News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Tonker's Upscale Fast Food Tour and Reviews  ( 45,237 )

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Tonker's Upscale Fast Food Tour and Reviews
« Reply #60 on: August 24, 2015, 12:06:04 PM »
Quote from: Tonker on August 24, 2015, 11:49:33 AM
Something that I (and STonk) really got into this time, in a way that I haven't really on previous visits, was Chicago dogs.  Honestly, the best Chicago dog I ever had was the one I made myself at Hawk's post-game soiree the other day, but we had several pretty good ones: Byron's was better than I expected, and if you haven't been to Hot G Dogs yet, you should go.

They don't have some of the fancier dogs that Doug did, but they're cheaper, less crowded, really friendly and their sausages are, as you might expect, fucking delicious.  The standard dog is perfectly good, their Italian's fat and savoury, but the stars of the show are the Andoville (swee what they did their?) pork sausage with onion, garlic and paprika, and especially, the Santa Fe chicken sausage with chipotle, peppers, onions, garlic and cilantro.  Mmm-mmm, that is a tasty sausage.

They do duck fat fries Friday through Sunday and they don't close mid fucking afternoon, either.  If you want a really good meal for really not very much money, you won't do better.

Apropos of which: anybody got any bright ideas as to how I'm going to get hold of green relish in NL?

Take some vitamin B and piss into the regular stuff.

Seriously, this ought to get you where you want to go.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #61 on: August 24, 2015, 01:17:01 PM »
Quote from: Median Desipio Chucklehead on August 24, 2015, 12:06:04 PM
Something that I (and STonk) really got into this time, in a way that I haven't really on previous visits, was Chicago dogs.  Honestly, the best Chicago dog I ever had was the one I made myself at Hawk's post-game soiree the other day, but we had several pretty good ones: Byron's was better than I expected, and if you haven't been to Hot G Dogs yet, you should go.

They don't have some of the fancier dogs that Doug did, but they're cheaper, less crowded, really friendly and their sausages are, as you might expect, fucking delicious.  The standard dog is perfectly good, their Italian's fat and savoury, but the stars of the show are the Andoville (swee what they did their?) pork sausage with onion, garlic and paprika, and especially, the Santa Fe chicken sausage with chipotle, peppers, onions, garlic and cilantro.  Mmm-mmm, that is a tasty sausage.

They do duck fat fries Friday through Sunday and they don't close mid fucking afternoon, either.  If you want a really good meal for really not very much money, you won't do better.

Apropos of which: anybody got any bright ideas as to how I'm going to get hold of green relish in NL?

Take some vitamin B and piss into the regular stuff.

Seriously, this ought to get you where you want to go.

That sounds like the stuff.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #62 on: August 24, 2015, 02:07:18 PM »
Honestly, the best Chicago dog I ever had was the one I made myself at Hawk's post-game soiree the other day

We were somewhere between laughing and marveling at how much you were enjoying making those dogs for everyone present.

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #63 on: August 24, 2015, 03:04:50 PM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on August 24, 2015, 02:07:18 PM
Honestly, the best Chicago dog I ever had was the one I made myself at Hawk's post-game soiree the other day

We were somewhere between laughing and marveling at how much you were enjoying making those dogs for everyone present.

It's a source of no little pride to me that I not only know what goes into a Chicago dog, but that I can have a decent stab at putting one together properly.  Hat tip to Hawk for getting in all the proper kit, though - including the jumbo Vienna dogs: they're good.

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #64 on: September 01, 2015, 02:15:22 AM »
Quote from: Tonker on August 08, 2012, 12:15:23 PM
For the sake of posterity, this is what I ate, and where

In other news, Tonk is as white as the driven snow.
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #65 on: September 01, 2015, 04:58:09 AM »
Quote from: Wheezer on September 01, 2015, 02:15:22 AM
Quote from: Tonker on August 08, 2012, 12:15:23 PM
For the sake of posterity, this is what I ate, and where

In other news, Tonk is as white as the driven snow.

Should I have had more chicken and waffles?

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #66 on: February 02, 2016, 02:53:11 PM »
I don't know where to put this, but I had a great experience at mEAT on Chestnut. You order meats by the skewer and share sides a-la-carte. The mac and cheese and brussels sprouts were unreal and the meatballs and pork skewers were definitely solid. My American Mule cocktail and the lady's margarita were also merrily consumed.

Please don't tell me this is another Corner Bakery moment for me.
IAN/YETI 2012!  "IT MEANS WHAT WE SAY IT MEANS!"

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #67 on: February 02, 2016, 03:02:37 PM »
Quote from: Powdered Toast Man on February 02, 2016, 02:53:11 PM
I don't know where to put this, but I had a great experience at mEAT on Chestnut. You order meats by the skewer and share sides a-la-carte. The mac and cheese and brussels sprouts were unreal and the meatballs and pork skewers were definitely solid. My American Mule cocktail and the lady's margarita were also merrily consumed.

Nope, that's some fine-assed eating. Next time, treat yourself to Publican.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #68 on: February 02, 2016, 03:30:55 PM »
Quote from: Median Desipio Chucklehead on February 02, 2016, 03:02:37 PM

Nope, that's some fine-assed eating. Next time,  treat yourself to Publican go back and bump this thread for suggestions.

Order!, Order!'d
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #69 on: February 03, 2016, 10:30:46 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on February 02, 2016, 03:30:55 PM

Nope, that's some fine-assed eating. Next time,  treat yourself to Publican go back and bump this thread for suggestions.

Order!, Order!'d

On another note, I think IAN is ashamed of us.  This is, at least, his second trip to Chicago (if Facebook is to be believed) with IANGF and not one shred of evidence of getting together.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #70 on: February 03, 2016, 10:47:51 AM »
Quote from: Oleg on February 03, 2016, 10:30:46 AM

Order!, Order!'d

On another note, I think IAN is ashamed of us.  This is, at least, his second trip to Chicago (if Facebook is to be believed) with IANGF and not one shred of evidence of getting together.

Oh he most definitely is ashamed of you all and he's not wrong
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #71 on: February 03, 2016, 10:56:22 AM »
Quote from: SKO on February 03, 2016, 10:47:51 AM

Order!, Order!'d

I did say "us".  Shit, I'm ashamed of me most days.

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #72 on: February 03, 2016, 10:56:31 AM »

Order!, Order!'d

I'm certainly ashamed of the lot of you.  Fortunately, though, STonk is mostly thoroughly ashamed of me, so it all comes out in the wash.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #73 on: February 03, 2016, 11:05:52 AM »
Quote from: Tonker on February 03, 2016, 10:56:31 AM

Order!, Order!'d

I'm certainly ashamed of the lot of you.  Fortunately, though, STonk is mostly thoroughly ashamed of me, so it all comes out in the wash.

My wife is remarkably tolerant of the whole desipio thing but the one time I brought her to an actual desipio event she had to meet and hear Fro Dog's opinions and Yeti spilled beer all over her feet. I don't blame IAN one bit here.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #74 on: February 03, 2016, 12:16:40 PM »
Quote from: SKO on February 03, 2016, 11:05:52 AM
Quote from: Tonker on February 03, 2016, 10:56:31 AM

Order!, Order!'d

My wife is remarkably tolerant of the whole desipio thing but the one time I brought her to an actual desipio event she had to meet and hear Fro Dog's opinions and Yeti spilled beer all over her feet. I don't blame IAN one bit here.

Point of fact, wasn't that a Hockeenight event?  I don't want Andy taking the fall for Fro's attendance.