News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Tonker's Upscale Fast Food Tour and Reviews  ( 45,251 )

Richard Chuggar

• TJG is back!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
Re: Tonker's Upscale Fast Food Tour and Reviews
« Reply #45 on: August 08, 2012, 01:31:13 PM »
Quote from: Tonker on August 08, 2012, 12:15:23 PM
For the sake of posterity, this is what I ate, and where:

Friday: Dillinger's (Dillinger's burger)

Saturday: Lincoln Inn, Dekalb (bagel with bacon, sausage, egg & cheese); Huey's family cook out (cheeseburger, spicy cajun sausage, italian sausage)

Sunday: Ann Sather (Southern Decadence benedict, cheese hash browns, CINNAMON FUCKING BUNS), Pork Shoppe (pork belly pastrami, pulled pork, steak)

Monday: McDonald's (McGriddles), Portillo's (Italian beef, dipped, sweet; cheese fries), Wrigley Field (hot dog)

Tuesday: Big & Little's (soft shell crab po'boy, truffle fries), Northdown Cafe (pork frites)

Wednesday: Hot Doug's (Chicago dog, Italian sausage, duck sausage with foie gras); Timothy O'Toole's (Little Timmy burger)

Thursday: Skrinechops (tenderloin sammich with mashed potato); Kincade's (wings)

Friday: Kuma's (Sausage fritters, King Bong burger)

Saturday: Bakin' & Eggs (caramelised onion frittata with blue cheese, sausage, house potatoes with cheese); Candlelite (Italian meat lovers' pizza, white pizza)

Sunday: unexpected breakfast at the Hilton Hotel, O'Hare.  Rassafassarickrastardley.

jeebus.

how was kincade's?
Because when you're fighting for your man, experience is a mutha'.

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #46 on: August 08, 2012, 01:36:19 PM »
Quote from: Bort on August 08, 2012, 01:10:36 PM
That faint popping sound you hear is Tonker's left ventricle blowing out like a bald tire.

Actually, a couple of days of salad, tennis and dancing since I got home and I'm more or less back where I started.  Well, in terms of weight, anyway.  My cholesterol might need a little longer to normalise...
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #47 on: August 08, 2012, 01:40:20 PM »
Quote from: Richard Chuggar on August 08, 2012, 01:31:13 PM
Quote from: Tonker on August 08, 2012, 12:15:23 PM
For the sake of posterity, this is what I ate, and where:

Friday: Dillinger's (Dillinger's burger)

Saturday: Lincoln Inn, Dekalb (bagel with bacon, sausage, egg & cheese); Huey's family cook out (cheeseburger, spicy cajun sausage, italian sausage)

Sunday: Ann Sather (Southern Decadence benedict, cheese hash browns, CINNAMON FUCKING BUNS), Pork Shoppe (pork belly pastrami, pulled pork, steak)

Monday: McDonald's (McGriddles), Portillo's (Italian beef, dipped, sweet; cheese fries), Wrigley Field (hot dog)

Tuesday: Big & Little's (soft shell crab po'boy, truffle fries), Northdown Cafe (pork frites)

Wednesday: Hot Doug's (Chicago dog, Italian sausage, duck sausage with foie gras); Timothy O'Toole's (Little Timmy burger)

Thursday: Skrinechops (tenderloin sammich with mashed potato); Kincade's (wings)

Friday: Kuma's (Sausage fritters, King Bong burger)

Saturday: Bakin' & Eggs (caramelised onion frittata with blue cheese, sausage, house potatoes with cheese); Candlelite (Italian meat lovers' pizza, white pizza)
ba
Sunday: unexpected breakfast at the Hilton Hotel, O'Hare.  Rassafassarickrastardley.

jeebus.

how was kincade's?

Yeah, not bad at all.  The "barbahot" ribs were excellent, as were the Jamaican jerk - until I got one that absolutely blew the roof of my head off and spoiled my appetite.

There was wall-to-wall clunge, though, so that was nice.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #48 on: August 08, 2012, 01:49:26 PM »
Quote from: Tonker on August 08, 2012, 01:40:20 PM
Quote from: Richard Chuggar on August 08, 2012, 01:31:13 PM

how was kincade's?

Yeah, not bad at all.  The "barbahot" ribs were excellent, as were the Jamaican jerk - until I got one that absolutely blew the roof of my head off and spoiled my appetite.

There was wall-to-wall clunge, though, so that was nice.
The ladies Oleg start assisting trivially were quite clungy.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #49 on: August 08, 2012, 01:59:21 PM »
Quote from: Tonker on August 08, 2012, 01:36:19 PM
That faint popping sound you hear is Tonker's left ventricle blowing out like a bald tire.

Actually, a couple of days of salad, tennis and dancing since I got home and I'm more or less back where I started.  Well, in terms of weight, anyway.  My cholesterol might need a little longer to normalise...

Yeah, you'll lose a fuckload of weight doing that.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Richard Chuggar

• TJG is back!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #50 on: August 08, 2012, 02:45:11 PM »
Quote from: Fork on August 08, 2012, 01:59:21 PM

You should try it
Because when you're fighting for your man, experience is a mutha'.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #51 on: August 08, 2012, 02:58:16 PM »
Quote from: Richard Chuggar on August 08, 2012, 02:45:11 PM
Quote from: Fork on August 08, 2012, 01:59:21 PM

You should try it

should have seen him before the dancing.

thehawk

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #52 on: February 26, 2014, 03:33:30 PM »
Just to note that Big N Littles has now opened up a second location at Belmont and Sheffield.  New place takes credit cards and has lower prices (but somewhat smaller portion sizes) than the original.
Andre Dawson paid his $1,000 fine for the Joe West incident with style. Dawson wrote ``Donation for the blind`` in the memo section of his personal check.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #53 on: February 27, 2014, 08:31:08 AM »
Quote from: thehawk on February 26, 2014, 03:33:30 PM
Just to note that Big N Littles has now opened up a second location at Belmont and Sheffield.  New place takes credit cards and has lower prices (but somewhat smaller portion sizes) than the original.

I think most car dealerships have lower prices than Big N Little's

Tony

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #54 on: February 27, 2014, 09:20:14 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on February 27, 2014, 08:31:08 AM

And they take credit cards. There is no excuse for not taking credit/debit cards. Any phone can do it, and cash is as dead as print.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #55 on: February 27, 2014, 11:25:47 AM »
Quote from: Tony on February 27, 2014, 09:20:14 AM

And they take credit cards. There is no excuse for not taking credit/debit cards. Any phone can do it, and cash is as dead as print.

Looks I'm actually going there right now. I bet it will be good and expensive.

thehawk

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #56 on: February 27, 2014, 04:57:46 PM »

Most car dealerships dont make short rib tacos as good as Big N Littles
Andre Dawson paid his $1,000 fine for the Joe West incident with style. Dawson wrote ``Donation for the blind`` in the memo section of his personal check.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #57 on: February 27, 2014, 09:07:36 PM »
Quote from: thehawk on February 27, 2014, 04:57:46 PM

Well, not since Celozzi-Ettleson Chevrolet closed up, at least.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #58 on: February 27, 2014, 09:29:39 PM »
Quote from: CT III on February 27, 2014, 09:07:36 PM
Quote from: thehawk on February 27, 2014, 04:57:46 PM

Well, not since Celozzi-Ettleson Chevrolet closed up, at least.

"WHERE YA ALWAYS SAVE MORE PEPPERONI!"
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #59 on: August 24, 2015, 11:49:33 AM »
Something that I (and STonk) really got into this time, in a way that I haven't really on previous visits, was Chicago dogs.  Honestly, the best Chicago dog I ever had was the one I made myself at Hawk's post-game soiree the other day, but we had several pretty good ones: Byron's was better than I expected, and if you haven't been to Hot G Dogs yet, you should go.

They don't have some of the fancier dogs that Doug did, but they're cheaper, less crowded, really friendly and their sausages are, as you might expect, fucking delicious.  The standard dog is perfectly good, their Italian's fat and savoury, but the stars of the show are the Andoville (swee what they did their?) pork sausage with onion, garlic and paprika, and especially, the Santa Fe chicken sausage with chipotle, peppers, onions, garlic and cilantro.  Mmm-mmm, that is a tasty sausage.

They do duck fat fries Friday through Sunday and they don't close mid fucking afternoon, either.  If you want a really good meal for really not very much money, you won't do better.

Apropos of which: anybody got any bright ideas as to how I'm going to get hold of green relish in NL?