News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: LOST: STAR WARS  ( 25,488 )

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: LOST: STAR WARS
« Reply #105 on: April 07, 2016, 10:13:42 AM »
Quote from: Bort on April 07, 2016, 10:06:27 AM
DPD: SO IN THE TANK FOR THIS.

So many stories to tell in that universe, from spy/action thrillers like this to the traditional fantasy epic stuff to gritty stuff about bounty hunters and Hutts and there's lots of comedic potential as well. It's a blank slate to do fantastic things, I'm glad they've realized that.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #106 on: April 07, 2016, 10:22:47 AM »
Quote from: SKO on April 07, 2016, 08:28:56 AM
Quote from: Slaky on April 07, 2016, 08:19:53 AM
Quote from: SKO on April 07, 2016, 07:24:50 AM
Holy shit, Rogue One looks epic as hell: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wji-BZ0oCwg

Which characters in this one will half my Twitter feed write endless fanfic about? CANT WAIT

Are you referring to the Finn/Poe people? 'Cuz like, I get it people, that would be a neat thing, now shut the fuck up. It's been four months.

Dare I ask what the hell you guys are talking about?

And yeah, Rogue One looks awesome.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #107 on: April 07, 2016, 10:32:50 AM »
Quote from: R-V on April 07, 2016, 10:22:47 AM
Holy shit, Rogue One looks epic as hell: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wji-BZ0oCwg

Which characters in this one will half my Twitter feed write endless fanfic about? CANT WAIT

Are you referring to the Finn/Poe people? 'Cuz like, I get it people, that would be a neat thing, now shut the fuck up. It's been four months.

There are a lot of people talking about how great it would be if Finn and Poe were a gay couple and the big romance of the new trilogy. The actors have even encouraged it a bit. There's been a lot of fan art etc. devoted to it. I don't know if that's what Slaky was referring to but it's what I've seen everywhere.

I mean, I'm supportive and it'd be fine with me if they went that route but I'm kind of tired of hearing about it at this point. "shipping" relationships or whatever is about the most boring form of discussion for me when it comes to movies or TV shows.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #108 on: April 07, 2016, 11:11:23 AM »
Quote from: SKO on April 07, 2016, 10:32:50 AM

There are a lot of people talking about how great it would be if Finn and Poe were a gay couple and the big romance of the new trilogy. The actors have even encouraged it a bit. There's been a lot of fan art etc. devoted to it. I don't know if that's what Slaky was referring to but it's what I've seen everywhere.

I mean, I'm supportive and it'd be fine with me if they went that route but I'm kind of tired of hearing about it at this point. "shipping" relationships or whatever is about the most boring form of discussion for me when it comes to movies or TV shows.

Didn't Finn kinda hit on Rey right away, asking about a boyfriend, etc.? I don't get this at all.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #109 on: April 07, 2016, 11:13:44 AM »
Quote from: Eli on April 07, 2016, 11:11:23 AM

Didn't Finn kinda hit on Rey right away, asking about a boyfriend, etc.? I don't get this at all.

That's what I mean. I know it's probably a bad look to complain about making two people gay but it just seems kinda bizarre. I saw the movie and there was literally nothing to suggest that but whatever.

Frankly the fans of Star Wars are extremely close to making me want to hate Star Wars.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #110 on: April 07, 2016, 11:19:22 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on April 07, 2016, 11:13:44 AM

That's what I mean. I know it's probably a bad look to complain about making two people gay but it just seems kinda bizarre. I saw the movie and there was literally nothing to suggest that but whatever.

Frankly the fans of Star Wars are extremely close to making me want to hate Star Wars.

I mean I get the concerns about representation and gay people wanting to see themselves represented in such a big franchise, I would just prefer they, I dunno, write in two new gay characters rather than constantly hear how a guy pretty quickly established as not gay should date Poe.

Star Wars fans are pretty terrible. Several subsets have emerged: the people we're complaining about constantly trying to push this Finn/Poe thing, the men's rights activists calling Rey a Mary Sue and bitching about cultural genocide because the movies no longer exclusively cater to white teenage boys, the weird ass contrarians bitching that TFA is just a crappy New Hope remake and umm actually the prequels aren't bad, and, worst of all, me.

But fuck it these movies are awesome.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #111 on: April 07, 2016, 12:16:14 PM »
Quote from: SKO on April 07, 2016, 11:19:22 AM

I mean I get the concerns about representation and gay people wanting to see themselves represented in such a big franchise, I would just prefer they, I dunno, write in two new gay characters rather than constantly hear how a guy pretty quickly established as not gay should date Poe.

Star Wars fans are pretty terrible. Several subsets have emerged: the people we're complaining about constantly trying to push this Finn/Poe thing, the men's rights activists calling Rey a Mary Sue and bitching about cultural genocide because the movies no longer exclusively cater to white teenage boys, the weird ass contrarians bitching that TFA is just a crappy New Hope remake and umm actually the prequels aren't bad, and, worst of all, me.

Star Wars fans have been terrible since the EU enabled the series to have the same pointless minutiae as goddamn Star Trek. And somehow taking the EU away only made them worse.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #112 on: April 07, 2016, 12:24:27 PM »
Quote from: Bort on April 07, 2016, 12:16:14 PM
Quote from: SKO on April 07, 2016, 11:19:22 AM

Star Wars fans have been terrible since the EU enabled the series to have the same pointless minutiae as goddamn Star Trek. And somehow taking the EU away only made them worse.

That's why I read the Thrawn series and quit. Too Star Treky / Tom Clancyish for my Star Wars tastes.  Didn't hate them as much as be bored by them. Wasn't interested in what other authors chose to add.

ASIDE: What's with the fascination over Luke's blue saber? They hit that topic in both the Thrawn series and TFA. What is it, fucking Excalisaber?

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #113 on: April 08, 2016, 07:40:19 AM »

And Luke made out with Leia that one time (that we know of).
M'lady.

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #114 on: April 08, 2016, 11:53:00 AM »
Quote from: Canadouche on April 08, 2016, 07:40:19 AM

The subtext is there and he probably fingerblasted her on the Falcon a couple times. The guilt factor was a slow burn but eventually led him to seclude himself on a faroff planet so he could freak out and cry in solace.
The 39th Tenet of Pexism: True in the game as long as blood is blue in my vein.

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #115 on: April 08, 2016, 01:15:17 PM »
Quote from: InternetApex on April 08, 2016, 11:53:00 AM

The subtext is there and he probably fingerblasted her on the Falcon a couple times. The guilt factor was a slow burn but eventually led him to seclude himself on a faroff planet so he could freak out and cry in solace.
As Sigmund Freud said,  "Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar."
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #116 on: April 08, 2016, 01:18:20 PM »
Quote from: CBStew on April 08, 2016, 01:15:17 PM
Quote from: InternetApex on April 08, 2016, 11:53:00 AM

As Sigmund Freud said,  "Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar."
Tell that to Bill Clinton.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #117 on: September 12, 2017, 09:48:04 AM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on January 24, 2013, 04:58:47 PM
Episode VII: Attack of the Lens Flares

He's back.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #118 on: September 12, 2017, 09:50:26 AM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on September 12, 2017, 09:48:04 AM
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on January 24, 2013, 04:58:47 PM
Episode VII: Attack of the Lens Flares

He's back.

I loved TFA, and wasn't bothered by how much it aped A New Hope because I felt that was necessary to set re-introduce the star wars people loved and to set up the new trilogy. As long as VIII and IX go new places with the story it would all be fine. I felt the same way after the 2009 Star Trek, though, and then JJ took the sequel and just rehashed Wrath of Khan very poorly. So I'm a little worried here. Hopefully Rian Johnson takes The Last Jedi to a place where it would be pretty much impossible for IX to be an ROTJ remake.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #119 on: September 12, 2017, 09:56:10 AM »
Quote from: SKO on September 12, 2017, 09:50:26 AM
I loved TFA, and wasn't bothered by how much it aped A New Hope because I felt that was necessary to set re-introduce the star wars people loved and to set up the new trilogy. As long as VIII and IX go new places with the story it would all be fine. I felt the same way after the 2009 Star Trek, though, and then JJ took the sequel and just rehashed Wrath of Khan very poorly. So I'm a little worried here. Hopefully Rian Johnson takes The Last Jedi to a place where it would be pretty much impossible for IX to be an ROTJ remake.