News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Cubs' Prospects FUTUREBONER thread  ( 363,461 )

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Cubs' Prospects FUTUREBONER thread
« Reply #3180 on: June 19, 2017, 04:11:14 PM »
Quote from: Quality Start Machine on June 19, 2017, 03:55:32 PM
In 28 games (97 ABs) in Myrtle Beach this year, Eloy's slashing 278/381/546 with 7 dongs.

Do the Cubs let him finish the year here, or is it time for him to see what the Southern League has to offer?

I think it's a least another month before asking this question.  I'd be surprised if he goes to Tennessee this year.
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3181 on: June 19, 2017, 05:54:50 PM »
Quote from: PenFoe on June 19, 2017, 04:11:14 PM
In 28 games (97 ABs) in Myrtle Beach this year, Eloy's slashing 278/381/546 with 7 dongs.

Do the Cubs let him finish the year here, or is it time for him to see what the Southern League has to offer?

I think it's a least another month before asking this question.  I'd be surprised if he goes to Tennessee this year.

Pen has now guaranteed a promotion. Congratulations, Eloy!
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3182 on: June 19, 2017, 07:44:55 PM »

I think he'd do fine for Montgomery.

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3183 on: June 19, 2017, 11:06:58 PM »
Tommy John surgery on Gleyber Torres' left elbow. Out for the year.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3184 on: June 19, 2017, 11:48:17 PM »
Quote from: Brownie on June 19, 2017, 11:06:58 PM

Not a Cubs prospect. MODS
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3185 on: June 20, 2017, 08:09:00 AM »
Quote from: Brownie on June 19, 2017, 11:06:58 PM

Nice choice, Jim.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3186 on: June 20, 2017, 08:24:22 AM »
Quote from: Saul Goodman on June 19, 2017, 05:54:50 PM
Quote from: PenFoe on June 19, 2017, 04:11:14 PM

Pen has now guaranteed a promotion. Congratulations, Eloy!

Let's watch him celebrate.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3187 on: July 02, 2017, 03:46:29 PM »
Everyone else don't read this.......

Fork and Pen, will we see Mekkes in the pen this season? He's dominated this year.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3188 on: July 05, 2017, 08:15:46 AM »
Quote from: Saul Goodman on July 02, 2017, 03:46:29 PM
Everyone else don't read this.......

Fork and Pen, will we see Mekkes in the pen this season? He's dominated this year.

A ball to the Cubs? I wouldn't count on it.

But man, it would be fun to see a man-mountain like him come out to the mound in the late innings.
TIME TO POST!

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3189 on: July 13, 2017, 01:02:09 PM »
I know this is the price to keep winning when you have a young core that can win for a long time on the hitting side, but you can basically shut this thread down now.

Fully trust Theo and Co to rebuild this, but the Cubs have basically the worst farm system in baseball right now.

Still well worth the price of the World Series, considering this was the first time they ever had a farm system that wasn't shitty anyway.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3190 on: July 13, 2017, 01:29:10 PM »
Quote from: PenFoe on July 13, 2017, 01:02:09 PM
I know this is the price to keep winning when you have a young core that can win for a long time on the hitting side, but you can basically shut this thread down now.

Fully trust Theo and Co to rebuild this, but the Cubs have basically the worst farm system in baseball right now.

Still well worth the price of the World Series, considering this was the first time they ever had a farm system that wasn't shitty anyway.

CT said it better:

Quote from: CT III on May 14, 2015, 09:10:43 PM
The big club is interesting again, you weird minor league following pederasts can close this thread down now.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3191 on: July 13, 2017, 01:32:36 PM »
Quote from: SKO on July 13, 2017, 01:29:10 PM

CT said it better:

The big club is interesting again, you weird minor league following pederasts can close this thread down now.

This front office was the one that got us hooked on the farm system in the first place.

Now they want to give us heroin to ween us off our methadone addiction.

Which, in theory, should work perfectly.

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3192 on: July 13, 2017, 01:36:39 PM »
Quote from: PenFoe on July 13, 2017, 01:32:36 PM

CT said it better:

This front office was the one that got us hooked on the farm system in the first place.

Yeah, I don't really give a shit about the minor league system anymore.  The next group who'll have to build this thing up probably hasn't even graduated from high school yet.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3193 on: July 13, 2017, 01:44:52 PM »
Quote from: Oleg on July 13, 2017, 01:36:39 PM
Quote from: PenFoe on July 13, 2017, 01:32:36 PM

CT said it better:

Yeah, I don't really give a shit about the minor league system anymore.  The next group who'll have to build this thing up probably hasn't even graduated from high school yet.

I have pretty much always locked in that a second rebuild will start right after 2021. It's not really a coincidence that Theo's contract expires at the exact same time Rizzo, Bryant, Schwarber, Baez, Russell, Lester should all be leaving in a mass exodus. The goal is to win another 1-4 rings between now and then and wave a happy, tearful goodbye to all of those folks as they get paid to decline in someone else's uniform before returning to live forever as Chicago legends. So yeah, the current state of the farm is not a concern of mine.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3194 on: July 13, 2017, 02:01:24 PM »

I think watching the farm system is still important, but I think the context has changed.

Rather than look at someone who is doing good things in front of 4000 people each night as somebody who can eventually excel in front of 40,000 at Wrigley Field, these guys have become currency.

So one top 10 guy gets you a rental, like Torres for Chapman.

Two get you something more long term, like Eloy/Cease for Quintana.

So when you see a guy racking up Ks or busting down fences, rather than think about how they can help in 3 years we have to start thinking about how then can help at the trade deadline.
TIME TO POST!