News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: LOST: STAR WARS  ( 25,541 )

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: LOST: STAR WARS
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2015, 09:54:29 AM »
Quote from: SKO on October 20, 2015, 08:58:05 AM
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on October 20, 2015, 08:52:58 AM
Quote from: SKO on October 20, 2015, 08:37:47 AM
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on October 20, 2015, 08:33:19 AM
Quote from: SKO on October 20, 2015, 07:44:52 AM
I'm going to be honest.

I am really fucking excited to see this movie.

They really want us to think Luke is a bad guy now.

Definitely going for the JJ Abrams' classic mystery villain approach. My guess is when Luke does show up he's weird after years in seclusion and he does at least one thing that you initially misconstrue as evil but has some deeper Jedi reasoning behind it and he's not the villain after all.

If they go Big Hero 6 and it's Luke behind the mask, I'm going to puke.

If you're talking about the Vader-y looking dude who was talking to Vader's burnt mask, that's not Luke, it's Adam Driver.

What if it's Mark Hamill in the suit but the voice is Adam Driver? BOOM. You just got Lucas'd.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2015, 10:02:10 AM »
Quote from: ChuckD on October 20, 2015, 09:54:29 AM
I'm going to be honest.

Definitely going for the JJ Abrams' classic mystery villain approach. My guess is when Luke does show up he's weird after years in seclusion and he does at least one thing that you initially misconstrue as evil but has some deeper Jedi reasoning behind it and he's not the villain after all.

If you're talking about the Vader-y looking dude who was talking to Vader's burnt mask, that's not Luke, it's Adam Driver.

What if it's Mark Hamill in the suit but the voice is Adam Driver? BOOM. You just got Lucas'd.

Yep. That's the fear. Hamil's name on the poster but his character isn't.

Or it it...

Tony

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2015, 10:05:05 AM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on October 20, 2015, 10:02:10 AM
I'm going to be honest.

Or it it...

The whole it it? I thought it was at at?

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2015, 10:14:46 AM »
Quote from: Tony on October 20, 2015, 10:05:05 AM
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on October 20, 2015, 10:02:10 AM
I'm going to be honest.

Or it it...

The whole it it? I thought it was at at?

It's Jar Jar.

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2015, 10:53:37 AM »
I'm going to be honest.

So they'd take an immensely talented voice actor and give him a purely physical role? ...what a twist!
M'lady.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2015, 11:00:19 AM »
There are pictures of Adam Driver walking around leading stormtroopers without the mask. Also there's at least one shot of Luke in his Obi-Wan robe/beard combo. Could be misinformation but I'm stickin' with Luke isn't in the mask.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #21 on: October 20, 2015, 11:01:55 AM »
Quote from: SKO on October 20, 2015, 11:00:19 AM
They're are pictures of Adam Driver walking around leading stormtroopers without the mask. Also there's at least one shot of Luke in his Obi-Wan robe/beard combo. Could be misinformation but I'm stickin' with Luke isn't in the mask.

I think you're right. If only because the guy in the mask is also a lot skinnier than Mark Hammill.
M'lady.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #22 on: October 20, 2015, 11:07:05 AM »
Quote from: Canadouche on October 20, 2015, 11:01:55 AM
They're are pictures of Adam Driver walking around leading stormtroopers without the mask. Also there's at least one shot of Luke in his Obi-Wan robe/beard combo. Could be misinformation but I'm stickin' with Luke isn't in the mask.

I think you're right. If only because the guy in the mask is also a lot skinnier than Mark Hammill.

For some reason my total sleep deprivation from having a five month old at home manifests itself as a complete inability to distinguish between homophones anymore.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #23 on: October 20, 2015, 11:14:20 AM »

DPD. Close examination of the color and hilt of the lightsaber the black guy is using on the poster and in the trailers tells me that he's using Anakin's old lightsaber, which was presumed lost when Vader cut off Luke's hand on Bespin.

So my theory is the black dude finds the lightsaber and also discovers he is force sensitive and he and the girl team up to find Luke Skywalker so he can train them. Luke has been in hiding for decades because he's afraid of the dark side or some shit.

Tony

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #24 on: October 20, 2015, 11:19:30 AM »
Quote from: SKO on October 20, 2015, 11:14:20 AM

DPD. Close examination of the color and hilt of the lightsaber the black guy is using on the poster and in the trailers tells me that he's using Anakin's old lightsaber, which was presumed lost when Vader cut off Luke's hand on Bespin.

So my theory is the black dude finds the lightsaber and also discovers he is force sensitive and he and the girl team up to find Luke Skywalker so he can train them. Luke has been in hiding for decades because he's afraid of the dark side or some shit.

It's definitely Anakin's lightsaber. The bad guy has Vader's melted mask, and I think he wants Anakin's lightsaber too. He's a collector of Star Wars memorabilia.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #25 on: October 20, 2015, 11:20:48 AM »

So, they are stealing from Zahn's "The Last Command"? Guh.

Bespin was a gas giant. That saber is compressed into a ball of metallic helium and hydrogen at this point.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #26 on: October 20, 2015, 11:31:16 AM »
Quote from: SKO on October 20, 2015, 11:14:20 AMClose examination of the color and hilt of the lightsaber the black guy is using

I'm not sure if this quote is more entertaining with context or without.

Tony

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #27 on: October 20, 2015, 11:57:19 AM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on October 20, 2015, 11:20:48 AM

So, they are stealing from Zahn's "The Last Command"? Guh.

Bespin was a gas giant. That saber is compressed into a ball of metallic helium and hydrogen at this point.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #28 on: October 20, 2015, 12:05:55 PM »

My guess would be that Luke is hiding out because the Jedi aren't necessarily real popular in the Galaxy.  The Jedi Council was blamed for a coup attempt that led to the Emperor's ascension to power and the last publicly known Force user was a 7 foot, black armor clad monster who blew up planets as an interrogation tactic.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #29 on: October 20, 2015, 12:08:42 PM »
Quote from: CT III on October 20, 2015, 12:05:55 PM

My guess would be that Luke is hiding out because the Jedi aren't necessarily real popular in the Galaxy.  The Jedi Council was blamed for a coup attempt that led to the Emperor's ascension to power and the last publicly known Force user was a 7 foot, black armor clad monster who blew up planets as an interrogation tactic.

That, too. Luke is unwilling to start training new Jedi because of this and because of the dark side but these two whippersnappers inspire him to give it a go.