News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Not one, not two, not three... NBA Hoop Threads (sans FroDog natch)  ( 18,751 )

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Not one, not two, not three... NBA Hoop Threads (sans FroDog natch)
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2012, 03:34:03 PM »
Quote from: Eli on July 12, 2012, 03:30:26 PM
Quote from: Slaky on July 12, 2012, 02:37:10 PM
Quote from: R-V on July 12, 2012, 11:38:22 AM
Quote from: Internet Apex on July 12, 2012, 11:24:51 AM
That BROOKlyn bullshit, they're on it.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--nets-near-deal-with-brook-lopez--time-running-out-for-dwight-howard-trade.html

So what's gonna hai with Dwight? If the Lakers give up Bynum for him, I could understand that the Bulls don't have a piece that could match that and I'll go back to diddling my dingle. But if the Rockets get him for some flotsam and jetsam that the Bulls could have clearly matched, I'm going to have a very itchy ass.

That's right Garpxtink YOU'RE ON NOTICE.

What about that whole part about Howard not wanting to play here at all. Not a factor, for you?

Why not give it a shot? Howard has proven that he's a big 5-year-old and changes his mind every few days. The Bulls could bring him here and let him experience Chicago, play for a great coach, with a great point guard and see if he likes it. Then when the season is over (and he's potentially won a title), they can offer him the biggest contract out of anyone. If he still leaves after that, fine. At least they will have actually tried hard to do something creative and ballsy, rather than limp around like dickless Flanderseses who are afraid of doing anything that even hints at being a little risky.

Worst case, like Apex said, all his money is off the books and they wait around for Kevin Love to force his way out of Minnesota.

What about having the BEST RECORD don't you understand? Bulls fans are the worst.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2012, 08:50:33 AM »
Quote from: Eli on July 12, 2012, 03:30:26 PM
Quote from: Slaky on July 12, 2012, 02:37:10 PM
Quote from: R-V on July 12, 2012, 11:38:22 AM
Quote from: Internet Apex on July 12, 2012, 11:24:51 AM
That BROOKlyn bullshit, they're on it.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--nets-near-deal-with-brook-lopez--time-running-out-for-dwight-howard-trade.html

So what's gonna hai with Dwight? If the Lakers give up Bynum for him, I could understand that the Bulls don't have a piece that could match that and I'll go back to diddling my dingle. But if the Rockets get him for some flotsam and jetsam that the Bulls could have clearly matched, I'm going to have a very itchy ass.

That's right Garpxtink YOU'RE ON NOTICE.

What about that whole part about Howard not wanting to play here at all. Not a factor, for you?

Why not give it a shot? Howard has proven that he's a big 5-year-old and changes his mind every few days. The Bulls could bring him here and let him experience Chicago, play for a great coach, with a great point guard and see if he likes it. Then when the season is over (and he's potentially won a title), they can offer him a bigger contract than anyone else. If he still leaves after that, fine. At least they will have actually tried hard to do something creative and ballsy, rather than limp around like dickless Flanderseses who are afraid of doing anything that even hints at being a little risky.

Worst case, like Apex said, all his money is off the books and they wait around for Kevin Love to force his way out of Minnesota.

All of that. I think we'd all agree that Noah/Deng/Gibson probably aren't sufficient support for Rose to win a chammenship, so if the Magic would take that package, why the hell wouldn't you go for it?

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2012, 09:00:15 AM »
I was thinking about Kevin Love yesterday as I watched him drain threes and shit vs. the Fightin' Sosas.

They should go after him. He's disgruntled. Do it.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2012, 09:13:04 AM »
I'm starting to come around on the notion that the Bulls should be scorned by their fans in a way different from every other franchise except maybe the Bears but not really. Even the Bears will be loyal to a head coach with even just a modicum of success. The Bulls are low balling Tom Thibodeau who of all people probably deserves whatever the fuck he wants. I can get over them waffling on Asik because of Taj or Hinrich over Watson, etc. but toying with Thibs is not cool.

NOT COOL.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2012, 09:19:46 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on July 13, 2012, 09:13:04 AM
I'm starting to come around on the notion that the Bulls should be scorned by their fans in a way different from every other franchise except maybe the Bears but not really. Even the Bears will be loyal to a head coach with even just a modicum of success. The Bulls are low balling Tom Thibodeau who of all people probably deserves whatever the fuck he wants. I can get over them waffling on Asik because of Taj or Hinrich over Watson, etc. but toying with Thibs is not cool.

NOT COOL.

Yeah, I think they'll eventually get Thibs signed but it should have been done by now.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2012, 12:17:34 PM »
Quote from: Eli on July 13, 2012, 09:19:46 AM
Quote from: Slaky on July 13, 2012, 09:13:04 AM

NOT COOL.

Yeah, I think they'll eventually get Thibs signed but it should have been done by now.

He's definitely in the top 3 regular season coaches in the NBA.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Richard Chuggar

• TJG is back!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
Because when you're fighting for your man, experience is a mutha'.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #24 on: August 10, 2012, 01:04:39 PM »
It'll make for a fun Western Conference Finals. Mike Brown is still the head coach at the moment so I'm not convinced that all this isn't going to be a huge clusterfuckup disappointment until I see it in action. Nash and Kobe are getting up there and Howard has a balky back and a short-term contract. Pau is a total pussy. So while this has the potential to be a superteam and a contender, it also has the potential to be a whiny, bickery, broke-down incompatible jerkoff of a second-round loser.

But I can't wait until the season starts to see how it all plays out.  

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #25 on: August 10, 2012, 06:12:21 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on August 10, 2012, 01:04:39 PM
Pau is a total pussy.

And awesome at basketball.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #26 on: October 30, 2012, 08:48:45 PM »
During tonight's Heat/Celtics telecast, Steve Kerr said he thought the Heat got a break by playing against OKC in The Finals last year instead of the Spurs. He is right of course.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #27 on: October 31, 2012, 09:42:40 AM »
I want to make fun of the Lakers for losing one game (LOLZOMG) but that's the kind of basketball retardation that led me to the realm of Heatdongchuggary in the first place. So I'll resist the urge. But it would appear that the Lakers have a lot of work to do before they can be called championship-ready. And they're an older core group than the one Miami put together two years ago. Teams like that need more rest and you've got Kobe already banged up and Dwight coming off of back surgery.

With guys inevitably due for long layoffs and scheduled rest I think it may take them longer to mesh than a lot of prognosticators realized. If Mike Brown knows what he's doing - and I'm not at all convinced he does - he'll take these health concerns into account as Popovich does, and slowly tune this team up in preparation for a playoff run. Let OKC get the top seed, let the recharged Clippers surge to the division lead. Don't pay one single second of attention to the massive, unrelenting, soul-destroying death machine down in South Beach.  Just get ready for April and tune everything else out.

Can they do that? In L.A.? With Dwight Fucking Howard around?

I... don't think so.

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #28 on: October 31, 2012, 09:45:53 AM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on October 31, 2012, 09:42:40 AM
I want to make fun of the Lakers for losing one game (LOLZOMG) but that's the kind of basketball retardation that led me to the realm of Heatdongchuggary in the first place. So I'll resist the urge. But it would appear that the Lakers have a lot of work to do before they can be called championship-ready. And they're an older core group than the one Miami put together two years ago. Teams like that need more rest and you've got Kobe already banged up and Dwight coming off of back surgery.

With guys inevitably due for long layoffs and scheduled rest I think it may take them longer to mesh than a lot of prognosticators realized. If Mike Brown knows what he's doing - and I'm not at all convinced he does - he'll take these health concerns into account as Popovich does, and slowly tune this team up in preparation for a playoff run. Let OKC get the top seed, let the recharged Clippers surge to the division lead. Don't pay one single second of attention to the massive, unrelenting, soul-destroying death machine down in South Beach.  Just get ready for April and tune everything else out.

I... don't think so.

The Bulls have proved that if you can't shoot free throws, you can't win championships.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #29 on: October 31, 2012, 09:49:05 AM »
Quote from: BH on October 31, 2012, 09:45:53 AM
Quote from: Internet Apex on October 31, 2012, 09:42:40 AM

I... don't think so.

The Bulls have proved that if you can't shoot free throws, you can't win championships.

So did Shaq... oh, wait...