News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: LOST: STAR WARS  ( 25,540 )

Tony

• Fukakke Fan Club
Re: LOST: STAR WARS
« Reply #30 on: October 20, 2015, 12:17:21 PM »
Quote from: SKO on October 20, 2015, 12:08:42 PM
Quote from: CT III on October 20, 2015, 12:05:55 PM
Quote from: SKO on October 20, 2015, 11:14:20 AM
Quote from: Canadouche on October 20, 2015, 11:01:55 AM
Quote from: SKO on October 20, 2015, 11:00:19 AM
They're are pictures of Adam Driver walking around leading stormtroopers without the mask. Also there's at least one shot of Luke in his Obi-Wan robe/beard combo. Could be misinformation but I'm stickin' with Luke isn't in the mask.

I think you're right. If only because the guy in the mask is also a lot skinnier than Mark Hammill.

DPD. Close examination of the color and hilt of the lightsaber the black guy is using on the poster and in the trailers tells me that he's using Anakin's old lightsaber, which was presumed lost when Vader cut off Luke's hand on Bespin.

So my theory is the black dude finds the lightsaber and also discovers he is force sensitive and he and the girl team up to find Luke Skywalker so he can train them. Luke has been in hiding for decades because he's afraid of the dark side or some shit.

My guess would be that Luke is hiding out because the Jedi aren't necessarily real popular in the Galaxy.  The Jedi Council was blamed for a coup attempt that led to the Emperor's ascension to power and the last publicly known Force user was a 7 foot, black armor clad monster who blew up planets as an interrogation tactic.

That, too. Luke is unwilling to start training new Jedi because of this and because of the dark side but these two whippersnappers inspire him to give it a go.

I'm thinking Kylo Ren is Han and Leia's kid. He finds out his grandpa was a bad ass sith, and wants to follow in his footsteps. Uncle Luke has to come out of hiding to save the day with his two new young wannabe Jedi. And Han dies because Harrison Ford is too old for this shit.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #31 on: October 20, 2015, 12:19:40 PM »
Quote from: Tony on October 20, 2015, 12:17:21 PM
Quote from: SKO on October 20, 2015, 12:08:42 PM
Quote from: CT III on October 20, 2015, 12:05:55 PM
They're are pictures of Adam Driver walking around leading stormtroopers without the mask. Also there's at least one shot of Luke in his Obi-Wan robe/beard combo. Could be misinformation but I'm stickin' with Luke isn't in the mask.

I think you're right. If only because the guy in the mask is also a lot skinnier than Mark Hammill.

DPD. Close examination of the color and hilt of the lightsaber the black guy is using on the poster and in the trailers tells me that he's using Anakin's old lightsaber, which was presumed lost when Vader cut off Luke's hand on Bespin.

So my theory is the black dude finds the lightsaber and also discovers he is force sensitive and he and the girl team up to find Luke Skywalker so he can train them. Luke has been in hiding for decades because he's afraid of the dark side or some shit.

My guess would be that Luke is hiding out because the Jedi aren't necessarily real popular in the Galaxy.  The Jedi Council was blamed for a coup attempt that led to the Emperor's ascension to power and the last publicly known Force user was a 7 foot, black armor clad monster who blew up planets as an interrogation tactic.

That, too. Luke is unwilling to start training new Jedi because of this and because of the dark side but these two whippersnappers inspire him to give it a go.

I'm thinking Kylo Ren is Han and Leia's kid. He finds out his grandpa was a bad ass sith, and wants to follow in his footsteps. Uncle Luke has to come out of hiding to save the day with his two new young wannabe Jedi. And Han dies because Harrison Ford is too old for this shit.

I could buy this. Goddammit I want to watch this movie now. I guess it's time to begin my non-stop continuous marathon of the other movies from now until release day.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #32 on: October 20, 2015, 01:01:51 PM »
John Boyega is excited. https://instagram.com/p/9DN_LbsCtp/

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #33 on: October 20, 2015, 01:26:41 PM »
Quote from: Tony on October 20, 2015, 11:57:19 AM
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on October 20, 2015, 11:20:48 AM

So, they are stealing from Zahn's "The Last Command"? Guh.

Bespin was a gas giant. That saber is compressed into a ball of metallic helium and hydrogen at this point.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #34 on: October 20, 2015, 01:31:51 PM »
It was totally worth it to visit dork.net to prove Chuck wrong.

QuoteEngaging the Sith Lord in a lightsaber duel, Luke demonstrated his vastly increased skill with the weapon, impressing its former wielder. Ultimately, however, Luke's lightsaber hand was sliced off by Vader and fell, along with the lightsaber it carried, into the depths of Cloud City.

The lightsaber, still clutched by Luke Skywalker's hand, had become lodged in one of Cloud City's lower air shafts and eventually was recovered by a maintenance drone. The drone deposited the hand and the lightsaber in Smelting Core D. There, it was discovered by Groggin, the Smelting Core's supervisor.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #35 on: October 20, 2015, 01:38:19 PM »
Chuck being wrong for the 20,000th time notwithstanding, I am stoked for this and I don't even care how bad I was burned by the Prequels.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #36 on: October 20, 2015, 01:38:33 PM »
Quote from: R-V on October 20, 2015, 01:31:51 PM

QuoteEngaging the Sith Lord in a lightsaber duel, Luke demonstrated his vastly increased skill with the weapon, impressing its former wielder. Ultimately, however, Luke's lightsaber hand was sliced off by Vader and fell, along with the lightsaber it carried, into the depths of Cloud City.

The lightsaber, still clutched by Luke Skywalker's hand, had become lodged in one of Cloud City's lower air shafts and eventually was recovered by a maintenance drone. The drone deposited the hand and the lightsaber in Smelting Core D. There, it was discovered by Groggin, the Smelting Core's supervisor.

I am sure all of that is expanded universe material now deemed non-canon by Lucasfilm, but I mean, it's not hard to explain how Luke's lightsaber survived, because it didn't fall directly into the air of Bespin itself. This is evident by the fact that Luke also fell and didn't, y'know, end up crushed to death in a gas giant's atmosphere.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #37 on: October 20, 2015, 01:41:11 PM »
Quote from: SKO on October 20, 2015, 01:38:33 PM

I am sure all of that is expanded universe material now deemed non-canon by Lucasfilm, but I mean, it's not hard to explain how Luke's lightsaber survived, because it didn't fall directly into the air of Bespin itself. This is evident by the fact that Luke also fell and didn't, y'know, end up crushed to death in a gas giant's atmosphere.

Also, remember that in Luke's fall, he changed direction at one point. There is no guarantee that the part of the shaft the lightsaber fell into ended up opening directly into Bespin.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #38 on: October 20, 2015, 01:54:49 PM »
Quote from: Bort on October 20, 2015, 01:41:11 PM

Also, remember that in Luke's fall, he changed direction at one point. There is no guarantee that the part of the shaft the lightsaber fell into ended up opening directly into Bespin.

I'm willing to bet that most of the storage rooms or work areas or carbonite freezing chambers in Cloud City do not have openings where a simple failure to see the Wet Floor sign could result in a slip and fall directly into purple clouds of death. The lawsuits would be never-ending.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #39 on: October 20, 2015, 02:09:53 PM »

Retcon crap. We saw the hand fall.

http://scifi.stackexchange.com/questions/8053/is-that-lukes-hand-falling-down-at-the-end-of-the-empire-strikes-back

"While it's not stated definitively, I think it's intended to be his hand, still clutching his lightsaber. If you can find a good image, there is a cylinder stretching out on two ends from something in the center, as if it's a lightsaber held in a hand. But the main part of the object, the part holding the center of the cylinder, there's what looks like fabric fanning out from it and blowing in the wind as it falls. "

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #40 on: October 20, 2015, 02:58:59 PM »
Quote from: SKO on October 20, 2015, 01:54:49 PM
Quote from: Bort on October 20, 2015, 01:41:11 PM

I'm willing to bet that most of the storage rooms or work areas or carbonite freezing chambers in Cloud City do not have openings where a simple failure to see the Wet Floor sign could result in a slip and fall directly into purple clouds of death. The lawsuits would be never-ending.

Actually, I would believe that they do.  If there's one thing we definitively can infer about Star Wars Universe from its architecture it's that no version of OHSA exists there.

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #41 on: October 20, 2015, 03:26:02 PM »
With all this talk about whatever happened to Luke's hand/lightsabre, is anybody else out there inspired to play a few sessions of a Star Wars RPG? I've got a bag full of d6's that are just aching to be rolled!
M'lady.

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #42 on: October 20, 2015, 03:36:40 PM »
Well, this page is the saddest thing I've read in quite some time.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #43 on: October 20, 2015, 05:16:24 PM »
Quote from: Tonker on October 20, 2015, 03:36:40 PM
Well, this page is the saddest thing I've read in quite some time.

Seriously smells like someone dropped a NERDBOMB in here.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #44 on: October 20, 2015, 06:38:24 PM »
Quote from: R-V on October 20, 2015, 11:31:16 AM
Quote from: SKO on October 20, 2015, 11:14:20 AMClose examination of the color and hilt of the lightsaber the black guy is using

I'm not sure if this quote is more entertaining with context or without.

Seems like the black guy's lightsaber is a little longer and girthier. Seriously, though. Look at the photos.

It's veinier, too.