News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: California Dining  ( 5,387 )

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
California Dining
« on: August 07, 2012, 07:39:03 PM »
Sorry if I'm skirting the rules of these parts but we should probably keep homolibland which is full of gay hippie pothead surfers separate from real American blue collar Chicago broad-shoulders who eat sausage and various other real American foodstuffs while having sex with girls. Either that or TIME TO POST!

So anyway, Pen/everyone: Where should I eat, at least until I'm a billionaire? What's this Tin Fish I've heard about? And so forth.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: California Dining
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2012, 08:28:05 PM »
Quote from: Sterling Archer on August 07, 2012, 07:39:03 PM
Sorry if I'm skirting the rules of these parts but we should probably keep homolibland which is full of gay hippie pothead surfers separate from real American blue collar Chicago broad-shoulders who eat sausage and various other real American foodstuffs while having sex with girls. Either that or TIME TO POST!

So anyway, Pen/everyone: Where should I eat, at least until I'm a billionaire? What's this Tin Fish I've heard about? And so forth.

Anywhere outside of Los Angeles.

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2012, 08:34:06 PM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on August 07, 2012, 08:28:05 PM

I did develop a soft spot for Blondie's once upon a time. In retrospect, it wasn't that great a time. Could've been worse, I suppose. Then again, the fleas.
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2012, 09:12:47 PM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on August 07, 2012, 08:28:05 PM

Excellent. There's a McDonald's just down the street!
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2012, 11:47:06 PM »
You're in luck - there are almost three dozen Cheesecake Factories in California. Just check the handy location guide on their website and you're guaranteed to shit your guts out within two hours of completing a meal there.
M'lady.

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2012, 12:00:26 AM »
Quote from: Canadouche on August 07, 2012, 11:47:06 PM
You're in luck - there are almost three dozen Cheesecake Factories in California. Just check the handy location guide on their website and you're guaranteed to shit your guts out within two hours of completing a meal there.

They do poutine?
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2012, 09:09:41 AM »
Quote from: Wheezer on August 08, 2012, 12:00:26 AM
Quote from: Canadouche on August 07, 2012, 11:47:06 PM

They do poutine?

Mmm, poutine cheesecake.
M'lady.

PenPho

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2012, 05:32:00 PM »
I just found this thread - must have missed it while I was MOVING FROM ARIZONA TO COLORADO WHICH I DID IN CASE YOU HADN'T HEARD.

But anyway, I don't have any recommendations, just wanted to say it's hilarious. 
"I use exit numbers because they tell me how many miles are left since they're based off of the molested"

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2012, 06:37:34 PM »
I can recommend a few places, but mostly around LA.

Phillipe's, near Union Station.
El Tepeyac in East LA.
Ketchup on Sunset.
The Counter in Santa Monica.
Hoagies and Wings anywhere in LA.
Big Belly Deli in Newport Beach.

I have a SD-specific place I was told about.  The owner of Chronic Smoothies in Pacific Beach was my seat-neighbor on a recent flight and he - obviously - swears by his place.  It might be worth checking out.  He's a really nice guy.
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2012, 06:40:03 PM »
Quote from: Gilgamesh on September 10, 2012, 06:37:34 PM

El Tepeyac in East LA.
Ketchup on Sunset.

I have a SD-specific place I was told about.  The owner of Chronic Smoothies in Pacific Beach was my seat-neighbor on a recent flight and he - obviously - swears by his place.  It might be worth checking out.  He's a really nice guy.

What happens if I tell him Gil sent me?  Hope he's a Simpsons quote fan.

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2012, 06:49:09 PM »
Quote from: Sterling Archer on September 10, 2012, 06:40:03 PM

El Tepeyac in East LA.
Ketchup on Sunset.

What happens if I tell him Gil sent me?  Hope he's a Simpsons quote fan.

He's currently on vacation in New York.  Evidently there is some hurricane/tropical storm off shore that is producing some awesome waves for him to surf on.  He said it cost approximately $200 to ship his board there for the week-long stay.

He'll be back on Saturday, I believe.
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2012, 01:45:10 AM »
Quote from: PenPho on September 10, 2012, 05:32:00 PM
I just found this thread - must have missed it while I was MOVING FROM ARIZONA TO COLORADO WHICH I DID IN CASE YOU HADN'T HEARD.

But anyway, I don't have any recommendations, just wanted to say it's hilarious. 

Wow.  Congratulations!  When did this happen?

Colorado must be awesome, but aren't you going to miss Arizona?
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2012, 06:41:06 AM »

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2012, 09:10:03 AM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on September 11, 2012, 06:41:06 AM

Good burgers, but can you call it LA Dining if they have restaurants in Carlsbad, San Diego, San Jose, Chicago, Times Square, two in Dublin, Ireland and Jeddah Saudi Arabia?

This is useful since I'm in San Diego.  Well done, Chuck.

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2012, 09:17:18 AM »
Quote from: Sterling Archer on September 11, 2012, 09:10:03 AM
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on September 11, 2012, 06:41:06 AM

Good burgers, but can you call it LA Dining if they have restaurants in Carlsbad, San Diego, San Jose, Chicago, Times Square, two in Dublin, Ireland and Jeddah Saudi Arabia?

This is useful since I'm in San Diego.  Well done, Chuck.

Oh.  I was going to send you several recommendations in the Napa Valley.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)