News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Tonker's Upscale Fast Food Tour and Reviews  ( 45,233 )

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
Re: Tonker's Upscale Fast Food Tour and Reviews
« Reply #105 on: December 01, 2016, 10:31:58 AM »
Quote from: Tonker on November 30, 2016, 05:21:53 AM
Oh, I forgot to mention: in Toronto, I went for traditionally Canadian and had Five Guys - indeed, I was eating my Five Guys meal in my hotel room whilst watching game 7.  It was fucking excellent.  Properly delicious.

You made a good choice.
M'lady.

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #106 on: February 16, 2017, 08:23:36 AM »
I had Chick-Fil-A last night.  It was the very definition of "meh": not awful, not great.  The nuggets were decent, but the sandwich was no better or worse than any other chicken sandwich I've ever eaten.  I'd say anybody who really likes Chick-Fil-A probably needs to get out more.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #107 on: February 16, 2017, 08:27:55 AM »
Quote from: Tonker on February 16, 2017, 08:23:36 AM
I had Chick-Fil-A last night.  It was the very definition of "meh": not awful, not great.  The nuggets were decent, but the sandwich was no better or worse than any other chicken sandwich I've ever eaten.  I'd say anybody who really likes Chick-Fil-A probably needs to get out more.is comparing it to other fast food chicken sandwiches

I doubt anybody is picking Chick-Fil-A for a night on the town, but as far the options I have out here it is by far the king for a weekday drive-thru lunch.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #108 on: February 16, 2017, 08:49:34 AM »
I had Chick-Fil-A last night.  It was the very definition of "meh": not awful, not great.  The nuggets were decent, but the sandwich was no better or worse than any other chicken sandwich I've ever eaten.  I'd say anybody who really likes Chick-Fil-A probably needs to get out more.

God bless you, sir.  These are my feelings exactly, and I do not understand the insane devotion people have to this particular brand of fast food*.

*I will admit the waffle fries are good and a nice change from what you get everywhere else.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #109 on: February 16, 2017, 10:06:45 AM »
Quote from: CT III on February 16, 2017, 08:49:34 AM

God bless you, sir.  These are my feelings exactly, and I do not understand the insane devotion people have to this particular brand of fast food*.

*I will admit the waffle fries are good and a nice change from what you get everywhere else.

Wendy's spicy chicken is better, and you can get it on Sundays.

Although if you're at Wendy's, getting a plain baked potato and dumping chili on it is a damn outstanding cheapskate lunch.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #110 on: February 16, 2017, 02:51:24 PM »
Quote from: Quality Start Machine on February 16, 2017, 10:06:45 AM

Although if you're at Wendy's, getting a plain baked potato and dumping chili on it is a damn outstanding cheapskate lunch.

Chik-Fil-A is fantastic fast food. 
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #111 on: February 16, 2017, 02:58:22 PM »
Quote from: PenFoe on February 16, 2017, 02:51:24 PM

I stand with PenFoe. You can pry my chicken nuggets with large waffle fries out of my dead, buffalo sauce-stained fingers.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #112 on: February 16, 2017, 02:59:11 PM »

They do biodynamic free-range fair trade crocheted patchouli vegan chicken sandwiches?
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #113 on: February 16, 2017, 03:34:42 PM »
Quote from: Tonker on February 16, 2017, 02:59:11 PM

They do biodynamic free-range fair trade crocheted patchouli vegan chicken sandwiches?

This, with a side of waffle fries. 
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #114 on: February 16, 2017, 11:27:43 PM »
Quote from: PenFoe on February 16, 2017, 03:34:42 PM

What? No love for Carl's Jr.?
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #115 on: February 17, 2017, 06:40:58 AM »
Quote from: CBStew on February 16, 2017, 11:27:43 PM

What? No love for Carl's Jr.?

He got the first two outs in the bottom of the 10th of game 7. I'll always love him for that.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #116 on: February 17, 2017, 07:49:30 AM »

Validated!

I retract my previous validation.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #117 on: February 17, 2017, 08:19:49 AM »
Quote from: ChuckD on February 17, 2017, 07:49:30 AM

Validated!

16 grams of sugar in a salad? That doesn't have any fruit? Just how sugary is that sweet and tangy maple vinaigrette?

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #118 on: February 17, 2017, 08:35:19 AM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on February 17, 2017, 08:19:49 AM

Validated!

16 grams of sugar in a salad? That doesn't have any fruit? Just how sugary is that sweet and tangy maple vinaigrette?

Please do not construe this as a defense of PenFoe but Chuckiswrong

"Chopped Broccolini® and kale blend, tossed in a sweet and tangy maple vinaigrette dressing and topped with flavorful dried sour cherries. Served with our roasted nut blend."

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #119 on: February 17, 2017, 10:39:03 AM »
Quote from: CT III on February 17, 2017, 08:35:19 AM
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on February 17, 2017, 08:19:49 AM

Validated!

Please do not construe this as a defense of PenFoe but Chuckiswrong

"Chopped Broccolini® and kale blend, tossed in a sweet and tangy maple vinaigrette dressing and topped with flavorful dried sour cherries. Served with our roasted nut blend."

Yah. Like craisins, dried sour cherries generally have added sugar (and oil). Because they're sour. I know that one has to pay a premium for unsweetened craisins; the local dried-cherry market is beyond my means.
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!