News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Tonker's Upscale Fast Food Tour and Reviews  ( 45,239 )

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Tonker's Upscale Fast Food Tour and Reviews
« Reply #75 on: February 03, 2016, 12:32:21 PM »
Quote from: CT III on February 03, 2016, 12:16:40 PM
Quote from: SKO on February 03, 2016, 11:05:52 AM
Quote from: Tonker on February 03, 2016, 10:56:31 AM
Quote from: SKO on February 03, 2016, 10:47:51 AM
Quote from: Oleg on February 03, 2016, 10:30:46 AM
Quote from: PANK! on February 02, 2016, 03:30:55 PM
Quote from: Median Desipio Chucklehead on February 02, 2016, 03:02:37 PM
Quote from: Powdered Toast Man on February 02, 2016, 02:53:11 PM
I don't know where to put this, but I had a great experience at mEAT on Chestnut. You order meats by the skewer and share sides a-la-carte. The mac and cheese and brussels sprouts were unreal and the meatballs and pork skewers were definitely solid. My American Mule cocktail and the lady's margarita were also merrily consumed.

Please don't tell me this is another Corner Bakery moment for me.

Nope, that's some fine-assed eating. Next time,  treat yourself to Publican go back and bump this thread for suggestions.

Order!, Order!'d

On another note, I think IAN is ashamed of us.  This is, at least, his second trip to Chicago (if Facebook is to be believed) with IANGF and not one shred of evidence of getting together.

Oh he most definitely is ashamed of you all and he's not wrong

I'm certainly ashamed of the lot of you.  Fortunately, though, STonk is mostly thoroughly ashamed of me, so it all comes out in the wash.

My wife is remarkably tolerant of the whole desipio thing but the one time I brought her to an actual desipio event she had to meet and hear Fro Dog's opinions and Yeti spilled beer all over her feet. I don't blame IAN one bit here.

Point of fact, wasn't that a Hockeenight event?  I don't want Andy taking the fall for Fro's attendance.

It was Tonkfest, in fact.  But there may have been some hockey-related event going on concurrently, I believe.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #76 on: February 03, 2016, 12:37:13 PM »
Quote from: Tonker on February 03, 2016, 12:32:21 PM
I don't know where to put this, but I had a great experience at mEAT on Chestnut. You order meats by the skewer and share sides a-la-carte. The mac and cheese and brussels sprouts were unreal and the meatballs and pork skewers were definitely solid. My American Mule cocktail and the lady's margarita were also merrily consumed.

Nope, that's some fine-assed eating. Next time,  treat yourself to Publican go back and bump this thread for suggestions.

Order!, Order!'d

On another note, I think IAN is ashamed of us.  This is, at least, his second trip to Chicago (if Facebook is to be believed) with IANGF and not one shred of evidence of getting together.

I'm certainly ashamed of the lot of you.  Fortunately, though, STonk is mostly thoroughly ashamed of me, so it all comes out in the wash.

My wife is remarkably tolerant of the whole desipio thing but the one time I brought her to an actual desipio event she had to meet and hear Fro Dog's opinions and Yeti spilled beer all over her feet. I don't blame IAN one bit here.

Point of fact, wasn't that a Hockeenight event?  I don't want Andy taking the fall for Fro's attendance.

It was Tonkfest, in fact.  But there may have been some hockey-related event going on concurrently, I believe.

Stuff your wife won't mind...

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #77 on: February 03, 2016, 12:40:17 PM »

Order!, Order!'d

It was Tonkfest, indeed. I had to go just so I am officially not being racist when I make jokes about the Welsh, becuase I am personally friends with one in real life.

My wife also thought flannj was quite the handsome older gentleman, and I still laugh at that some times.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #78 on: February 03, 2016, 01:30:34 PM »
Quote from: SKO on February 03, 2016, 12:40:17 PM

Order!, Order!'d

It was Tonkfest, indeed. I had to go just so I am officially not being racist when I make jokes about the Welsh, becuase I am personally friends with one in real life.

My wife also thought flannj was quite the handsome older gentleman, and I still laugh at that some times.

Flannj is quite the handsome older gentlemen, especially when you bear in mind what poor ESKO has to wake up to every morning.  Put it this way: I'd totes shag Flannj; I'd have to be really, really drunk to sleep with you.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #79 on: February 03, 2016, 01:31:52 PM »

Order!, Order!'d

Fucker dodged me at a Cub game.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #80 on: February 03, 2016, 01:44:53 PM »
Quote from: Tonker on February 03, 2016, 01:30:34 PM

Order!, Order!'d

Flannj is quite the handsome older gentlemen, especially when you bear in mind what poor ESKO has to wake up to every morning.  Put it this way: I'd totes shag Flannj; I'd have to be really, really drunk to sleep with you.

Both ESKO and Tonks need a trip to the optometrist.
"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #81 on: February 03, 2016, 03:00:28 PM »
Quote from: flannj on February 03, 2016, 01:44:53 PM
Quote from: Tonker on February 03, 2016, 01:30:34 PM

Order!, Order!'d

Both ESKO and Tonks need a trip to the optometrist.

No, just higher standards.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #82 on: February 04, 2016, 09:06:48 AM »
Quote from: Median Desipio Chucklehead on February 03, 2016, 01:31:52 PM

Order!, Order!'d

I really wish I had the opportunity to meet you and LFork that day. I was unfortunately one pawn in a long line of IANGF family members trapsing through God-knows-where in Wrigleyville to some bar IANGF's brother's wife's family owns.

Point being, this was the first time I met these fine folks and I was going to say "Hold up, my internet friend who likes to dance in public wants to meet up!" It just didn't work out and I'm more ashamed that we didn't get to say hi.

Oh, and I'm certainly ashamed of all of you. That's a fact.
IAN/YETI 2012!  "IT MEANS WHAT WE SAY IT MEANS!"

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #83 on: February 04, 2016, 02:06:08 PM »
Quote from: Powdered Toast Man on February 04, 2016, 09:06:48 AM

Order!, Order!'d

I really wish I had the opportunity to meet you and LFork that day. I was unfortunately one pawn in a long line of IANGF family members trapsing through God-knows-where in Wrigleyville to some bar IANGF's brother's wife's family owns.

Point being, this was the first time I met these fine folks and I was going to say "Hold up, my internet friend who likes to dance in public wants to meet up!" It just didn't work out and I'm more ashamed that we didn't get to say hi.

So ... sister-in-law? (If you're in to brevity.) Or "sister" if you're in Louisiana *rimshot*.

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #84 on: February 05, 2016, 07:18:48 AM »
Quote from: ChuckD on February 04, 2016, 02:06:08 PM

Order!, Order!'d

So ... sister-in-law? (If you're in to brevity.) Or "sister" if you're in Louisiana *rimshot*.

IF there was a ring on IANGF...but alas there isn't. Yet.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #85 on: February 05, 2016, 07:34:55 AM »
Quote from: Powdered Toast Man on February 05, 2016, 07:18:48 AM

Order!, Order!'d

Right but that would still make "IANGF's brother's wife" IANGF's sister-in-law.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #86 on: February 05, 2016, 08:28:36 AM »
Right.

<---Idito

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #87 on: February 05, 2016, 09:58:27 AM »
Quote from: SKO on February 05, 2016, 07:34:55 AM
Quote from: Powdered Toast Man on February 05, 2016, 07:18:48 AM

Order!, Order!'d

Right but that would still make "IANGF's brother's wife" IANGF's sister-in-law.

Still, I side with IAN here, the joke was overly complicated and required a reread of the paragraph. 

3/10, would not read again.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #88 on: February 05, 2016, 04:22:12 PM »
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #89 on: November 07, 2016, 02:08:31 PM »
A couple more entries:

Ricobene's.  HOLY SHIT WHAT A FUCKEN SAMMICH.  That thing was fucking HUGE and I only had the regular.  It was really, really, REALLY good, too.  Like, "I'm totally going to make the trip down to DA SOUT SIDE MY FRENT to get another one next time I'm in town" good.  The fries were also excellent, but they were gilding the lily, really.  Yuge thanks to Fork and Larry for going out of their way to make sure I filled in a gap of which - in hindsight - I should have been thoroughly ashamed.

Gene and Jude's.  Once again, Fork's Culinary Tours came up trumps and this little beauty filled the gap between second lunch and high tea very nicely indeed.  It's a bit weird in that they bill themselves as a hot dog place but there's no poppy seed buns, no green relish, no tomato and if I remember rightly, not even a pickle spear.  Still, what they do is very good and almost embarrassingly cheap.  And not a bottle of ketchup in sight, so it gets the Huey seal of approval, too.

I had a couple of pizzas, too, but there was so much confusion with regard to where they had come from (I think we nearly ate somebody else's pizza at one point on Saturday night), that I can't really review them.

Also, Fork's BBBQ is the balls, and Hawk and NHawk are just ridiculously, fantastically gracious, generous and above all, delicious hosts.

And as for that cake, Chuck?  I'm not exaggerating, that thing had to have been twenty thousand calories.  I could hardly eat it all.