that a guy already has a ring or not? Guys like winning. It's more fun than losing.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Allen can still shoot and he's far more reliable than the perimeter players that the Heat just won a title with. Mike Miller's performance in the Thunder series was a chilling spectacle for opposing coaches bent on double teaming LeBron every time he catches in the post. You leave Ray Allen all alone like that and you're going to pay dearly. It's really unfair. You're correct that he's old but he will be coming off the bench for the Heat and won't have to run off eleventy bajillion screens to get open looks with LeBron and Wade driving and dishing. It gives Miami more scoring options at the end of games too. The Heat doesn't need to sign superstars. They have plenty of those. They need better role players to stave off the opposition that will be gunning for them. This is HUGE in that regard.

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Ray was BUTTHURT that Boston tried trading him last year and he hates rondo, because he's an asshole and he's unpredictable. Jason Terry is better than Ray Allen these days, it's a good deal for Boston. Overpaying for a guy who's hurt, old and can't shoot anymore isn't a good idea. On Miami it's a good idea, assuming Lebron and Dwade don't get hurt and he can just shoot open shots.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: BH on July 09, 2012, 08:44:05 AM
Ray was BUTTHURT that Boston tried trading him last year and he hates rondo, because he's an asshole and he's unpredictable. Jason Terry is better than Ray Allen these days, it's a good deal for Boston. Overpaying for a guy who's hurt, old and can't shoot anymore isn't a good idea. On Miami it's a good idea, assuming Lebron and Dwade don't get hurt and he can just shoot open shots.

I don't think it suddenly becomes a bad idea if LeBron or DWade get hurt.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/roy-hibbert-max-contract-offer-matched-indiana-pacers-191739358--nba.html

Roy Hibbert is returning to Indiana, looks forward to fouling/getting dunked on by Wade/James for four more years.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Internet Apex on July 12, 2012, 11:24:51 AM
That BROOKlyn bullshit, they're on it.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--nets-near-deal-with-brook-lopez--time-running-out-for-dwight-howard-trade.html

So what's gonna hai with Dwight? If the Lakers give up Bynum for him, I could understand that the Bulls don't have a piece that could match that and I'll go back to diddling my dingle. But if the Rockets get him for some flotsam and jetsam that the Bulls could have clearly matched, I'm going to have a very itchy ass.

That's right Garpxtink YOU'RE ON NOTICE.

morpheus

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Not one, not two, not three... NBA Hoop Threads (sans FroDog natch)
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2012, 12:56:54 PM »
Quote from: R-V on July 12, 2012, 11:38:22 AM

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--nets-near-deal-with-brook-lopez--time-running-out-for-dwight-howard-trade.html

So what's gonna hai with Dwight? If the Lakers give up Bynum for him, I could understand that the Bulls don't have a piece that could match that and I'll go back to diddling my dingle. But if the Rockets get him for some flotsam and jetsam that the Bulls could have clearly matched, I'm going to have a very itchy ass.

Have you called GarPax's secretary yet?
I don't get that KurtEvans photoshop.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2012, 01:17:50 PM »
Quote from: morpheus on July 12, 2012, 12:56:54 PM

Have you called GarPax's secretary yet?

Not necessary. Their secretary/nails lady, Oleg, reads this internet board.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2012, 02:37:10 PM »

What about that whole part about Howard not wanting to play here at all. Not a factor, for you?

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2012, 02:45:36 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on July 12, 2012, 02:37:10 PM

What about that whole part about Howard not wanting to play here at all. Not a factor, for you?

So he wouldn't re-sign or pick up his player option at year's end and you clear his money and whatever it took to get him off the books. Then send Bennie The Bull on a recruiting mission to bring in some decent replacements. I don't know what it would take to get him here, what other teams they'd have to involve or whether they'd have to bring in other bad contracts from 2nd, 3rd parties to make it work. I don't know those things because I'm not a fucking mindreader.

But if they did get him and Rose did in fact return for a playoff run, it could be an exciting one. It would make a lot people nervous. Not me. But some people wouldn't like it one bit.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2012, 03:30:26 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on July 12, 2012, 02:37:10 PM

Why not give it a shot? Howard has proven that he's a big 5-year-old and changes his mind every few days. The Bulls could bring him here and let him experience Chicago, play for a great coach, with a great point guard and see if he likes it. Then when the season is over (and he's potentially won a title), they can offer him a bigger contract than anyone else. If he still leaves after that, fine. At least they will have actually tried hard to do something creative and ballsy, rather than limp around like dickless Flanderseses who are afraid of doing anything that even hints at being a little risky.

Worst case, like Apex said, all his money is off the books and they wait around for Kevin Love to force his way out of Minnesota.